Topic Stats

• 187 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Gangplank
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you happy with your MMr purchase (please answer only if you have received it)”

• Yes 127 votes
    74%
  • No 44 votes
    26%

(171 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1656_(resized).JPG
IMG_1651_(resized).JPG
r3w1o_(resized).jpg
IMG_0510_(resized).JPG
IMG_0522_(resized).JPG
IMG_0512_(resized).JPG
IMG_0515_(resized).JPG
IMG_0514_(resized).JPG
CAM00462_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shastings.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 8 years ago

Love it, and my kids love it. My wife hates it, but that's just because it cost so much. She didn't vote in this poll.

#54 8 years ago

I to would love to see the list of voters. If teekee and o-din are not amongst the no votes I would be shocked.

#110 8 years ago

To answer the OP's original post, I am very happy with my MMR. I am not saying this because I spent so much money on it. I couldn't care less about that - in fact it's now worth 30% more in my currency so I could probably sell it tomorrow for a decent profit.
There are three areas of criticism I have, though none of these are that material to me:
1) it's hard to describe, but the bumpers and slingshots have a slightly plasticky feel to them. It just feels different to my 90s WPC games, but similar to mid 2000s Stern games. I'm not sure whether this is just because the components are brand new;
2) the white King inserts are a little hard to read; and
3) the voices seem a bit set back in the mix so it can be hard to hear all the quotes. I think I read this will be fixed with a software update.

These three things take maybe 2% off the game. Otherwise, it's a blast to play, and I wouldn't hesitate recommending it. The shots are smooth, the flippers responsive and strong, the lighting excellent.Whether it's a keeper, I don't know. I would like a TWD Prem and/or a WOZ one day and for a similar price WOZ certainly has a lot more going on, and TWD is a more intense experience.

One thing for sure is that it's a title that draws it's share of controversy. It's hard to fathom why certain people feel the need to bang on about its perceived bad points but I suppose it's a mixture of: personally not liking Rick; owning an original MM or AFM and annoyed at their drop in value; a genuine dislike of people actually enjoying their pinball/drinking the kool-aid/circle-jerking; they're bored, they like posting for the sake of it and enjoy trolling to get people riled up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 64.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shastings.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-are-you-happy-with-your-purchase?tu=Shastings and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.