Topic Stats

• 187 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Gangplank
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you happy with your MMr purchase (please answer only if you have received it)”

• Yes 127 votes
    74%
  • No 44 votes
    26%

(171 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1656_(resized).JPG
IMG_1651_(resized).JPG
r3w1o_(resized).jpg
IMG_0510_(resized).JPG
IMG_0522_(resized).JPG
IMG_0512_(resized).JPG
IMG_0515_(resized).JPG
IMG_0514_(resized).JPG
CAM00462_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from Pablito:

Comical. 12 "No votes" as of right now and not one justifying explanation of why they aren't happy with their purchase. I have to assume all of those are fake.

This entire thread is comical and "fake." Ask a bunch of people who just spent $8k on a new game what they think of it, and the responses will all be overwhelmingly positive. When was the last time you saw someone trashing their month-old NIB game? it doesn't happen. I don't think I ever saw a bad review of NASCAR or WWE from a NIB buyer. It's hard to say a concert you just saw sucked when you spent 200 bucks on it - the cost of one of these is astronomical and so is post-buy rationalization.

A real consensus on MMr isn't going to have any credibility for years, once we actually see how the reliability is, how the defect issues are dealt with, if the color DMD ever comes to fruition and how much they fleece the buyers for it, etc. etc.

I think we need to wait until there are actually some ex-owners of this title - not just people still enjoying the post-coital afterglow of their big purchase - before a thread like this has any authenticity.

#75 8 years ago
Quoted from Pablito:

Yeah, what I find comical isn't the positive buyers. It's the 20+ people that are so wrapped up in negativity towards a MM remake that they continue to waste time bashing it and trying to make owners feel like it is so inferior to an original. So much so that they will come and vote as if they actually own one just to say they were unhappy and cast doubt for a future purchaser.

We have different views on comedy.

This entire thread was just created to be a circle-jerk for new MMR buyers, which is pretty transparent. Yet you have no problem with the overwhelming positive response, since that's what you want to hear. It provides nothing of worth than to say that a bunch of people who just bought an NIB game are happy with it. Just like every other NIB game ever made.

You are sitting at 73 percent in favor and you aren't happy with that? that's comedy.

I just voted no. Take that "future purchasers!!!"

"future purchasers" are smart enough to know the score. I wouldn't lose much sleep over this poll's effect on them. They'll consider the overwhelming praise the game is getting from recent confirmed buyers, as well as the recent negatives (sling issues, color DMD delay and cost, unreadable inserts, unknown long term reliability) before they make their buy.

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

The problem with this line of thinking is that you are basically saying that if you deem something not of worth on a pinball forum, then it must be true. .

That's EXACTLY what Pablito just said about negative votes or responses in this thread!!!! Why aren't you getting on him about it? A few negative votes on the thread? who cares! It's a forum! Does it really bother him? etc. etc.

And my line of thinking is pretty well stated: a "are you happy with your MMR purchase" this soon in the game is pretty worthless. I'm not making a blanket statement on every thread or poll ever made here.

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

We're playing kickball outside. It's just a game, right? A game among friends. Then, you come in and say you want to play, and then pick up the ball and run with it. Then when everyone complains, you say, "It's just a game, right?". Yeah, it's just a game, but you can still respect the rules of the game. Just because it's a game doesn't mean you have to come in and lie on a poll, or come in to a thread and bash a game just because you have some deep down desire to hate on a particular game (not saying you did the latter, just using it as an example).

Thank you for somehow not using a cargument here. That shows some dedication to actually thinking it out.

I just think you are putting way too much importance in the sanctity of the poll. You are really upset that some of the people who voted might not ACTUALLY be MMr owners? How about the 87 people who voted yes? You telling me that you really think ALL of those people are MMR owners? There could easily be some "liars" in that bunch as well. I would bet a lot of the "yes" votes come from people who bought MMr but haven't received their game yet. There's lots of incentive to pump up the value of something you've paid for already whether or not you've actually played a game on it.

I'm thinking about the sacred "future purchasers" as well. Their well-being is very important to me. I think a dissenting opinion pointing out that maybe buying an $8,000 game solely on the basis of this flawed thread/poll is a mistake has plenty of merit. Unless this game of kickball is being refereed by an accredited kickball official, and all of the players have been properly vetted, everything about it (positive and negative) should be taken with a huge grain of salt. Bookies would NOT take action on this kickball match.

#81 8 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

You kind of missed the point here ... You basically did exactly what I was referring to - a friendly game of kickball and you come in and pick up the ball and run with it, with the reason being that the game isn't being refereed by an accredited kickball official. I mean, come on. Who said this friendly game of neighborhood kickball was worthy of a bookie? Where does that logic come into play? Because it's not, that means you can do whatever you want?
You are playing the MMR superhero - swooping in and saving a future purchaser of MMR because of this one thread and this one poll, making sure they don't make an $8,000 mistake because they seemingly came here and ONLY read this one thread/poll. You are either (a) greatly underestimating the intelligence of most pinball buyers or (b) being the superhero for very unintelligent pinball buyers. Take your pick.

I'm being none of these things. I'm swooping in here like a freight train of truth, and you either get on board, get out of the way, or get plowed into by 100 tons of fury!!!!! I'm no hero, just a man trying to fight for truth, justice, and the American Way.

I'm sorry if I "missed the point" of your completely bizarre and increasingly convoluted kickball scenario (I'm starting to understand why everybody goes with cars). You seem to be missing my point as well: This thread is crap. It's got people who don't own an MMR telling people to buy one, and it's got people who don't own an MMR telling people not to buy one, and people who just bought one NIB telling people to buy one, which is 100 percent predictable.

Take it for what it is, future purchasers. You'd get more value out of watching some kids play a friendly game of kickball.

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

I would be more curious to find out if anyone sold an original, to fund an MMr, and if they were happy with their decision. That would be more telling IMO.

No it wouldn't.

Just like everybody else they just spent $8K on a remake and will have the same response (six thumbs up!)

I'm wondering how many people would even be in this sample...gotta figure not too many but I'd be interested in knowing if anybody here actually did this - sold their original MM with the express idea of replacing it with an MMR, and actually followed through with it.

#91 8 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Funny how you just posted this in another thread:
"For those if you who can't stand all the negativity in a negative thread, there's a perfectly serviceable "are you happy with your MMR?" Owners Circle-j thread that needs your attention."
But just couldn't hold back anymore and decided to bring the negativity into the thread. It must eat at you that much to see any positive thread or post about MMR that you can't help but continue to click on them and bring negativity in, simply because you deem a thread "crap".

Dude, it's a thread where people talk about pinball. Don't take it so personally.

You are right. I just couldn't hold back from pointing out the stupidity and lack of value in this thread. And, I was upset about the unadulterated positivity people kept insisting on putting into the "unreadable MMR inserts" thread.

It must eat at you that much to see any negative thread or post about MMR that not every thread about MMr that you can't help but to continue to click on negative MMr threads and bring positivity in, simply because you deem a thread crap.

#94 8 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Dude, you're right. It's a thread and a forum dedicated to pinball. Don't take it so personally when people start talking positively about a pinball machine that they own - that's what this place is designed for. Try not to let it upset you so much that you can't hold back from jumping into such threads. You can hold back ... I believe in you.

Are we just gonna keep goin back and forth with this?

Don't take it so personally when people start talking negatively about a pinball machine that you own - that's what this place is designed for. Try not to let it upset you so much that you can't hold back from jumping into such threads. You can hold back ... I believe in you.

#99 8 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Be careful who you paint in a "circle jerk".

LOL

This is indeed pretty good advice. You never know if the guy next to you is gonna be into it or get upset.

#102 8 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

I mean to actual type with two hands because with your overwhelming negativity, Im sure the only people you can attract are others like YOU TO A circle jerk. Im thinking your at one right now. but, congrats on your multi-tasking abilities. As for the rest of your posts, its all white-noise.

Thanks mr. positive!!! You are a beacon of positivity, showing all of us negative nancys how it's done!

It still astounds me that an MMR circle jerk thread with over SEVENTY PERCENT positive responses isn't enough for some people. It's like, go 100% or go home!

Not to mention, I haven't even said anything bad about MMR. Just pointing out this thread is stupid.

#106 8 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

When it reality most of us are simply laughing that you think we are butt-hurt because someone says they don't like MMR.

To me, it seems like many of you are butthurt when someone says they don't like MMR.

You guys need a new press agent.

1 week later
#170 8 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

Also has a plywood cabinet bottom (instead of particle board) and a finished (painted) inside cabinet... and maybe free color??

Ain't nobody gettin' no "free color."

I'm guessing it'll be priced around $250. Still a nice chunk of change but will seem cheap compared to the $400 you have to spend to bring color to your standard DMD title.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.99
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-are-you-happy-with-your-purchase?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.