Topic Stats

• 187 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Gangplank
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you happy with your MMr purchase (please answer only if you have received it)”

• Yes 127 votes
    74%
  • No 44 votes
    26%

(171 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1656_(resized).JPG
IMG_1651_(resized).JPG
r3w1o_(resized).jpg
IMG_0510_(resized).JPG
IMG_0522_(resized).JPG
IMG_0512_(resized).JPG
IMG_0515_(resized).JPG
IMG_0514_(resized).JPG
CAM00462_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Animal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

So you bought the new MMr LE. Lots of dough and lots of hype, but now you have it (please only answer if you have received it and playing) so are you happy with your purchase?

Im thinking of buying one tomorrow. This would be my second NIB (presently have 3 pins), first was STLE, and Im still loving it.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from ArgabargaJones:

I imagine if we put our heads together we could list the names that don't own it and voted no.

I hope not!! Just trying to get a sense of satisfaction since there are allot of great newish pins out there right now, but have enjoyed the MM when I had a chance to play it.

Thanks for all your feedback. If the "yes's" were less than 60%, then I would be rethinking or going to another LE, but close to 80% is great, Im sold and will be buying.

Thanks again everyone.

#39 8 years ago

Went to my distributer today and PIF - am lucky in that they ordered a bunch in 2013 and now have them in the warehouse so will be taking delivery this week. Kinda feels like Christmas Eve, lol. All you guys were very helpful, thanks! This post is eriey in line with my thougths on the game and, well, me...

Quoted from Phantom1911:

You won't regret it. I'll be honest, I was a bit skeptical. In the back of my mind I was thinking how can an almost 20 year old game compare to all the new shiny stuff being developed and released now? I read the reviews of original owners, watched a few videos, and decided to take a chance. Am I ever glad I did! It's easily my most played game. Even my wife, who for the most part really isn't interested in pinball, will play it. My son loves it, he's almost 5, and it's my favourite as well. I even prefer it over my STLE, and I consider myself a Trekkie, so that one is a dream theme for me.

STLE is my fav and I have TZ and LOTR, but still STLE gets most of my play time. AND my wife basically never plays: she will play a game when a pin is new just because Im excited about it. My kids 15 and 11, dont play, Im hoping, at least, my youngest is drawn to the ogres. Be nice if my wife liked it...

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from V4Vendetta:

so did you just buy it yesterday and you are gonna receive it this week????

Yes, that is correct.

Quoted from metallik:

Nothing wrong with it. His DISTRIBUTOR bought games in 2013 so they'd have some to resell NOW. Same as WOZ. The game was ordered a long time ago.

Yes, exactly. As a matter of fact, they posted on Kijiji that they had MMr LE, so I went to their website early this week and it said they had 5 - so, I have been interested in it since it was announced, but only pulled the trigger today. Waiting for #747.

Wow, 27% not happy with their purchase?? Wonder why they are not reselling or trading?

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I like it but I wouldn't pay $8k again. I have just as much fun playing it as my NGG and Congo.

A "no" stepping forward and contributing. Thank you! Yep, 8k is allot, in Canada its 12k plus 13% tax thanks to our sinking (price for a barrel of oil dependent) dollar. So, yeah it is allot of money and there has been allot of hype and that's why I asked. I am sure some bought just because it is considered the number 1 pin. Im guessing Ive only played MM 25 times and loved the gameplay, the pop art and the sense of humour, (trolls, shout outs etc), but will it have staying power, I will soon find out. Conversely, I bought STLE without one game played and I have no regrets with that purchase. On the other hand, I bought a beauty TZ (which I had only played about 25 times or so) last June and I play my STLE and LOTR LE more... Although all friends gravitate to TZ...
So, I hope MMr will have the staying power Im looking for!

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Just for peace of mind....what colour trim did you get?

Gold - they apparently have 3 more Gold LE's.

#71 8 years ago

Thanks Maestro for the comparison review MM vs MMr!

#101 8 years ago

CrazyLevi = white noise

1 week later
#183 8 years ago

So, MMr was delivered last Thursday: # 747.

IMG_1651_(resized).JPGIMG_1651_(resized).JPG

#184 8 years ago

So far happy with the finished product. Well built, solid pin and faithful to the original. Rather unique playing a new MM since all others Ive ever played has the usual wear and tear - only to be expected for a much loved and played pin.

IMG_1656_(resized).JPGIMG_1656_(resized).JPG

#185 8 years ago

One flipper has become weak as of Sunday, but since its under warranty, I have a call into my distributor. When I bought STLE NIB there was an issue right out of the box, so, mildly disappointing, but Im sure an easy fix and somehow expected. Overall, I give the pin a 10/10 and when the hype dies down and some feel (who bought it) that they want to make room for another, well, if you still want one, Id jump on it.

#186 8 years ago

Flipper was an easy fix, loose coil-stop, back in business.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wolcott, CT
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Animal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-are-you-happy-with-your-purchase?tu=Animal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.