(Topic ID: 136653)

MMr - Colorization Pricing and Availability...Finally!

By eharan

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,467 posts
  • 303 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by fosaisu
  • Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

556441-2 (resized).jpg
Medieval Madness Color (resized).jpg
Trolls color (resized).jpg
Damsels color (resized).jpg
Tall And Fat (resized).jpg
IMG_2328 (resized).JPG
PPS (resized).jpg
ptb (resized).jpg
Dale Carnegie Jr (resized).PNG
IMG_2327 (resized).JPG
20160820_110220 (resized).jpg
MMRLE-dmd-shift-1 (resized).jpg
dumb-and-dumber-to-sea-bass-sequel-fbpic_(resized).jpg
Phone_(resized).jpg
belushi-1_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
There are 2,467 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 50.
#401 8 years ago

Your absolutely correct Eric but we have things in the medical industry called "blind studies" These studies or sometimes people, like potential jurors, should have no preconceptions in any way about who, what, when or why. In these cases as discussed above, and with all the "opinions" and info back and forth coupled with the fact that there are those who have money up in either company just makes it so, might I say "tainted", it really just all comes back to opinions. And you know what they say about those

#402 8 years ago

I have no skin in the game (don't own a MM, didn't order a MMR) but I did get a chance to play one on location at Pizza West this last weekend. My thoughts? I couldn't tell a difference between it and any other MM I'd played before except for the shaker motor (which is actually kind of cool). Of course all games play slightly differently, but it was on par with any other MM I've played. I wouldn't hesitate to own either of them.

#403 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Your absolutely correct Eric but we have things in the medical industry called "blind studies" These studies or sometimes people, like potential jurors, should have no preconceptions in any way about who, what, when or why. In these cases as discussed above, and with all the "opinions" and info back and forth coupled with the fact that there are those who have money up in either company just makes it so, might I say "tainted", it really just all comes back to opinions. And you know what they say about those

Yes, I definitely agree that there are some who are very biased in the debate.

Quoted from hawksfan:

Your have an inherent misunderstanding of how scientific observation works. This is faster, or that is faster based on non measured observations is not science.

Simply put, you're mistaking degree of accuracy of measurement for whether something is scientific or not. Observations by the human eye are not scientifically invalid, especially in a situation where precision measurement is completely unnecessary. Again, the assertion is that there is not a signifcant noticeable difference between the two, if you're saying you need a precision instrument to measure the difference then my point is already proven.

#404 8 years ago

Can you guys please take this debate to the Scientific Method sub-forum?

#405 8 years ago

Avogadro has 6.022140857x10^23 problems but a pinball ain't one.

#406 8 years ago
Quoted from EricR:

Yes, I definitely agree that there are some who are very biased in the debate.

Simply put, you're mistaking degree of accuracy of measurement for whether something is scientific or not. Observations by the human eye are not scientifically invalid, especially in a situation where precision measurement is completely unnecessary. Again, the assertion is that there is not a signifcant noticeable difference between the two, if you're saying you need a precision instrument to measure the difference then my point is already proven.

Please tell me you have a non skilled job, you truly clueless.

#407 8 years ago

Everybody had skin in every game on pinside. So stop saying otherwise!!!

#408 8 years ago
Quoted from dhalem:

Based on this thread and everything else going down, I decided to ask for a refund from JJP as well. The response I got was interesting. I'd be curious to hear what others were told. Please feel free to message me privately.

The money JJP collected for MMRs last year went straight to CGC, so if Jack just straight refunds money, he's got to find a buyer for the one you walk out on. Unless he's got a waiting list of people, I can see how he'd hold you off to find out if he can get the money back out of CGC first.

#409 8 years ago

Which machine is faster than the other is easily determined using calibrated eyeballs.

#410 8 years ago

Maybe they took the coin mech $ and invested it it colorization !

Let's see what they bring to the table .Hopefully by Halloween I have a game and Color. I don't dare say Xmas

#411 8 years ago
Quoted from hawksfan:

Please tell me you have a non skilled job, you truly clueless.

Like your typing skills? Welcome to Pinside by the way, what was your last username before you got banned?

#412 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Which machine is faster than the other is easily determined using calibrated eyeballs.

if they are side by side I'd agree. Memories are flawed.

