tilt-1.jpg
th-720.jpeg
lets-dance.jpg
DSC_5483.JPG
DSC_5481.JPG
DSC_5480.JPG
DSC_5478.JPG
DSC_5484.JPG
There are 218 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 9 years ago

PPS has a black gold and stainless MMr at expo. it looks to be playing well but at least the black one is not scoring the skill shot correctly. Also all three seem to be flipping strong BUT the back levelers are down almost fully and the fronts are all the way up, the games are set very shallow. They do look good though.

#2 9 years ago

Pics and video would be great.

#3 9 years ago

The black MMr has the inlanes wired backwards, and the left switch is flakey as well. Mechanical issues, nothing about the new platform. Agree on the flat-ness, they play a bit slow. I hope they make one of the games steep and turn up the flipper strength. The power here seems fine, all the games are playing great.

Couple other minor bugs on all three games: the duke of bourbon insert flashes without any incandescent emulation, and the DMD animations occasionally 'tear' .. usually ones ones involving flashes or lots of animation. The cabs and playfield do look nice, colors are nice and vibrant. Castle boom and such seems fine.

#4 9 years ago

I think this is a super dissapointment. At this point and with months to get a perfect running prototype they show a game with lots of flaws. This should be set up fast and with very fee buga. Answer me this Rick what will change before it goes into production?

Was just getting ready to sell a game and order a le but now i am losing interest. Was in on day one and got out for space and quality concerns and it seems some of my worries were warranted.

#5 9 years ago

And this is surprising? This is just some of the joys of pre buying. Why so many continue to fork over thousands of dollars years in advance just to go through the same headaches with delays, bugs, etc…

EIGHT THOUSAND DOLLARS…

And for what? A pin that's been around 20 years? A pin that we've all played and seen before over and over? A pin that is losing valuing before shipping has even started.

The excitement of this one will be gone before the third play and then it will be time to move it out to make room for… the next remake?

If you're going to be so gullible at least support the new stuff that will keep the hobby moving in the right direction... for a while... hopefully!

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

And this is surprising? This is just some of the joys of pre buying. Why so many continue to fork over thousands of dollars years in advance just to go through the same headaches with delays, bugs, etc…
EIGHT THOUSAND DOLLARS…
And for what? A pin that's been around 20 years? A pin that we've all played and seen before over and over? A pin that is losing valuing before shipping has even started.
The excitement of this one will be gone before the third play and then it will be time to move it out to make room for… the next remake?
If you're going to be so gullible at least support the new stuff that will keep the hobby moving in the right direction.

So your saying your onboard and preordered.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

EIGHT THOUSAND DOLLARS…
If you're going to be so gullible at least support the new stuff that will keep the hobby moving in the right direction.

Teekee, you are starting to make sense! Please stop and go back to trolling

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

So your saying your onboard and preordered.

The only way I would ever preorder would be if something came down the pike that actually interested me and was actually limited... limited as in less than 300 or maybe 400. Anything else is a wait and see and let someone else deal with the headaches and the instant cash loss.

Quoted from Syco54645:

Teekee, you are starting to make sense! Please stop and go back to trolling

I've always made sense it just takes some of you a little longer to get it!

#9 9 years ago

Hey Teek, I know of BIB for $9000 you should snag...

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Hey Teek, I know of BIB for $9000 you should snag...

It may be a great deal for someone... not for me. I'm waiting for the remake or rerun or rehash or whatever they decide to scam us with.

#11 9 years ago

Holy guacamole teekee. It's one guy with one report with issues that could easily be fixed. Take a Xanax or something.

Quoted from teekee:

EIGHT THOUSAND DOLLARS…
If you're going to be so gullible at least support the new stuff that will keep the hobby moving in the right direction... for a while... hopefully!

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Holy guacamole teekee. It's one guy with one report with issues that could easily be fixed. Take a Xanax or something.

I'm talking about pre-orders in general not just MMr. Its something that we go through with every pre-order. Whats the point of pre-ordering when there is a ton being made... they never run out these days. The old waiting list hype got ya... and yet there's word that several hundred MMrLE's still unsold?

