tilt-1.jpg
th-720.jpeg
lets-dance.jpg
DSC_5483.JPG
DSC_5481.JPG
DSC_5480.JPG
DSC_5478.JPG
DSC_5484.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 9 years ago

The black MMr has the inlanes wired backwards, and the left switch is flakey as well. Mechanical issues, nothing about the new platform. Agree on the flat-ness, they play a bit slow. I hope they make one of the games steep and turn up the flipper strength. The power here seems fine, all the games are playing great.

Couple other minor bugs on all three games: the duke of bourbon insert flashes without any incandescent emulation, and the DMD animations occasionally 'tear' .. usually ones ones involving flashes or lots of animation. The cabs and playfield do look nice, colors are nice and vibrant. Castle boom and such seems fine.

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Damn people. Chill out.
Lower the front legs and turn the coil power up. Problem solved. You guys make every small thing sound like the Apocalypse.

You can't just "turn the coil power up." Not unless they've invented some cool new variable DC power supply. The adjustments allow them to vary the amount of time the main power coil is energized, which makes the flipper stronger (longer time) or weaker (shorter time). However, longer full-power timing means more heat is being generated, both on the coils and on the board transistors, and too much heat will cause the coil to be weak as well.

What I don't understand is how their adjustments interact with the EOS switch, which is supposed to control power coil timing in the first place. Next time I'm down there I will ask them if they can set one up steep so we can try it out, just in case the levelers were just a setup error.

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

What would be interesting is asking them to disable the EOS on one side or the other on one of the 3 games. Then that flipper would be in full time compensation mode and we could compare it with the other side.

Hopefully compensates better than LOTR. A while ago I noticed my left flipper on that game would start off way too strong and quickly turn ultra soggy... I thought it was binding but turned out the EOS switchblade was snapped off. The game was basically unplayable; after 10 min of play the left side got super hot and could barely make the Aragorn ramp. Replaced the EOS and it's fine now. I don't know if demoing a game with disabled EOS switches is feasible, at least not a Whitestar game!

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

OMG! The DMD is only 95% perfect and all but one flasher works! OMG I can't believe anyone would pre order a game that had been setup pitched wrong!!

Quick, cancel your orders!

The DMD issues are software and can be fixed - colorDMD has already solved that issue on their systems. The Duke insert is also a simple software bug that can be fixed.

The flippers and leveling is another issue. Let us try a steep game please

#107 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

They adjusted the levelers after I played. Guy said he needed to because of a bunch of complaining. I set high score #2 on the middle gold one. Thoughts: plays normally save for it floating because of pitch. Gold isn't bad, black is not as shiny as what pinball refinery puts out. Pops seemed sluggish, not snappy. Noticeable video tearing frequently. Other than that, looks like an mm.

That's cool, I'll give the steep one a shot.

Got 40M on the black one; plays nice, was just missing lots of shots due to the different pitch. My own MM is about 7-7.5 deg, these feel like they're around 5.5-6 degrees. They fixed the inlanes, it was actually the lights that were backwards.

#136 9 years ago

Just got done playing the black MMr after they made it steeper, and am happy to report it plays just like an original MM now. No issues with shots making the ramps, and gameplay behaved exactly as expected. I think folks will be happy with these machines. Thanks go to CGC for listening to feedback and adjusting the game setup for us picky bastards

And yes, the castle bulbs are 555 and can be changed.

1 week later
#209 9 years ago

Would you sell your HUO MM for 8K? Or would it take 20K to get it? Hence the remakes

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-at-expo?tu=metallik and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.