tilt-1.jpg
th-720.jpeg
lets-dance.jpg
DSC_5483.JPG
DSC_5481.JPG
DSC_5480.JPG
DSC_5478.JPG
DSC_5484.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider viper001.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Can we get more reviews on game play and general feedback on MMR, would love to hear more about it.

I will post some stuff after I get to play more than just the example with the black trim. They all seem to be programmed differently (the one with black trim is doing the incandescent fade thing but the one next to it is doing the regular LED thing, etc). Nobody has access to the games until the hall opens back up at 1PM local time today.

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

What I don't understand is how their adjustments interact with the EOS switch, which is supposed to control power coil timing in the first place. Next time I'm down there I will ask them if they can set one up steep so we can try it out, just in case the levelers were just a setup error.

What would be interesting is asking them to disable the EOS on one side or the other on one of the 3 games. Then that flipper would be in full time compensation mode and we could compare it with the other side.

Everyone keeps talking about the leg leveler issue. The games were nicely level side to side, both front and back. I would say they pitched the playfield where they wanted it to be for the show.

#160 9 years ago

I was able to put in a couple of games on the black trim example, and one good game on the gold trim example. More importantly the nice gentleman that was involved in the game design gave us a tour of the underside of the playfield on the gold one. I can attest that Chicago Coin is passionate about making this game for everyone, you could tell by how excited this fella was about describing some of the engineering that went into it (sorry, I didn't get this person's name but he was very friendly, older gentleman with a pony tail).

I noticed screen tearing issue that others have pointed out, but as a whole I have to admit I had fun playing the game with my friends that were there with me. Was the game so nice/perfect/superior to my original that I feel the need to trade mine for one of these? No. But overall I think folks will be satisfied with their purchase. I will say that I believe a freshly shopped original WPC-95 game has snappier flippers than these two examples, but I also will admit I was able to make both ramp shots many times over on MMr.

Artwork I prefer an original over these (except for the playfield artwork which looked great on these new ones). Part of that is I am a fan of original silkscreen cabinets over decals. And also I can't really describe technically what I didn't like about the translight except to say it didn't look to me as vivid or sharp as an original. That could be an LED backlighting issue which I just am not a fan of on any game.

I also noticed one thing I didn't see anyone mention. While playing the black trim example I noticed that when you hit the flipper button to change the lit lanes there was a noticeable delay before the blinking light would react. That game was doing the incandescent fade setting thing, maybe it is related to that? In any event as much of a fan of incandescent bulbs as I am, if that happens all the time on that setting I would (personally) turn off that feature to avoid that issue if I owned one of these games.

Noticeable improvements were the sound quality on these new machines, in particular the shaker motor integration. Color me jealous in that area for sure. I also thought the finish details on the cabinets themselves was very nice, especially the black painted areas around where the translight mounts into the backbox.

All indications at the show were that these games would start to be built next month. I hope everyone that has one on order is happy with their purchase.

#195 9 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

Does anyone think it's possible that we will be able to change the color of the LEDs under the inserts?
That would be perfect.

The possibility will be in direct relationship to your ability to solder surface mount components. And remember there are 3 you will need to do for each insert.

I honestly would think the answer is "no" but I've learned to never underestimate the determined pinball collector with either money or time to burn.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 64.99
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider viper001.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-at-expo?tu=viper001 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.