(Topic ID: 136653)

MMr - Colorization Pricing and Availability...Finally!

By eharan

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,467 posts
  • 303 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by fosaisu
  • Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

556441-2 (resized).jpg
Medieval Madness Color (resized).jpg
Trolls color (resized).jpg
Damsels color (resized).jpg
Tall And Fat (resized).jpg
IMG_2328 (resized).JPG
PPS (resized).jpg
ptb (resized).jpg
Dale Carnegie Jr (resized).PNG
IMG_2327 (resized).JPG
20160820_110220 (resized).jpg
MMRLE-dmd-shift-1 (resized).jpg
dumb-and-dumber-to-sea-bass-sequel-fbpic_(resized).jpg
Phone_(resized).jpg
belushi-1_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
There are 2,467 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 50.
#1051 7 years ago

A few pics of color from the PAGG thread.
Not the greatest pics but it's something.

Hopefully a good sign.

abd195ba9233fbd347923df09e0f9e57e965e113_(resized).jpgabd195ba9233fbd347923df09e0f9e57e965e113_(resized).jpg

2cc348497174fe9a89ea384cc292a0fb04ea6ab1_(resized).jpg2cc348497174fe9a89ea384cc292a0fb04ea6ab1_(resized).jpg

b81e52e47a939c31e100f32c93b631c68f6c7843_(resized).jpgb81e52e47a939c31e100f32c93b631c68f6c7843_(resized).jpg

#1052 7 years ago

And how was it while playing, did it look as awesome as you could expect based on the teaser video?

#1053 7 years ago

Game was display only you can see the professional looking sticky note in the first picture.

#1054 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

A few pics of color from the PAGG thread.
Not the greatest pics but it's something.
Hopefully a good sign.

Didnt know MMr used DCS . Thought they were using uncompressed sound?

#1055 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Didnt know MMr used DCS . Thought they were using uncompressed sound?

not sure if serious, but that screen is on the ROM. they are using the original game ROM.

#1056 7 years ago

I played one game on it at PAGG. It was on display because it was for sale but Don was nice enough to let me play a game on it. Looked freakin awesome. Takes a micro SD card and one of those chips at the bottom of the playfield needs to be swapped. I'm hoping for a release soon.

#1057 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

not sure if serious, but that screen is on the ROM. they are using the original game ROM.

Just thought they would have taken that out as they did with the Williams logo. Or is the Williams logo still in there?

#1058 7 years ago

Game looked great in person. Highly interested in the MMR colorization. Sidenote - Spoke with Rick and asked about the next remake title. Rick said the title was " done " and didn't want the mess that MMR turned into. Waiting until everything was ready which he said would be very soon. Picked up a few things from the PPS booth and enjoyed chatting with him.

#1059 7 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

Game looked great in person. Highly interested in the MMR colorization. Sidenote - Spoke with Rick and asked about the next remake title. Rick said the title was " done " and didn't want the mess that MMR turned into. Waiting until everything was ready which he said would be very soon. Picked up a few things from the PPS booth and enjoyed chatting with him.

AFM-r no doubt

#1060 7 years ago

I think AFMR will most likely be next but ? Im seeing BBB coming up for sale and prices are going down ? That would be crazy cool ? Or King Pin ? I think Rick will surprise the pinball world. Just a guess !

#1061 7 years ago

According to my distributor, it is definitely AFMR next.

#1062 7 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I think AFMR will most likely be next but ? Im seeing BBB coming up for sale and prices are going down ? That would be crazy cool ? Or King Pin ? I think Rick will surprise the pinball world. Just a guess !

He certainly surprised the last batch of owners - that's for sure.

#1063 7 years ago

If anyone buys AFM-r, just make a deal with Rick. For every month the game is late, subtract a $100 from the sale price. Pretty soon that $8k will be a sweet $6500.

#1064 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

If anyone buys AFM-r, just make a deal with Rick. For every month the game is late, subtract a $100 from the sale price. Pretty soon that $8k will be a sweet $6500.

What qualifying word will be included in the deal verbiage?

We "hope" to give $100 off for each week it is late?
We "would like" to give $100 off for each week it is late?

There has to be something so in the end the rug can be pulled out and we get the "we never promised . . ." posting. Assuming he posts again.

#1065 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Why buy it at all? Use your money on something available now and wait and buy an HUO AFMr down the road for cheaper... after all the bugs are worked out... no headaches dealing with PPS... so many good reasons to wait... but this is Pinside so I guess most of this won't make any sense for many.

#1066 7 years ago
Quoted from Pablito:

I played one game on it at PAGG. It was on display because it was for sale but Don was nice enough to let me play a game on it. Looked freakin awesome. Takes a micro SD card and one of those chips at the bottom of the playfield needs to be swapped. I'm hoping for a release soon.

Don also allowed a friend and I to play a game each. He confirmed that the new color software arrived just before the show. Didn't have any info on pricing or timing of release. We also asked Rick about when it would be released but he wasn't sure. It looked very cool with nice detail.

A short video:

#1067 7 years ago

Looks good. But then again, it also looked good 6-7 months ago when people were posting videos of it being play tested.

#1068 7 years ago

Yup, looks great. They need to start selling that upgrade immediately. I don't understand the hold up.

#1069 7 years ago

Wow! Looks incredible. That display is a game changer. No pun intended. It looks way, way better than even CDMD. Makes the r-version of these games the ones to get.

#1070 7 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Wow! Looks incredible. That display is a game changer. No pun intended. It looks way, way better than even CDMD. Makes the r-version of these games the ones to get.

ColorDMD was revolutionary. This is evolutionary. Higher-res is pretty cool, but the first step from mono to color was the true game changer IMHO.

#1071 7 years ago

Correct. The game has hardly been changed. This is more like adding 10 yards to kickoffs, or changing the challenge rules.

Also, can't help but mention the game, while being unchanged, is still unavailable. So you can't get into the game, you have no idea when tickets will be available, and you certainly don't know what they will cost.

#1072 7 years ago

That video is pure torture, I want it now!

#1073 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

ColorDMD was revolutionary. This is evolutionary. Higher-res is pretty cool, but the first step from mono to color was the true game changer IMHO.

I guess you could argue about whether it's a bigger deal to color in the old dots, or completely redo the animation in high-res color. Both are cool enhancements, but technically neither is a "game changer" (you don't play the display, right?) Regardless, when CGC/PPS get around to making it available, the new animation will be a nice option for people that bought into MMR.

#1074 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I guess you could argue about whether it's a bigger deal to color in the old dots, or completely redo the animation in high-res color. Both are cool enhancements, but technically neither is a "game changer" (you don't play the display, right?) Regardless, when CGC/PPS get around to making it available, the new animation will be a nice option for people that bought into MMR.

You are taking "game-changing" a little literally here.

And surprisingly you didn't have anything to say about it being called "revolutionary," when in fact no political leaders or kings are being overthrown.

#1075 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You are taking "game-changing" a little literally here.
And surprisingly you didn't have anything to say about it being called "revolutionary," when in fact no political leaders or kings are being overthrown.

What about the King of Payne?

#1076 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

What about the King of Payne?

That's not real life!!!!!!

#1077 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's not real life!!!!!!

Neither is Pinside

#1078 7 years ago

That looks fantastic!

#1079 7 years ago

There's nothing really technologically groundbreaking about it. LCDs have been around for years. I'm surprised it took someone this long to come up with the concept of redoing the animation

Am I the only one who thinks the daytime castle explosions look sort of weird? They'd look so much better against the black background/night

#1080 7 years ago

That video looks even more amazing than the teaser 6 months ago. I was amazed then that I little color LCD that you don't even look at much on a game of this price actually helped push my decision to buy an MMR-LE. I'm even more amazed that over six months later we still don't even know when it will be released or how much it will cost.

IMO the whole reason for the delay of the color and the bug fix updates is because CGC only want to release one update so everytime they are about to release it they find something else they want to fix so delay it again rather than letting us enjoy the bug fixes that have already been proved to work and improve the game.

#1081 7 years ago

I like Rat

#1082 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Both are cool enhancements, but technically neither is a "game changer"

I'm sure it will be at an enhanced price too.

#1083 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm sure it will be at an enhanced price too.

I hope not since you already bought the hardware. If they price this wrong it could be a huge shot in the foot. I'm sure they cut a deal for a certain amount to the artists. But now they need to resist the urge to leave no money on the table.

#1084 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I hope not since you already bought the hardware. If they price this wrong it could be a huge shot in the foot. I'm sure they cut a deal for a certain amount to the artists. But now they need to resist the urge to leave no money on the table.

They can charge $250-300 and will have plenty of takers. Very few will boycott. We can all feign outrage but at this point it's time to stop pretending people won't cough it up.

#1085 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

If they price this wrong it could be a huge shot in the foot.

I doubt it. As soon as somebody mentioned AFMr would be the next remake, it was all happy city around here again. People bitch, but they don't care. They'll just keep on buying!

#1086 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I doubt it. As soon as somebody mentioned AFMr would be the next remake, it was all happy city around here again. People bitch, but they don't care. They'll just keep on buying!

So true... bitch,bitch, bitch... SEND MONEY NOW!

26_(resized).png26_(resized).png

#1087 7 years ago

Mr. Personality: "We're not sorry for the quality products we sell".

#1088 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They can charge $250-300 and will have plenty of takers. Very few will boycott. We can all feign outrage but at this point it's time to stop pretending people won't cough it up.

At $50 they will sell 1000 or more of them. At $200 or more for something that was promised to be free, they will sell a handful and it will be quickly hacked by someone smarter then they are.

#1089 7 years ago

The op should change the title of this thread to MMr-Bad news.......and just leave it at that.

#1090 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Why buy it at all? Use your money on something available now and wait and buy an HUO AFMr down the road for cheaper... after all the bugs are worked out... no headaches dealing with PPS... so many good reasons to wait... but this is Pinside so I guess most of this won't make any sense for many.

I agree with you that buying the game later is the prudent thing to do. That being said, if everybody took the "wait and see" approach, the games would never have gotten made in the first place. Instead of constantly denigrating the people who pre-ordered, they should be applauded.

#1091 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I agree with you that buying the game later is the prudent thing to do. That being said, if everybody took the "wait and see" approach, the games would never have gotten made in the first place. Instead of constantly denigrating the people who pre-ordered, they should be applauded.

Honestly when it was announced I thought it was great!!!!!A no brainier if you could afford it.
I never bang on my fellow pinheads for liking or purchasing a title.Even if I don't like it.
All the criticism is for PPS,CGC,not for the folks that pre ordered.
Disappointing and unfortunately bad for pinball,because it makes the folks who make machines look dishonest and untrustworthy.I mean we're talking 8k here

#1092 7 years ago

Already mentioned this in another MMR thread. The guy with the colorized MMR at Pinagogo told me the upgrade will cost $400 for Standard owners and $200 for LE owners. He told me unoficially, so don't hold me to it.

#1093 7 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

The op should change the title of this thread to MMr-Bad news.......and just leave it at that.

It should be 'no news on colorization', it's amazing how badly CGC can handle this

#1094 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That being said, if everybody took the "wait and see" approach, the games would never have gotten made in the first place.

And now you have discovered TeeKee's motive for his comments. He is not saying this stuff in remake threads as a consumer advocate. If he cared that much about people saving money, and getting screwed for buying "new", he'd be sitting out front of a car dealership handing out pamphlets on new car depreciation. Theres a lot more $ lost there. He would love nothing more than to see remakes go 1 and done. To save all of us remake buyers all of that hard earned $$$ of course.

As an owner of MMR, with insert fade, I can say I'm extremely happy with the purchase overall. I wish the fade issue would have been handled better. But oh well, it is what it is. If they offered me all of my money back to return my machine, I wouldn't do it. Me, my family and friends love the game too much.

Now back to the topic. Give me my color code already!!! And just for TeeKee, I'm ready to SEND MONEY NOW!!!

#1095 7 years ago
Quoted from Pablito:

And just for TeeKee, I'm ready to SEND MONEY NOW!!!

I think my new one will be... "SEND MONEY NOW BECAUSE I'M AN IDIOT!"

#1096 7 years ago
Quoted from Pablito:

he'd be sitting out front of a car dealership handing out pamphlets on new car depreciation.

Quoted from teekee:

SEND MONEY NOW

usedc_stl_8_h_(resized).jpgusedc_stl_8_h_(resized).jpg

#1098 7 years ago

April 2nd or 3rd. On the PPS MMr forum.
Rick posted "Should have more info of the color release from CGC in......."

IMG_20160526_203649_(resized).jpgIMG_20160526_203649_(resized).jpg

#1099 7 years ago

Today not possible, tomorrow no problem *CGC mission statement & strategy*

#1100 7 years ago

I see Rick locked the thread where people were complaining about it on the PPS forum, instead of being sympathetic or apologetic he suggested people should "move on".

Well if I'm not happy with the price of the update I certainly will be moving on and I hope that others do also. I do want it and will have it eventually, but if it's overpriced I WILL resist on day one and see if in time the price goes down or an alternative method of obtaining it arises.

He left the ridiculous new Color Update thread by gaspumprob on PPS open though where Rob gushes about how wonderful the color looks in person and how he doesn't mind how long it takes and that it will be good value, although after I questioned him he really had no idea how much it would cost seems he is just happy to pay whatever it costs whenever it happens. Why would anyone post such on the PPS forum? MrPumpRob do you go into a used car lot and tell the salesman that price is of no concern to you?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 45.00
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.95
There are 2,467 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 50.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-bad-news-on-colorization/page/22?hl=surfajl77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.