MMr - Colorization Pricing and Availability...Finally!

(Topic ID: 136653)

MMr - Colorization Pricing and Availability...Finally!

By eharan

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,467 posts
  • 303 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by fosaisu
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 181 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

556441-2 (resized).jpg
Medieval Madness Color (resized).jpg
Trolls color (resized).jpg
Damsels color (resized).jpg
Tall And Fat (resized).jpg
IMG_2328 (resized).JPG
PPS (resized).jpg
ptb (resized).jpg
Dale Carnegie Jr (resized).PNG
IMG_2327 (resized).JPG
20160820_110220 (resized).jpg
MMRLE-dmd-shift-1 (resized).jpg
dumb-and-dumber-to-sea-bass-sequel-fbpic_(resized).jpg
Phone_(resized).jpg
belushi-1_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg

There are 2467 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 50.
#1 3 years ago

Just spoke with Chicago Gaming about an open ticket on my MMr related to the credit dot error for date and time. It is supposed to be fixed via a code update. He mentioned that a code update to fix that and a few other issues would be released in about a month.

I asked if we may be surprised with the color update in that code release. He said that won't be coming as a code update but would be released as a kit that would be sold. I then mentioned that we were told that it would be free for those that purchased the Limited Edition version. He then said that no one from Chicago Gaming ever said it would be free. I told him that Rick from PPS said it at many of the conventions and he stated that Rick was not in a position to make that claim. He said the kit should be released in October but did not mention a price.

This is very disappointing!

Update: After seeing the Preview of the MMr colorization, I can understand why they need to charge for it. I just hope that it is a reasonable cost (a fraction of a ColorDMD as there is no new hardware required)! Cant wait to see this released!

I am glad I made this post as it seems to have encouraged CGC to release the preview!

Ed

#2 3 years ago

ouch

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

He then said that no one from Chicago Gaming ever said it would be free. I told him that Rick from PPS said it at many of the conventions and he stated that Rick was not in a position to make that claim.

Rick basically misrepresented himself from the very beginning, no one even knew this was a Chicago Gaming project at all when it was announced. That only became clear when things started to go wrong, then suddenly they were revealed, so he could throw them under the bus.

From what I've heard people may dig what they announce though. So I'd hang tight, see what they show, and the price, before grabbing the torches.

#4 3 years ago

That is unfortunate but hey even the original MM's didn't come with a color dmd and was a paid mod afterwards. Would have been cool if it was free though at least as a gesture of good faith to those that bought the LE's.

#5 3 years ago

its all about how much money can be made surely...
i wonder how much the build cost in total is per machine.

#7 3 years ago

So maybe an option for high rez graphics that aren't just scaled from dots? What else would people dig?

#8 3 years ago

Isn't it just code? Can't imagine they would screw the LE buyers too bad and hurt future sales.

#9 3 years ago

The only promise I heard was from CG was that they were going to make a pin that looked and played exactly like the original MM. With that mandate they nailed it, to include "mods" in the remake would seem a bit odd unless stated at the outset. I just hope that CG's solution to color DMD is at least cheaper than the color DMD mod.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

From what I've heard people may dig what they announce though.

Does it have anything to do with someone else buying out Rick? I would really dig that!

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

That is unfortunate but hey even the original MM's didn't come with a color dmd and was a paid mod afterwards

Yeah, but Williams never stated "it comes with color DMD support" either. Fast forward 20 years, and somebody else did ...

Ouch indeed.

rd

#12 3 years ago

I too was told by Chicago Gaming that the color upgrade kit will most likely be announced at expo. It sounds like they went over and above what was expected with new animations. Apparently there are three programmers that are dedicated to the project. The software upgrade will be available to all MMR owners at a cost.

#13 3 years ago

In defense of Rick, I don't think he ever claimed it would be free. I think most of us assumed it would be included because the game was introduced with a color screen and it was mentioned at a future date that multi color animations on the screen would be supported. But I remember that they were going to "try" to include it at no cost but no promises. From my discussions with CGC, I've heard there has been a ton of time spent from a programmer on the color because of the way they have to color each animation. It is also going to have smaller dots that will lead to more crisp animations. With the vibrant colors on that start up screen, I think it's going to look bad ass. As for the cost, I definitely think they should hook us LE buyers up a bit with a discount or a minimal fee as a "Thank you" for sticking with this through all the delays.

#14 3 years ago

"Plus standard Shipping & Handling fees"

#15 3 years ago

The sad thing is, I'll probably be able to buy this new color hardware before I get my MMr.

#16 3 years ago

What is the true nature of the hold-up of the delivery of the games?

#17 3 years ago

Bad news is, I may request a refund at this point...

#18 3 years ago

Mr. Personality is a man of his word; Look for him to use personal funds if necessary to make good on any documented statements he made. Including the audio and video recordings of his presentations.

Maybe the color display upgrade will come with coin mechs as well.