#413 8 years ago

I can take any game and give it a super good cleaning and waxing of the playfield, replace balls to new ones and wax them too and any game will be 5-10% faster easily.

#414 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Like your typing skills? Welcome to Pinside by the way, what was your last username before you got banned?

I'm not concerned with a misspelling on a forum, is still better than Pacak's.
No one, but who would you like to think I was, FF, early kaneda, the confederate flag post guy? I'm curious about your possible conspiracy theories. Are your also worried that black helicopters are following you?

#415 8 years ago

There is an allowable tolerance for calibrated eyeballs

#416 8 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I can take any game and give it a super good cleaning and waxing of the playfield, replace balls to new ones and wax them too and any game will be 5-10% faster easily.

Faster, yeah, 10%, that's quite a bit. Easy to test.

#417 8 years ago
Quoted from hawksfan:

No one, but who would you like to think I was, FF, early kaneda, the confederate flag post guy? I'm curious about your possible conspiracy theories. Are your also worried that black helicopters are following you?

Nothing beats those "EXpo will hAvE more gamEs thaN EVeR beFOrE" posts.

#418 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Nothing beats those "EXpo will hAvE more gamEs thaN EVeR beFOrE" posts.

Pacak, puts on a good show, advertises it like a central casting villain

#419 8 years ago
Quoted from hawksfan:

Are your also? What? Lol!

#420 8 years ago
Quoted from hawksfan:

Are your also worried that black helicopters are following you?

No, but seasoned online folks can see right through people trying to hide under new accounts. The tells are always there... and in yours too.

#421 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The money JJP collected for MMRs last year went straight to CGC, so if Jack just straight refunds money, he's got to find a buyer for the one you walk out on. Unless he's got a waiting list of people, I can see how he'd hold you off to find out if he can get the money back out of CGC first.

I'm not a lawyer, but I can't see why that's my problem. My financial relationship is with Jack, not CGC.

#422 8 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I'm sorry you feel that way. I have a ton of respect for your opinions, and agree with you 99% of the time. Just feels like you're ranting on old evidence.

I can agree with the old evidence, although I think I only posted once about the proto gameplay.. rest of the ranting was directed towards Vid going all Rockwell on us (thanks MrBally!) about MMRr's flipper system

#423 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

No, but seasoned online folks can see right through people trying to hide under new accounts. The tells are always there... and in yours too.

So the great and all powerful Oz has brought his crystal ball of delusions into focus. Sorry to break it to you, there's nothing to find.

#424 8 years ago

I'm working now on thumbs-downing everyone in this thread who's talking about anything other than colorization...

Edit: PM me if I made a mistake with your post and you want me to change it, there were a lot..........

Edit: Thanks for PMs / comments, updated. Looking forward to hearing more about the colorization of MMR.

#425 8 years ago
Quoted from mcc:

I'm working now on thumbs-downing everyone in this thread who's talking about anything other than colorization...

I really hate what Ted Turner did to all those Classic B/W movies. The colorization just looked like crap to me.

#426 8 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

I really hate what Ted Turner did to all those Classic B/W movies. The colorization just looked like crap to me.

The people were way too green.

#427 8 years ago
Quoted from mcc:

You don't get out much do you?

#428 8 years ago

You guys are spoiled as shit. Just be happy that MMR's are even being made. Has it really come to the point, that if you can't bling out your machine with extra shit like color displays, it's not worth buying anymore? We did fine for 27 years without color DMD's and we were very content playing pinball with orange and some cases (red) DMD's only. Now it comes down to make or break because of it? WTF? Dubba you....tee.....ehph.

#429 8 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Mmm hmm... variable voltage power supplies in a pinball is something pretty new... surely CGC/PPS would be touting it as a feature, if it actually existed!

I thought Capcom's Kingpin had cpu controlled variable flipper strength? I read it somewhere. Perhaps other Capcom games had it wlso (BBB, Breakshot?)

#430 8 years ago
Quoted from Warbound:

I thought Capcom's Kingpin had cpu controlled variable flipper strength? I read it somewhere. Perhaps other Capcom games had it wlso (BBB, Breakshot?)

In the final mode of Kingpin where you are raiding the vault, the flippers slowly get weaker and weaker until they die.

#431 8 years ago
Quoted from Warbound:

Yes it's true and from people that played it, they say it was a really cool feature. All capcoms have adjustable flipper strength, but none use it as a feature or mode.

#432 8 years ago
Quoted from Warbound:

BS does have adjustable coils via the menu. I do not know what they do to enact the change, pulse length or something else

#433 8 years ago
Quoted from mcc:

I think we should work on thumbing down posts from people that have no dog in this race. Clearly this is news for the consumption of MMr owners and those that have purchased one and are still waiting. I don't understand why people who have absolutely no business commenting on this knowing full well that it does not effect or involve them in any way. Yet I'm astounded that they feel that their posts are somehow so important and profound that they need to share them with the rest of us. In the future I would hope that any news regarding MMr be posted in an owners/members thread where it actually benefits owners.

#434 8 years ago

I think we should work on thumbing down posts from people that have no dog in this race.

#435 8 years ago
Quoted from mcc:

I think we should work on thumbing down posts from people that have no dog in this race.

Perhaps you 2 can get together and find different uses for your thumbs.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/uranus/page/3#post-2640758

#436 8 years ago
Quoted from mcc:

Edit: PM me if I made a mistake with your post and you want me to change it, there were a lot..........

Here is another you can thumbs-down

#437 8 years ago

dogless in Socal eh Rob?

#438 8 years ago

I think we should work on thumbing down posts from people that have no dog in this race. Clearly this is news for the consumption of MMr owners and those that have purchased one and are still waiting. I don't understand why people who have absolutely no business commenting on this knowing full well that it does not effect or involve them in any way. Yet I'm astounded that they feel that their posts are somehow so important and profound that they need to share them with the rest of us. In the future I would hope that any news regarding MMr be posted in an owners/members thread where it actually benefits owners.

By that logic, does that mean the opinion of a person who bought two carries more weight than someone only buying one?

#439 8 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

By that logic, does that mean the opinion of a person who bought two carries more weight than someone only buying one?

not really but you certainly have more at stake.

#440 8 years ago
Quoted from mcc:

You missed a few of mine, including the one that started "This is OT, but ..."

#441 8 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Can we now claim we all have Skins in that game?

#442 8 years ago

dogless in Socal eh Rob?

I've said it before several times, and I will repeat it again: saying someone can't post an opinion because "they have no dog in the race" or "skin in the game" is one of the dumbest things posted on Pinside on a regular basis.

#443 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I've said it before several times, and I will repeat it again: saying someone can't post an opinion because "they have no dog in the race" is one of the dumbest things posted on Pinside on a regular basis.

But is it better or worse than "no skin in the game"?

#444 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

But is it better or worse than "no skin in the game"?

You beat my edit!

#445 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I've said it before several times, and I will repeat it again: saying someone can't post an opinion because "they have no dog in the race" is one of the dumbest things posted on Pinside on a regular basis.

Maybe I will go into the Spiderman thread and break their balls knowing full well I have no business commenting on it at all. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

#446 8 years ago
Quoted from Warbound:

They do.. many games have coil strength settings (modern Sterns have an adjustment for all coils), but all do so by varying the length of time the coil is on.

#447 8 years ago

And since we're talkin' dogs, isn't it usually either "no dog in this fight" or "no horse in this race"? Or has that been tidied up since Michael Vick made a name for himself? Maybe I'll start using "no horse in this fight."

#448 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

And since we're talkin' dogs, isn't it usually either "no dog in this fight" or "no horse in this race"? Or has that been tidied up since Michael Vick made a name for himself? Maybe I'll start using "no horse in this fight."

sorry I was thinking about dog racing

I was just on my way across the street to a corporation that I'm sure is conducting a meeting and I will sit in on it and comment on their business, whatever that may be. I will tell them that RobT feels that even though I have no dog in that race that I can still comment anyway.

#449 8 years ago

OK folks..like in the other threads...this one is going sideways pretty quickly.
Keep it on topic. Remember the original topic was about the potential of PPS/CGC charging for the MMR colorization. Keep the posts in that realm please.
And, like the past...consider this fair warning. Next will be warnings, then ejects.

Not fun, but if every thread about PPS or JJP keeps turning into a huge dumpster fire with no real information, nobody is ever going to read the threads. If you guys want to chit chat and banter with each other one on one, take it to PMs.

#450 8 years ago
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 45.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.99
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,467 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 50.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-bad-news-on-colorization/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.