#13 9 years ago

Sigh....I get some peoples concerns, I really do. But can I not just be excited to get my MMRLE? Why do people have to try and bring excited buyers down? Do they feel better about themselves?
All I know: is 8k high - Yes! But it was cheaper than my alternative on the used market; especially for one that is going to be in CQ. Has PPS been ideal in their handling of issues in the past? Not really....but maybe they are learning as well (I will give them the benefit of the doubt).
Mechanical issues - meh, easily solved. Time delays - frustrating but I'll live. Pre-ordering may be crazy, but some of us seem to like it!
Just let me be excited for my game!!

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Sigh....I get some peoples concerns, I really do. But can I not just be excited to get my MMRLE? Why do people have to try and bring excited buyers down? Do they feel better about themselves?
All I know: is 8k high - Yes! But it was cheaper than my alternative on the used market; especially for one that is going to be in CQ. Has PPS been ideal in their handling of issues in the past? Not really....but maybe they are learning as well (I will give them the benefit of the doubt).
Mechanical issues - meh, easily solved. Time delays - frustrating but I'll live. Pre-ordering may be crazy, but some of us seem to like it!

Nice response and I totally agree. If that's the way you feel that is great... my point is MOSTLY directed at the same old complaints and concerns we see all the time with preordering. If those don't concern you then get excited by all means! Let's Dance!

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Trust me, you are the majority. MMr looks like a great product and I look forward to owning an HUO one some day.

Don't let the speculators get you down. They can join the oil speculators and drown in their sorrows.

I look forward to other remakes hitting the market.

#16 9 years ago

Pre-order, don't pre-order, what's it to you? Why do you care? If people want to fund projects, let them. You can wait, then either buy it HUO pretty easily if it's limited or just buy it when it comes out.

I don't see what the big deal is.

Quoted from teekee:

I'm talking about pre-orders in general not just MMr. Its something that we go through with every pre-order. Whats the point of pre-ordering when there is a ton being made... they never run out these days. The old waiting list hype got ya... and yet there's word that several hundred MMrLE's still unsold?

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

I think this is a super dissapointment. At this point and with months to get a perfect running prototype they show a game with lots of flaws. This should be set up fast and with very fee buga. Answer me this Rick what will change before it goes into production?
Was just getting ready to sell a game and order a le but now i am losing interest. Was in on day one and got out for space and quality concerns and it seems some of my worries were warranted.

honestly sounds like a couple very minor mechanical and software issues to me. nothing to worry about. from what I hear, no new game has ever been perfect out of the box.

(edit: quoted the wrong post)

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Pre-order, don't pre-order, what's it to you? Why do you care? If people want to fund projects, let them. You can wait, then either buy it HUO pretty easily if it's limited or just buy it when it comes out.
I don't see what the big deal is.

Let's Dance...

#19 9 years ago

The best case scenario is that whatever wrong can be fixed with an SD card update. As long as the hardware is good, I think we're all good.

There isn't a single thing that has been listed that can't either be fixed with a software update, or the technical ability that stops at replacing a pinball switch.

To me, this is VERY good news.

The game won't be perfect, I never expected it to be. I won't have the same answer 6 months after delivery though.

Quoted from pezpunk:

from what I hear, no new game has ever been perfect out of the box.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

honestly sounds like a couple very minor mechanical and software issues to me. nothing to worry about. from what I hear, no new game has ever been perfect out of the box.
(edit: quoted the wrong post)

I understand and hope this is just a glitch but this puppy is on Sterns line now. So I don't get this showing and a complaint of being set up flat and with some switch issues that were not play tested beforehand.

#21 9 years ago

At least the code is complete.

#22 9 years ago

It's not. The game hasn't passed UL and it is not being produced. They demo'd the line for expo guests, but that's it.

Quoted from starbase:

I understand and hope this is just a glitch but this puppy is on Sterns line now.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

They demo'd the line for expo guests, but that's it.

What, are you serious?

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

The black MMr has the inlanes wired backwards, and the left switch is flakey as well. Mechanical issues, nothing about the new platform. Agree on the flat-ness, they play a bit slow. I hope they make one of the games steep and turn up the flipper strength. The power here seems fine, all the games are playing great.
Couple other minor bugs on all three games: the duke of bourbon insert flashes without any incandescent emulation, and the DMD animations occasionally 'tear' .. usually ones ones involving flashes or lots of animation. The cabs and playfield do look nice, colors are nice and vibrant. Castle boom and such seems fine.

i saw the tearing, it wasn't terrible but was noticeable

#25 9 years ago

some pics

DSC_5484.JPGDSC_5484.JPG DSC_5478.JPGDSC_5478.JPG DSC_5480.JPGDSC_5480.JPG DSC_5481.JPGDSC_5481.JPG DSC_5483.JPGDSC_5483.JPG
#26 9 years ago

Yeah I generally set my leg levelers all the way out on the front of my games. Makes 'em play super sweet.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Let's Dance...

Play Misty for me.
lets-dance.jpglets-dance.jpg

#28 9 years ago

gameplay vid shortly

#30 9 years ago

Thanks for posting! The lighting during the castle destruction sequence looks awesome.

#31 9 years ago

Played MMr and then an original here with credit dot of course...
Very happy to be in on MMR .

#32 9 years ago

was still processing, live now

#33 9 years ago

I'll likely get a full vid later today.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah I generally set my leg levelers all the way out on the front of my games. Makes 'em play super sweet

That made me laugh

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

It's not. The game hasn't passed UL and it is not being produced. They demo'd the line for expo guests, but that's it.

Got my info from someone on a tour today at Stern. Take a listen to the latest C2C podcast for more info.

#36 9 years ago

Wow that is so slow. Why are the leg levelers like that?

#37 9 years ago

The LEDs they are using for GI look nice, they are vertically molded stripes so it spreads the light well it seems. The light spot gets spread out almost to looking like there is a filament in the bulbs, but it does look a little weird in the pop bumpers for some reason but the vid didn't pic it up well. The purple on the bottom of the cab looks *really* purple, and the originals were much bluer. I'll try to get some time on the game today too. Yesterday was just checking things out.

#38 9 years ago

This would be awesome.

Quoted from calvin12:

I'll likely get a full vid later today.

#39 9 years ago

My bad "demo the line" was not mentioned, so I guess this is some great news. Still don't get how the game was set up so slow but I guess their is reason we don't know yet.

#40 9 years ago

Can we get more reviews on game play and general feedback on MMR, would love to hear more about it.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Can we get more reviews on game play and general feedback on MMR, would love to hear more about it.

I will post some stuff after I get to play more than just the example with the black trim. They all seem to be programmed differently (the one with black trim is doing the incandescent fade thing but the one next to it is doing the regular LED thing, etc). Nobody has access to the games until the hall opens back up at 1PM local time today.

#42 9 years ago

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GLAD I WENT BLACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you sooooo much for these pics & vid. You da man !!!!!

#43 9 years ago

Sounds like they might have put the legs on wrong? Could be something as simple as that, rather than some big conspiracy to hide a game's weakness. Still kinda a funny hiccup when demoing an 8K product that you want to sell thousands of.

Teekee got a thumbs up from me for talking sense, AND managing to spell "lose" correctly. Seriously, it seems as if the whole world can no longer tell the difference between lose and loose. Thank you stern, I trace all this back to "you ooze, you loose".

Quoted from teekee:

EIGHT THOUSAND DOLLARS…

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Sounds like they might have put the legs on wrong? Could be something as simple as that, rather than some big conspiracy to hide a game's weakness. Still kinda a funny hiccup when demoing an 8K product that you want to sell thousands of.
Teekee got a thumbs up from me for talking sense, AND managing to spell "lose" correctly. Seriously, it seems as if the whole world can no longer tell the difference between lose and loose. Thank you stern, I trace all this back to "you ooze, you loose".

Loosen up, man.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Loosen up, man.

Never, there is too much to lose!

#46 9 years ago

I am so very glad I went Black!
Lighting looks fantastic!

#47 9 years ago

Good lord, finally!! After all these months someone posted a good pic/video of the cabinet in black...

IMO black > silver > gold.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

personally I doubt they put them on backward. The games are seemingly playing level so they did go and adjust them after they installed the games. They are also not all completely high front low back. but they are all high front. There is really low back, and medium low in back as the pics should show.

#49 9 years ago

1000's of people... and no pocket level?

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

personally I doubt they put them on backward. The games are seemingly playing level so they did go and adjust them after they installed the games. They are also not all completely high front low back. but they are all high front. There is really low back, and medium low in back as the pics should show.

I dunno, I was trying to be charitable. Zero of my games have any upwards setting on the front legs. Not sure if there is a school out there who is doing this. Might be an interesting thread... second only to 3 vs. 5 ball setting and the wax wars in terms of causing a schism in the community

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 64.99
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 218 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-at-expo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.