(Topic ID: 136653)

MMr - Colorization Pricing and Availability...Finally!

By eharan

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,467 posts
  • 303 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by fosaisu
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 181 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

556441-2 (resized).jpg
Medieval Madness Color (resized).jpg
Trolls color (resized).jpg
Damsels color (resized).jpg
Tall And Fat (resized).jpg
IMG_2328 (resized).JPG
PPS (resized).jpg
ptb (resized).jpg
Dale Carnegie Jr (resized).PNG
IMG_2327 (resized).JPG
20160820_110220 (resized).jpg
MMRLE-dmd-shift-1 (resized).jpg
dumb-and-dumber-to-sea-bass-sequel-fbpic_(resized).jpg
Phone_(resized).jpg
belushi-1_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg

There are 2467 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 50.
#2401 3 years ago

WE have not ordered our MMR LE chip yet... Can we buy one at the Chicago Pinball Expo next week...??? THX> Nick

#2402 3 years ago
Quoted from NicToria:

WE have not ordered our MMR LE chip yet... Can we buy one at the Chicago Pinball Expo next week...??? THX> Nick

they need to code it to work on your specific machine. maybe call PPS directly & see if they can get CGC to do in advance of you getting there. could save on a little shipping $ maybe if you could pick up from them there ? good idea to at least ask for...

#2403 3 years ago

I will have color upgrades available at Expo. Sorry Nick I can't help you with your LE but if anyone needs one for a Standard look me up
Larry@flipnoutpinball.com

#2404 3 years ago

Ugh! I ordered my MMR Color upgrade over three weeks ago on (Sept 20th) and it still hasn't arrived. I don't know what the hold up is but I am bummed that I had an arcade party a week ago and I couldn't show it off in time. Crud.

#2405 3 years ago

These were ordered from a reseller not PPS ... then the reseller orders from us, then we ship to the reseller, then the reseller gets them to you. Ask your reseller for the latest timing but I would assume anyday ...

#2406 3 years ago

Our reseller tells me he ordered end of July, still waiting...

#2407 3 years ago

I finally decided to ordered this upgrade, so I purchased it directly from PPS on Sunday 10/09; I got an email today 10/11 stating that it has shipped, I have to say I'm very pleased with the turn around time on it.

#2408 3 years ago

I got mine installed- with the 3D translight and this upgrade- (and some other goodies I already added) this is the prettiest machine I own.

Nice job on the colorization....expensive- but very nice upgrade.

#2409 3 years ago
Quoted from Gangplank:

Well, I got my colorization yesterday, turns out it's actually much MUCH better in person, it's just so crisp, better then I could have imagined it to be! They did a great job picking colors for the game. It was well worth the money and I have absolutely no regrets, I am very pleased, with that said, as others have said some of the Merlin text is cut out in the color as well as a few other minor bugs, but that's all stuff that will probably be fixed! If you're on the fence about it, I say just go for it, you will not be disappointed and will be enjoying your MMR at it's maximum potential!
Here are a few pictures, though they are far FAR inferior to the true quality of the color upgrade in person.

i got mine last week. some of the dots are not colorized (damsel for example). is this a bug or a damage?

#2410 3 years ago

I ordered mine last week and it arrived a few days ago. Just need to go pick it up in Blaine. Was 37$ usd cheaper over shipping it into Canada. Was surprised how quick it arrived.

Any word if there will be an update to it?

#2411 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

they need to code it to work on your specific machine.

Doubt it...how does one machine differentiate itself from another? They just need your LE # so you can claim the LE price of $199.99...then they cross you off the list so no one can also claim to have your #.

#2412 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Doubt it...how does one machine differentiate itself from another? They just need your LE # so you can claim the LE price of $199.99...then they cross you off the list so no one can also claim to have your #.

Oh, interesting.
I was under the impression they wouldn't function if swapped across From an LE pin to any other pin.

Someone should test this

#2413 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Oh, interesting.
I was under the impression they wouldn't function of swapped across From an LE pin to any other pin.
Someone should test this

I just think it's a chip. I highly doubt they went through the trouble of doing anything to individualize LEs thru software...I doubt the upsale security chip was even on their minds when the games started production.

#2414 3 years ago

Yeah, I highly doubt they have the game ID burned into the chips. Would be a real PITA for PPS to manage that way. Would they even care if you decided to sell your chip off to someone else?

Edit: Beat me to it.

#2415 3 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Yeah, I highly doubt they have the game ID burned into the chips. Would be a real PITA for PPS to manage that way. Would they even care if you decided to sell your chip off to someone else?
Edit: Beat me to it.

And add another $ 50 to the price probably.........lol

#2416 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I finally decided to ordered this upgrade, so I purchased it directly from PPS on Sunday 10/09; I got an email today 10/11 stating that it has shipped, I have to say I'm very pleased with the turn around time on it.

Update: Received this today

Going to wait until this weekend to install it. The instructions say to install v2.01 software first ... then to turn on the machine and make sure it's running before installing the PIC. I already know this is going to be problematic as my game has the original version 1 PIC which will not be compatible with V2 software

I'm sure everything will be fine

#2417 3 years ago

As far as I know any PIC is compatible with all software versions released thus far. You just won't have the color option enabled until you install the color PIC.

#2418 3 years ago

And ... Everything went fine.

I had a previous problem with the knocker not working and was sent a new controller to remedy the problem, the controller board I received had V2.0 software installed; that version of software had major issues communicating with a V1.0 PIC. Looks like they fixed those issues as the V2.0.1 software booted just fine with the V1.0 PIC.

I now have color

#2419 3 years ago

So I have to ask this group. I am thinking about getting an MMr. It seems the difference between the LE and standard is the shaker, numbering, cabinet bottom, and discounted coloring?

My biggest concern is the cabinet bottom. Has anyone noticed the standard edition cabinet bottom being cheap? Is it even a big deal?

Looking for some feedback, as I think I may get one soon - not sure if I need the LE.

#2420 3 years ago

shaker is epic on the LE but I don't think you need it... The game is the same.

Neil.

#2421 3 years ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

So I have to ask this group. I am thinking about getting an MMr. It seems the difference between the LE and standard is the shaker, numbering, cabinet bottom, and discounted coloring?
My biggest concern is the cabinet bottom. Has anyone noticed the standard edition cabinet bottom being cheap? Is it even a big deal?
Looking for some feedback, as I think I may get one soon - not sure if I need the LE.

Cabinet bottoms are the same in LE and Standard. This was not the original plan, but unless someone corrects me otherwise, all standards have the same plywood bottom.

#2422 3 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Cabinet bottoms are the same in LE and Standard. This was not the original plan, but unless someone corrects me otherwise, all standards have the same plywood bottom.

Confirmed by pinsider Mike_M in MMr unboxing thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-unboxings/page/83#post-3392891

Picture:
https://i1.pinside.com/b/a0/ba0e83029acd94ac6173271604786b7270f48da8/resized/740/ba0e83029acd94ac6173271604786b7270f48da8.jpeg.jpg

That be plywood

#2423 3 years ago

I confirm my confirmation. Standard Plywood; quite nice. Already has holes and T-Nuts for shaker motor as well.

#2424 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

And ... Everything went fine.

Well...seems like maybe things didn't go 100% perfect. I did hear the knocker fire when loading the firmware ... little did I know the game locked on the knocker and blew F4. There was a post in the MMr owners forum that mentioned this but of course I found out after the fact.

BTW PPS ... you really should have included this tidbit of information in the installation guide, and now owe me one 4A fuse.

Post from 2 months ago:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/15#post-3276075

Edit: I opened a ticket with Chicago Gaming to make them aware of the problem and to request a replacement fuse ... wish me luck.

#2425 3 years ago

Installed my color yesterday, it's pretty cool but not like you can't live without it.

I'd say it's worth the $199 but not a dollar more imo.

#2426 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Well...seems like maybe things didn't go 100% perfect. I did hear the knocker fire when loading the firmware ... little did I know the game locked on the knocker and blew F4. There was a post in the MMr owners forum that mentioned this but of course I found out after the fact.
BTW PPS ... you really should have included this tidbit of information in the installation guide, and now owe me one 4A fuse.
Post from 2 months ago:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/15#post-3276075
Edit: I opened a ticket with Chicago Gaming to make them aware of the problem and to request a replacement fuse ... wish me luck.

FWIW, I did not have the knocker fire on my upgrade.

#2427 3 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

FWIW, I did not have the knocker fire on my upgrade

PIC version 1.0?

#2428 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Well, it's been 3 days since I opened a ticket with CGC and I have to admit I'm disappointed that other than the automated reply e-mail stating "A support representative will be reviewing your request and will send you a personal response.(usually within 24 hours)." I haven't heard anything from them.

This really should be straight forward for CGC to acknowledgement of a potential problem with a small number of early deployment games and an apology for my inconvenience.

#2429 3 years ago

I heard right back, I would go back in to the ticket desk and see if it went thru I had a problem once before.

#2430 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

PIC version 1.0?

I'd have to look. My game is early, in the 200s

#2431 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Post from 2 months ago:

You made a warranty request to replace a fuse???

#2432 3 years ago
Quoted from dkazz1:

You made a warranty request to replace a fuse???

Not exactly, most people would just replace the fuse and move on; and it's unknown how many people have already done this. However, after seeing that there was a couple of people who also experienced the exact same scenario while installing v2.0.1 software, and seeing an acknowledgment in the forum by PPS Tech support that shouldn't have occurred...wouldn't you agree that maybe someone should open a ticket and say "hey do you know there is an issue here?"

I feel that perhaps PPS should have taken the time to include a simple note in the installation guide that mentioned this could happen since they already knew it occurred on more than one occasion; if they had mentioned it, I could have disconnect J2 from the controller board during the installation and wouldn't have had any problem at all.

The short answer to your question is: No, I didn't open a warranty request to replace a fuse. I opened a ticket to request a replacement part that was damaged due to the negligence of PPS to include the above mentioned information.

Thanks for reminding me to follow up on this, it's been 7 days now and I haven't heard from them.

#2433 3 years ago

'them' is Chicago Gaming ... 'they' are responsible for any MMR product issues, warranty support, manual errors, etc.

#2434 3 years ago

'pps' is responsible for the cash grab.

#2435 3 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

'them' is Chicago Gaming ... 'they' are responsible for any MMR product issues, warranty support, manual errors, etc.

As easy as it it is to say, there could be a catch to that statement...If it can be proven that a merchant (PPS) is selling a product that is known to cause damage when used (even on rare occasions), AND decides to not disclose this information to the consumer (me), they (PPS) could possibly be held libel for damages resulting from the use of that product.

I can only assume that the lack of any answer to my trouble ticket with Chicago Gaming is that no one wants to admit that there is a problem since they would not only be libel for the cost of the fuse, but would also be libel for the full cost of any and all repairs for all effected parties.

Disclosure...I am not an attorney

#2436 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I can only assume that the lack of any answer to my trouble ticket with Chicago Gaming

PM me the number please. Maybe it was alerted to the wrong department ?

LTG : )

#2438 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

As easy as it it is to say, there could be a catch to that statement...If it can be proven that a merchant (PPS) is selling a product that is known to cause damage when used (even on rare occasions), AND decides to not disclose this information to the consumer (me), they (PPS) could possibly be held libel for damages resulting from the use of that product.
I can only assume that the lack of any answer to my trouble ticket with Chicago Gaming is that no one wants to admit that there is a problem since they would not only be libel for the cost of the fuse, but would also be libel for the full cost of any and all repairs for all effected parties.
Disclosure...I am not an attorney

No damage was done; fuses are meant to protect circuits and blow so that other components don't get damaged. It's a replaceable part and that's part of the design of what makes fuses such a great part of electronics design.

There is also no correlation between the update and the fuse blowing. I would be more inclined to believe that reboots and power cycles put stresses on fuses—correlation does not equate causation.

Marc

#2439 3 years ago

oh no... It's FUSE-gate!

#2440 3 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

There is also no correlation between the update and the fuse blowing. I would be more inclined to believe that reboots and power cycles put stresses on fuses—correlation does not equate causation.

Actually there is a direct correlation to the blown fuse and the software update ... Immediately upon the controller starting the firmware update, the knocker in the game fired, this firing (assuming a hard lock on of the coil) should never have happened at all.

If I was the only one this happened to I would find it odd, if I was the 2nd one I would find it interesting. Being the third person I know of with the same action causing the same result, it is now impossible to write off as a fluke or coincidence. If I had a means to restore V1 firmware back onto the controller, I would do that and put my o'scope on the knocker enable signal to see whats really happening, but that's something CGC will need to look into.

#2441 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Actually there is a direct correlation to the blown fuse and the software update ... Immediately upon the controller starting the firmware update, the knocker in the game fired, this firing (assuming a hard lock on of the coil) should never have happened at all.
If I was the only one this happened to I would find it odd, if I was the 2nd one I would find it interesting. Being the third person I know of with the same action causing the same result, it is now impossible to write off as a fluke or coincidence. If I had a means to restore V1 firmware back onto the controller, I would do that and put my o'scope on the knocker enable signal to see whats really happening, but that's something CGC will need to look into.

It's just that the update bone isn't connected to the solenoid bone. You're doing an emc update on a small computer that's not running and pinball code at the time, so it's still a mystery.

For fun, I did 25 updates last night and never blew a fuse or heard the knocker. Thankfully it's just a fuse and no serious harm was done.

Marc

#2442 3 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

For fun, I did 25 updates last night and never blew a fuse or heard the knocker.

You party animal

#2443 3 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

You party animal

Was a rager for sure. The authorities may or may not have come by.

#2444 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

oh no... It's FUSE-gate!

FUSE-gate has ended...CGC finally responded to my trouble ticket (with the assistance of LTG) and they are sending me a new fuse. I was actually going to purchase one from Home Depot while I was there this last weekend but they only carry 1A, 2A, 3A, and 5A in that package, of course I need a 4A...story of my life.

#2445 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

FUSE-gate has ended...CGC finally responded to my trouble ticket (with the assistance of LTG) and they are sending me a new fuse. I was actually going to purchase one from Home Depot while I was there this last weekend but they only carry 1A, 2A, 3A, and 5A in that package, of course I need a 4A...story of my life.

might be a lot of MMR owners in your area of Des Moines

#2446 3 years ago

So, having played a few MMR , they play differently to original MM. Hard to describe but flippers feel more floaty and slings are less responsive.

Are there any adjustments in the settings to get the flippers/slings more B/W like?

Asking because I want AFMR but not if it can't be adjusted to play like an AFM.

#2447 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Are there any adjustments in the settings to get the flippers/slings more B/W like?

In CGC menu you can make the flippers stronger or weaker.

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

slings are less responsive.

Sounds like the slingshot leaf blades on the games you played could be adjusted for better response.

#2448 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

In CGC menu you can make the flippers stronger or weaker.

Sounds like the slingshot leaf blades on the games you played could be adjusted for better response.

Good to hear.

So, it is possible to get an MMR to play similar to an MM?

#2449 3 years ago

Every game plays different

#2450 3 years ago

Wondering if the flippers feel more floaty to you because they are actually very responsive being brand new. All of the original MM I have played were pretty beat up and the flippers were pretty weak etc... Maybe cause it has brand new flippers they are very responsive.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 2467 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 50.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside