Topic Stats

• 218 posts
  • 78 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Erik
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

barry-1.jpg
Spared No Expense.jpg
th-1-472.jpeg
beguiled1.jpg
tilt-1.jpg
th-720.jpeg
lets-dance.jpg
DSC_5483.JPG
DSC_5481.JPG
DSC_5480.JPG
DSC_5478.JPG
DSC_5484.JPG

There are 218 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 4 years ago

I'm sure MMr will be a fine game. I'm hoping the platform will be a success so we see future remakes. But no matter how you spin it, an MMr is not an MM. It will have better sound, but that's it.

I'm very glad that many who want the gameplay of a MM in their home will be able to have it at (what was a year ago) a reasonable price.

My original plan was to sell my MM and get an MMr. But there are enough subtle changes so that MMr is not going to be the replica many were hoping for, though for many it will be "good enough".

I think we are going to see a renewed interest in originals (at more reasonable prices). I now see more value in having an original than I did a year ago.

#202 4 years ago

i don't understand all the Thumbs-down going on related to MMR.

am I missing something?

#203 4 years ago

Don't really understand the thumbs down on my last post.

#204 4 years ago

All this complaining about how mmr is different and somehow inferior to the original.

What if the game Medieval Madness (in its current pps form) had been released for the first time at expo this year. Not as a remake, but the first time it had been released.

As a game I think it would have been up there with TBL, WOOLY etc, if not better. And no one would have been complaining about the controller/led system/translite etc. because that's exactly how all the other titles are being produced as well.

#205 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Someone doesn't agree with you. Get over it.

#206 4 years ago

Dude it's going to be the opposite and I mean big time . Many folks played the old MMs vs MMr and it was. Lear that the new ones were nicer at expo.
Again my friend has a very nice original and as he played all he talked about was moving it before these hit.
If I wanted any mm version I would still be in on MMR over buying his really nice origial. Now to go chase my Wooly...

#207 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Dude it's going to be the opposite and I mean big time . Many folks played the old MMs vs MMr and it was clear that the new ones were nicer at expo.
Again my friend has a very nice original and as he played all he talked about was moving it before these hit.
If I wanted any mm version I would still be in on MMR over buying his really nice original

New is nice for sure. But I'm fortunate to have an MM I bought NIB that still looks like it came out of the box and has <2000 plays. Only mod is ColorDMD.

Other than the improved sound, I don't see how MMr would offer me a nicer game. Obviously I might feel differently if my MM had a different history.

In my position, I suspect most collectors would prefer my MM over a new MMR. Most players probably would pick MMr.

#208 4 years ago

Don't forget the shaker motor

#209 4 years ago

Would you sell your HUO MM for 8K? Or would it take 20K to get it? Hence the remakes

#210 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Your supposed to say that MMr is better than MM in every way. You didn't do that. Thus the thumbs down.

#211 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There is no "Pro", that's a Stern concept of games with less features. LE buyers get choice of color trim, a shaker, and a thicker cabinet that's fully painted. What else could be added to "really make a difference"?

Don't expect it to happen from the start, but having the work complete for a full color DMD would be a great surprise for LE buyers. Some new Stern MMR mods thrown in for the hell of it would also be nice

#212 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

In my position, I suspect most collectors would prefer my MM over a new MMR. Most players probably would pick MMr.

Bingo and what we will see in the next year is a clear seperation.

#213 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i don't understand all the Thumbs-down going on related to MMR.
am I missing something?

MMr is the new WoZ. The OP has a legit question, a bunch of posts happen, Rick shows up and posts something tangentially related to the OP's question, a bunch more posts happen, thumbs are vigorously distributed, and the OP is left to wonder. Happens again and again, just like with WoZ.

#214 4 years ago

ahhh

#215 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

"Wah wah wah I have a MM that I bought NIB but barely play and I was also going to buy a MMr, but I like my original MM better and Rick is mean to me wah wah wah wah wah!"

Poor little you. That's why.

#216 4 years ago

barry-1.jpg

#217 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

MMr is the new WoZ. The OP has a legit question, a bunch of posts happen, Rick shows up and posts something tangentially related to the OP's question, a bunch more posts happen, thumbs are vigorously distributed, and the OP is left to wonder. Happens again and again, just like with WoZ.

A reasonable observation, but I can't help but point out that the OP didn't have a question, he was posting a play report for MMr at Expo.

#218 4 years ago

Hmm you are correct! I thought I was in the MMr refund thread. With the proper quantity of libations they all run together.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 218 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside