(Topic ID: 136653)

MMr - Colorization Pricing and Availability...Finally!

By eharan

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,467 posts
  • 303 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by fosaisu
  • Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

556441-2 (resized).jpg
Medieval Madness Color (resized).jpg
Trolls color (resized).jpg
Damsels color (resized).jpg
Tall And Fat (resized).jpg
IMG_2328 (resized).JPG
PPS (resized).jpg
ptb (resized).jpg
Dale Carnegie Jr (resized).PNG
IMG_2327 (resized).JPG
20160820_110220 (resized).jpg
MMRLE-dmd-shift-1 (resized).jpg
dumb-and-dumber-to-sea-bass-sequel-fbpic_(resized).jpg
Phone_(resized).jpg
belushi-1_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg

There are 2,467 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 50.
#2351 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

ahhh... gotcha.
you don't like humor or sarcasm in community posts. i can get that. most people i spend days at work with have zero tolerance for humor. but, hopefully pinside isn't "work". maybe it has become that way. maybe people only want to read facts & opinions & nothing else ? maybe humor no longer has a place in the entertainment market or community?
btw... there's a lot of nuance within that post referencing actions over the past several years related to the buying experience for MMR/LE.

Hey don't feel bad my friend. "Big boy pants" can be hard to find.

The company themselves couldn't find any "big boy pants" available the ENTIRE time they continued to send out machines with the factory second PF's to their customers. They hid from this forum.

But then the PF issue was finally corrected and there was upgrade money to be made so they luckily "found a pair".

Of "big boy pants" that is (damn I DO like that saying though)

#2352 7 years ago

I've got my big boy pants on, now what?

ptb (resized).jpgptb (resized).jpg

#2353 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

@Labnip I am not sure how much of this can be attributed to what you consider sarcasm. Sarcasm can be trickier in written form than verbal form. That's why this guy was created:

Personally, I avoid sarcasm in forums. People who know me can attest to the fact that I am extremely sarcastic in person.

thought i put that on there & even made a custom one just related to that post

#2354 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I've got my big boy pants on, now what?

now you have to call Rick

#2355 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Hey don't feel bad my friend. "Big boy pants" can be hard to find.
The company themselves couldn't find any "big boy pants" available the ENTIRE time they continued to send out machines with the factory second PF's to their customers. They hid from this forum.
But then the PF issue was finally corrected and there was upgrade money to be made so they luckily "found a pair".
Of "big boy pants" that is (damn I DO like that saying though)

...and i'm on a diet.
putting big boy pants on is completely opposite of what i'm trying to do

#2356 7 years ago

any chance we can get back on topic?

#2357 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

you don't like humor or sarcasm in community posts.

I do like humor and sarcasm but some people get carried away or use it in a passive aggressive manner. Don't be one of those

#2358 7 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I do like humor and sarcasm but some people get carried away or use it in a passive aggressive manner. Don't be one of those

is it passive aggressive, or is it humor in an attempt to cope with 3? years of of this buying experience?
i can't really tell, but you look fairly new here, and maybe didn't go through the same journey?

could you share your guidelines on what is and is not acceptable for us?

#2359 7 years ago

Good Grief Guys! Go play some pinball

#2360 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Using this as an example, I really can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. Maybe in a conversation it would be obvious, but I also don't know anyone who would talk like this in person, sarcasm or not.

Over and out.

#2361 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Using this as an example, I really can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. Maybe in a conversation it would be obvious, but I also don't know anyone who would talk like this in person, sarcasm or not.
Over and out.

we could send advanced written posts to him for review/revision/approval prior to posting

#2362 7 years ago

PPS (resized).jpgPPS (resized).jpg

#2363 7 years ago

I literally cannot follow this thread due to all the ignored users! So funny. You guys need to take it easy. We get it. You don't like Rick. You don't like mmr. You don't like pps. Roger. But really, you are trolls. No doubt. Trolls. If you're good with that, keep it up. If that means anything negative to you, rethink your decision to invade every remake-based thread with your negativity.

#2364 7 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I literally cannot follow this thread due to all the ignored users! So funny. You guys need to take it easy. We get it. You don't like Rick. You don't like mmr. You don't like pps. Roger. But really, you are trolls. No doubt. Trolls. If you're good with that, keep it up. If that means anything negative to you, rethink your decision to invade every remake-based thread with your negativity.

Is a troll anything like a company which does not honor its warranty on an 8K pinball machine?

Should the defective play fields have been replaced or did the diffuser suffice?

#2365 7 years ago

Yep. Didn't see that

#2366 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Over and out.

I'm guessing he was being facetious.

#2367 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Is a troll anything like a company which does not honor its warranty on an 8K pinball machine?
Should the defective play fields have been replaced or did the diffuser suffice?

#2368 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I'm guessing he was being facetious.

Which beats fatuous any day.

#2369 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

is it passive aggressive, or is it humor in an attempt to cope with 3? years of of this buying experience?
i can't really tell, but you look fairly new here, and maybe didn't go through the same journey?

I agree, waiting three years after paying would suck. I'm curious why people do that...is there some advantage? I've been following MMR since it was announced but I saw no point in paying money in advance. Too many things can go wrong. I suppose that's the engineer in me. Anyway, I waited until they were shipping and ordered mine July 2015 and had it within a week. No major issues and support took care of a couple of minor issues without any hassle at all. The only thing missing was the color display and now I have that as well. I've modded it just the way I like and overall I am exceedingly satisfied

IMG_2328 (resized).JPGIMG_2328 (resized).JPG

#2370 7 years ago

Are those the pants of one PPS bigwig? And I do mean big...

#2371 7 years ago

I am the second owner of a MMR LE. Does anyone know if I'll be able to order the colorization update from the LE page? It looks like PPS wants to verify ownership against my name, but I'm not the original owner of the machine. Anyone any experience with this? Thanks.

#2372 7 years ago
Quoted from tu71586:

Does anyone know if I'll be able to order the colorization update from the LE page? It looks like PPS wants to verify ownership against my name, but I'm not the original owner of the machine.

You can order it for the standard price, not the LE price.

LTG : )

#2373 7 years ago

Two hundred extra bucks for the cause. Well done....

#2374 7 years ago
Quoted from tu71586:

I am the second owner of a MMR LE. Does anyone know if I'll be able to order the colorization update from the LE page? It looks like PPS wants to verify ownership against my name, but I'm not the original owner of the machine. Anyone any experience with this? Thanks.

Contact the original owner, have him order the LE upgrade and send it to you. Give him $20 for the effort and come out $180 ahead.

#2375 7 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I agree, waiting three years after paying would suck. I'm curious why people do that...is there some advantage? I've been following MMR since it was announced but I saw no point in paying money in advance. Too many things can go wrong. I suppose that's the engineer in me. Anyway, I waited until they were shipping and ordered mine July 2015 and had it within a week. No major issues and support took care of a couple of minor issues without any hassle at all. The only thing missing was the color display and now I have that as well. I've modded it just the way I like and overall I am exceedingly satisfied

well... there was this giant demand build up in the market. people were starting to build their own with old & new parts.
when pps announced it, it was a limited 1000 LE's that were to be built. so like, everyone pounced to get one (or more).
then (was it like the next day?) pps announced they would make an unlimited number of non-LE's. that was a bit of a stinger to a lot of folks, who like have limited things. but, in the end, not the end of the world.
can't remember off the top of my head, but think they said they'd be shipping within a year. would have to go back and confirm that.
so, knowing there were so few originals to have, folks just held on for the ride. then during the ride, "things" kept getting announced that changed the situation a bit (which many folks weren't too happy about, but stuck with it), and then it took longer to make them (which most folks have generally come to expect) so that wasn't like the end of the world again, just l-o-n-g. note: i think the woz buyers waited even longer. But woz was a completely original design (not existing design, not existing code & not existing game specific parts).

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2376 7 years ago

hey Rick,

this guy could use your help buying it >

Quoted from vega:

Thanks for the vidéo,
I m a happy MMR LE owner here in France and want to buy the high def color kit for it so I went on PPS webstore to order it at 199$ ( for MMR LE owners ) but when I Check out it tells me to write my states even if I say outside US, I have send 2 mails at PPS but no answer.
Does anybody overseas ordered it ?
Does anybody knows How to get it here in Europe with the spécial price for LE owners?

#2377 7 years ago

Thanks labnip for posting my question here, I was finally able to order the kit after à few Mail with Rick.
They charged me 70$ For the postage fees just for a little box Send to France. I order all my spare parts in US and never had so much postage. I hope that I won't have customs fees as well.

#2378 7 years ago

Look at my post #2313 it won't come in a little box. For some unknown reason (Rick refused to answer) they put it in a small plastic box then in an envelope and then a hugely oversized box.

#2379 7 years ago

Mine arrived with just the plastic box in a shipping envelope. No large box. International may require the larger box, though. YMMV.

#2380 7 years ago

Are new ones being shipped soon? I ordered mine 2 weeks ago and it still says "pending" under order status on my account.

#2381 7 years ago
Quoted from vega:

Thanks labnip for posting my question here, I was finally able to order the kit after à few Mail with Rick.
They charged me 70$ For the postage fees just for a little box Send to France. I order all my spare parts in US and never had so much postage. I hope that I won't have customs fees as well.

happy to help
customs seems almost random. not sure their method to inspect a mail item or not & then add an additional local fee to it.
i sent some free stuff to the good folks in EU making the minion pinball and they got hit with a nasty customs fee. It was a much bigger box than what PPS is using.

#2382 7 years ago
Quoted from tu71586:

I am the second owner of my MMRLE although I bought it NIB from the original owner. When the color update was announced I ordered it from Planetary. I received an email that said the warranty form wasn't ever filled out and I was asked to complete and return it before they shipped the color chip. I filled it out and returned it and my chip showed up a few days later.

I paid $199 for my chip.

QSS

#2383 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Contact the original owner, have him order the LE upgrade and send it to you. Give him $20 for the effort and come out $180 ahead.

The original owner of my MMRLE offered to get the chip for $199 and send it to me if I had any issues getting it at the lower price. In the end I got it for the $199 even though I was the second owner of the game.

QSS

#2384 7 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

The original owner of my MMRLE offered to get the chip for $199 and send it to me if I had any issues getting it at the lower price. In the end I got it for the $199 even though I was the second owner of the game.
QSS

After seeing your post, don't be surprised if Rick sends you an invoice for $200 balance due.

#2385 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

After seeing your post, don't be surprised if Rick sends you an invoice for $200 balance due.

Prompt payment is appreciated......

#2386 7 years ago

I recall Rick saying something about LE buyers getting some "extras" with their game, among the mentioned was free colorization. Am I the only one who feels cheated out of MMR colorization because of this? It's not about getting it for free I assure you. I'd buy it if it wasn't so expensive. The color does look great and I would like to have it, but $200? For ONE chip? Come on! I thought at the MOST it would have been $50 and even that I hated to spend on this, I feel bad for standard buyers because they will be paying twice that, with that said I am going to pass on this probing for the time being. For the money I personally feel it's better to invest in spare parts as well as things like new balls, dust covers, and spare rubbers.

#2387 7 years ago
Quoted from Gangplank:

I recall Rick saying something about LE buyers getting some "extras" with their game, among the mentioned was free colorization. Am I the only one who feels cheated out of MMR colorization because of this? It's not about getting it for free I assure you. I'd buy it if it wasn't so expensive. The color does look great and I would like to have it, but $200? For ONE chip? Come on! I thought at the MOST it would have been $50 and even that I hated to spend on this, I feel bad for standard buyers because they will be paying twice that, with that said I am going to pass on this probing for the time being. For the money I personally feel it's better to invest in spare parts as well as things like new balls, dust covers, and spare rubbers.

Buy it for $200 and sell it to a standard owner for $300. Win win.

#2388 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Maybe. I might have fallen through the cracks or it may be that I was the first registered owner (just like buying a ten year old car that was never registered) or it may have been that I'm just a damn fine person
Whatever the reason, I appreciate the game and the new colored chip. Sure there's some flaws in both but like I've said before, what in life is perfect. I'm enjoying the game and the color chip really compliments my other games that have a color display.

QSS

#2389 7 years ago
Quoted from Gangplank:

This has been done to death in this and other threads. Are you being facetious? Anyway, I bought one and it was well worth $200. Hands down.

#2390 7 years ago

If you guys need some big boy pants, I know a guy...

Tall And Fat (resized).jpgTall And Fat (resized).jpg

#2391 7 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

This has been done to death in this and other threads. Are you being facetious? Anyway, I bought one and it was well worth $200. Hands down.

I suppose it has been done "to death in this and other threads", on the basis that I commented my opinions and moved on as one would do in any other community forum that is, to be clear I wasn't joking in my comment in the slightest, I was being dead serious.

I have nothing bad to say about the colorization itself, it looks great. I want the perk, but to me it just doesn't justify an additional $200 pounding, chances are I'll eventually give in, but for the time being I'd rather wait on it and acquire some spare boards and other parts to keep my game going should anything fail in the future. That's just me.

#2392 7 years ago
Quoted from Gangplank:

I suppose it has been done "to death in this and other threads", on the basis that I commented my opinions and moved on as one would do in any other community forum that is, to be clear I wasn't joking in my comment in the slightest, I was being dead serious.
I have nothing bad to say about the colorization itself, it looks great. I want the perk, but to me it just doesn't justify an additional $200 pounding, chances are I'll eventually give in, but for the time being I'd rather wait on it and acquire some spare boards and other parts to keep my game going should anything fail in the future. That's just me.

Fair enough. I misread you. I thought you were provoking the trolls.

For me, another $200 after $8000 is less than I paid in sales tax for a literal game changer. But I respect your opinion too.

#2393 7 years ago
Quoted from PinJump:

International may require the larger box, though.

no it doesnt. (not to australia anway)

small items, in smaller packages, can be sent priority, first class or whatever. you do have a 4lb limit on some options tho.
i doubt the chip would come close to 4lbs tho.

#2394 7 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

no it doesnt. (not to australia anway)
small items, in smaller packages, can be sent priority, first class or whatever. you do have a 4lb limit on some options tho.
i doubt the chip would come close to 4lbs tho.

heavy art

#2395 7 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Fair enough. I misread you. I thought you were provoking the trolls.
For me, another $200 after $8000 is less than I paid in sales tax for a literal game changer. But I respect your opinion too.

It's all good, I try not to cause trouble on forums for obvious reasons, but I do see how my comment could be misread.

I actually ended up ordering it 3 hours after posting (lol) once I watched Pinball Supernova's video on Youtube, I simply couldn't resist it after seeing more of it for myself! Sure they got me for another $200 but this should be the final expense of the pin as far as I can see. Besides, it's just so flippin' cool!!

#2396 7 years ago
Quoted from Gangplank:

It's all good, I try not to cause trouble on forums for obvious reasons, but I do see how my comment could be misread.
I actually ended up ordering it 3 hours after posting (lol) once I watched Pinball Supernova's video on Youtube, I simply couldn't resist it after seeing more of it for myself! Sure they got me for another $200 but this should be the final expense of the pin as far as I can see. Besides, it's just so flippin' cool!!

You'll love it. Even my kids (who I cannot seem to lure into a pinball addiction...) noticed how awesome the upgrade is. My daughter played mm for the first time in months!

1 week later
#2397 7 years ago

Well, I got my colorization yesterday, turns out it's actually much MUCH better in person, it's just so crisp, better then I could have imagined it to be! They did a great job picking colors for the game. It was well worth the money and I have absolutely no regrets, I am very pleased, with that said, as others have said some of the Merlin text is cut out in the color as well as a few other minor bugs, but that's all stuff that will probably be fixed! If you're on the fence about it, I say just go for it, you will not be disappointed and will be enjoying your MMR at it's maximum potential!

Here are a few pictures, though they are far FAR inferior to the true quality of the color upgrade in person.

Damsels color (resized).jpgDamsels color (resized).jpg

Trolls color (resized).jpgTrolls color (resized).jpg

Medieval Madness Color (resized).jpgMedieval Madness Color (resized).jpg

#2398 7 years ago

Heck yeah, I love mine I installed it on the showroom model for display and was thoroughly impressed. I ordered more for stock after that, because I figure people can't live without it after seeing it in person!

1 week later
#2399 7 years ago

finally broke down and ordered colorization today.

#2400 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

finally broke down and ordered colorization today.

Resistance is futile...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
There are 2,467 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 50.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-bad-news-on-colorization/page/48 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.