#19 3 years ago

So glad I dropped my preorder on this. This news would have made me furious as it Was mentioned SEVERAL times that the LE owners WOULD get the colour upgrade for FREE. Now they are just left with a little plaque to let you know it's an "LE" sad, so sad.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from Pablito:

In defense of Rick, I don't think he ever claimed it would be free. I think most of us assumed it would be included because the game was introduced with a color screen and it was mentioned at a future date that multi color animations on the screen would be supported. But I remember that they were going to "try" to include it at no cost but no promises. From my discussions with CGC, I've heard there has been a ton of time spent from a programmer on the color because of the way they have to color each animation. It is also going to have smaller dots that will lead to more crisp animations. With the vibrant colors on that start up screen, I think it's going to look bad ass. As for the cost, I definitely think they should hook us LE buyers up a bit with a discount or a minimal fee as a "Thank you" for sticking with this through all the delays.

You're f'ing right he said it would be for free. He outright stated it! I'm too lazy to dig up the old threads but it is in there, several times actually.

#21 3 years ago

simpsons_torch_mob-e1297270050635.jpg

#22 3 years ago

I just want my MMR, this is not great news but at least the colorization is coming. I was afraid they'd say 'sorry, not going to happen'. That would have been very bad news

#23 3 years ago

"They took our wives!"
"They took our pinball machines!"
"They took our colorization!"

#24 3 years ago

At least it will be colorized. That's great news for everyone.

#25 3 years ago

but what about a coin mech?????

#26 3 years ago

Is the dew officially off the XXr train yet?

Buy an original. We know they work. No broken promises. No stupid issues. No pie in the sky.

Been enjoying my AFM 9 months and counting with spectacular color DMD...keep waiting on those AFMrs.....

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Maybe the color display upgrade will come with coin mechs as well.

Hopefully it will come with some of this as well

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

You're f'ing right he said it would be for free. He outright stated it! I'm too lazy to dig up the old threads but it is in there, several times actually.

I don't remember it being stated as free. I could be wrong though. That has happened once or twice in my life.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Hopefully it will come with some of this as well
pic.jpg

No they will not provide a whole tube. There will be a coupon for $1 off in the coin door

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from Pablito:

I don't remember it being stated as free. I could be wrong though. That has happened once or twice in my life.

It was worded as no additional charge or something like that, but pretty much meant free.

#31 3 years ago

Well then. Anyone got an extra pitchfork and torch?

#32 3 years ago

I'm so glad I didn't partake in the MMr bandwagon.
I was tempted if AFMr was a reality... and fairly reasonably Priced. But right now; I have zero faith in PPS/Rick/CGC given the way they have acted.

#33 3 years ago

Someone dig up one of Rick's "free" posts.

#34 3 years ago

I love my MMr - but if they charge for this update it will be a massive slap in the face to everyone who supported them, paid a premium for this game and waited through unreasonable delays.

Since they've "got me" already I will want it ...but it's the last dime they will ever see from me.

#35 3 years ago

#36 3 years ago

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Rarehero you can thumb me down all you want but it will not change my initial feeling about this refake.

This thread isn't about whether you like the game or not. You can discuss that in another thread. I've put hundreds of games on mine and it plays beautifully. I disagree with your impression & think you're just trolling, as you usually do in MMr related threads.

#38 3 years ago

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm sure it does, I'm sure it does. But the originals I played played better.

Make a new thread about it. Off topic.

#40 3 years ago

Off topic post

#41 3 years ago

#42 3 years ago

I have to agree here and I had every intention to replace my older version with the new. I'm very glad everyone gets t play a version of the game don't get me wrong, but I simply have to agree with o-din.

#43 3 years ago

That's funny CF

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Like Uranus?

I wish I was an astronaut so I could explore Uranis, O-din.

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I wish I was an astronaut so I could explore Uranis, O-din.

Ohhhhh I could have fun with that one.

But ... I ... must ...refrain ...

rd

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Ohhhhh I could have fun with that one.
But ... I ... must ...refrain ...
rd

#47 3 years ago

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Someone dig up one of Rick's "free" posts.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013?tu=pps#post-1557003

Post #3156

"As we have said MANY MANY times, the colorized DMD is a software upgrade. At this time it will be an free LE upgrade to the software - likely no charge for LE owners, but we don't have the full cost yet, but that is the goal. So YES, the colorized DMD will be going into the game, probably the biggest question we internally have is exactly when - may be sooner or may be later, but will be done.

rick"

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

At this time it will be an free LE upgrade to the software - likely no charge for LE owners, but we don't have the full cost yet, but that is the goal.

Thanks for the quote; Love it.
"likely" and "this is the goal" kind of contradicts "it will be an free LE upgrade".

#50 3 years ago

SEND MONEY NOW!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.00
€ 197.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Everett, PA
$ 2,000.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 9.10
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 8.10
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
Boards
PinSound
7,200 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Monmouth, ME
$ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 11.95
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 229.99
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2467 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 50.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside