tilt-1.jpg
th-720.jpeg
lets-dance.jpg
DSC_5483.JPG
DSC_5481.JPG
DSC_5480.JPG
DSC_5478.JPG
DSC_5484.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skypilot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#174 9 years ago

I was fortunate enough to get in on closed time and play. As I began I noticed and made the coment to the gents setting up that it felt more like a stern than a Williams in the flipper feel. They opened the door got into the adjustments and turned up the flipper strength. It made a big difference. I have never owned a MM but own plenty of B/W title and was satisfied with the feel after this. I can say that I was quite disappointed that PPS pulled the games out early. When the hall reopened at 11 pm they were gone. JJP and Stern stuck it out.

#186 9 years ago

There was concern that there would be power issues .Not on the machines on the supply cords, I witnessed this conversation .
I would also tend to believe that anyone bringing their new product into this type of environment would use caution . These pins were fresh off the stern line, not prototypes, played continuously and they preformed well as far as I could tell. If you were the captain would you run your new ship at warp speed for 3-4 continuous days(sorry for the nerd analogy)

#187 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

The thing is this should not be necessary to even be adjustable.

Again ,my assumption, Although these pins replicate past machines but they are using modern products .I am not saying this to slam anyone but lets be realistic ,what product that we use today is as robust as that of yesteryear. Voltage usage, requirements and ability's are totally different today.
Go pick up an alternator in a 2014 Cadillac and one from a Cadillac from 1986 Ill throw money on which one you can hold up longer.

#190 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

i'm sorry, no. I owned an '85 Eldorado and it was full of total garbage components. i replaced the alternator, starter motor, radiator, the vacuum system never worked right, the engine was under lubricated and underpowered. the engine blew up while it was still under warranty, and the replacement engine blew up later on too (and it's not like i was driving like a banshee - the thing did 0 to 60 in about 14 seconds, despite being a V8). GM could not engineer its way out of a paper bag in those days. i'd take any arbitrary 2014 Cadillac part over any mid-80s part 100 times out of 100.
the 4.5 and 4.9 engines were pretty good, though, and the original northstar was absurdly powerful for front wheel drive. but the 80s were dark, dark days for american auto engineering.

Wow, do you take thing literally That was a broad example. Substitute Maytag washer in place of Cadillac .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.99
$ 9.95
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skypilot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-at-expo?tu=skypilot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.