Topic Stats

• 187 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Gangplank
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you happy with your MMr purchase (please answer only if you have received it)”

• Yes 127 votes
    74%
  • No 44 votes
    26%

(171 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1656_(resized).JPG
IMG_1651_(resized).JPG
r3w1o_(resized).jpg
IMG_0510_(resized).JPG
IMG_0522_(resized).JPG
IMG_0512_(resized).JPG
IMG_0515_(resized).JPG
IMG_0514_(resized).JPG
CAM00462_(resized).jpg
There are 187 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 8 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

One thing that can't be replicated with the standard is the cabinet. The LE has a real plywood bottom (not mdf ) & is fully painted inside.

Quoted from njgsx96:

I was one of the lucky ones who was in contact with a distributor and asked when/if an LE becomes available/unclaimed/returned/whatever, to let me know. A month after I officially said "I have the money waiting, let me know what you get", I was the proud owner of #66. Got an email on a Wednesday that it was shipping for Friday delivery to them.

The way they are distributing these things is a total cluster F***! How so many people have been waiting for years even though they were basically 'first in line' while others got theirs in months even though they were 'late to the party'... total cluster.

#152 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Poor use of meme: 1/10.

I respectfully disagree, I have seen too many MMR threads deteriorate to an MM vs MMr bash fest that when this one began to do the same, that meme exactly reflected my facial expression. Sorry you didn't like the meme though.

#153 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Shaker and free shipping... that's about a $500 freebie. Plus many people ordered stainless on the LE... Sorry dude, you got hosed again.

As usual wrong again. Not an LE and no trim choice and not 8k Sally.

#154 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

The way they are distributing these things is a total cluster F***! How so many people have been waiting for years even though they were basically 'first in line' while others got theirs in months even though they were 'late to the party'... total cluster.

I agree but I wouldn't say I was late to the party. I just didn't partake in a pre-order purchase, knowing full well from past experiences with other items and goods how those go.

However, from what I understand, mine came by way of someone getting tired of waiting and cancelling the order.

#155 8 years ago

Did you get free shipping and three percent off for check? I did not. Shipping was $290. $8290 before charge of not being there. It is as others state. One can buy now below mrsp, free shipping and upgrades included. If you are happy with your le sticker so be it. I am not. Why not plate like tafg or a great certificate, Le Topper etc. Are you happy they did the standard after we all ordered well in advance?

#156 8 years ago
Quoted from njgsx96:

However, from what I understand, mine came by way of someone getting tired of waiting and cancelling the order.

For you it may have worked that way but for others there is no excuse why so many that ordered 'day one' are still waiting while some others ordered much later and have received their machine. Even the guys that paid first and paid extra for specific numbers... some still waiting. INSANE!

Unfortunately many will complain about this but will be to first to send their money in for the next preorder...

#157 8 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Did you get free shipping and three percent off for check? I did not. Shipping was $290. $8290 before charge of not being there. It is as others state. One can buy now below mrsp, free shipping and upgrades included.

The LE owners that paid and waited for years definitely got hosed here...

#158 8 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Did you get free shipping and three percent off for check? I did not. Shipping was $290. $8290 before charge of not being there. It is as others state. One can buy now below mrsp, free shipping and upgrades included. If you are happy with your le sticker so be it. I am not. Why not plate like tafg or a great certificate, Le Topper etc. Are you happy they did the standard after we all ordered well in advance?

I am happy it caused the market to get in check with pricing. 12k to 21k pricing before for an original was rediculous.

#159 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

The LE owners that paid and waited for years definitely got hosed here...

Good things come to those that wait.

#160 8 years ago

I agree with you on that. This has got way off topic. MM is a a awesome game period doesn't matter if original, mmr le or mm standard. All play great!

#161 8 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I respectfully disagree, I have seen too many MMR threads deteriorate to an MM vs MMr bash fest that when this one began to do the same, ...

You're right but now its Std vs LE and it is kind of funny. MM people were always accused of being elitists buying for status. So MMr comes out to put MM in the hands of more people. So as you say the MM vs MMr bashing begins. MM people say MMr is not real while MMr people say it is new and better.

Now here come MMr standards and the MMrLE people are going to get all defensive and elitist. Sure it may play the same but but but ... What ever happened to its a new MM being the main point?

Are we going to see this with each remake? (the voting poll says yes)

#162 8 years ago

I'm very happy with the purchase. Owned an original about 9 years back.

The build quality is as good if not better than the original. Very solid game.

Only thing I would change (I have gold) is to get either stainless or probably black if I did it again. Just not impressed with the look of the gold.

#163 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

You're right but now its Std vs LE and it is kind of funny. MM people were always accused of being elitists buying for status. So MMr comes out to put MM in the hands of more people. So as you say the MM vs MMr bashing begins. MM people say MMr is not real while MMr people say it is new and better.
Now here come MMr standards and the MMrLE people are going to get all defensive and elitist. Sure it may play the same but but but ... What ever happened to its a new MM being the main point?
Are we going to see this with each remake? (the voting poll says yes)

I for one don't give a fvck what you have. The more the merrier.

#164 8 years ago

Very happy with mine, don't care about the modest extras with an LE; they didn't cost me anything anyway.
Reading through the posts I would say 95% of MMR of owners are happy with their purchase, while 95% of non-owners think it sucks.

#165 8 years ago

Teekee, totally agree. those that are still waiting have completely been hosed in this exchange and I do feel bad for them as it is not right. But I also agree that regardless of what happens/happened, some of them as well as others will be waving their money at the next pre-order.

#166 8 years ago
Quoted from njgsx96:

Teekee, totally agree. those that are still waiting have completely been hosed in this exchange and I do feel bad for them as it is not right. But I also agree that regardless of what happens/happened, some of them as well as others will be waving their money at the next pre-order.

I'll only be waving it to show them what they are not getting!

#167 8 years ago

All this new activity...I should have known it was just Teekee stirring the pot. Get over it dude.

#168 8 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

kids 15 and 11, dont play, Im hoping, at least, my youngest is drawn to the ogres. Be nice if my wife liked it...

Time to fire them all...

#169 8 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

"Also le is worthless as a little sticker no difference from standard"
Hum....last time I checked my LE it came with a shaker and powder coated trim for the same price as the standard.
You might want to check your info before you go on a rant.

Also has a plywood cabinet bottom (instead of particle board) and a finished (painted) inside cabinet... and maybe free color??

#170 8 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

Also has a plywood cabinet bottom (instead of particle board) and a finished (painted) inside cabinet... and maybe free color??

Ain't nobody gettin' no "free color."

I'm guessing it'll be priced around $250. Still a nice chunk of change but will seem cheap compared to the $400 you have to spend to bring color to your standard DMD title.

#171 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ain't nobody gettin' no "free color."
I'm guessing it'll be priced around $250. Still a nice chunk of change but will seem cheap compared to the $400 you have to spend to bring color to your standard DMD title.

Except that most of that cost is because you're getting an LCD screen. We already paid for that with MMR.

#172 8 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Except that most of that cost is because you're getting an LCD screen. We already paid for that with MMR.

CGC has already said they are "trying to make the dmd package available to LE buyers at an attractive price", so no freebies for anyone.

This is the same company that is "fixing" crappy playfield printing with software updates and "diffusers," and charged more for lower LE numbers, simply because they could. Do you actually expect them to leave money on the table with this upgrade? They couldn't even be arsed to find UK power cords for their overseas customers. They will charge as much as they think they can get away with. Remember, "attractive" doesn't mean attractive for the buyer...

#173 8 years ago

Did they intentioanally leave the power cords out or was it a few isolated incidents?

#174 8 years ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

Did they intentioanally leave the power cords out or was it a few isolated incidents?

All UK machine from what I've heard.

#175 8 years ago

Well I just got an email from PPS. My game should be shipping in a few days. I have a MMR black on order, so the trim must be fixed and black games will be rolling off the line soon. Cant wait!

#176 8 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

They couldn't even be arsed to find UK power cords for their overseas customers.

Are you sure about this? I checked the MMr thread in the UK forum about it. No mention of power cord issues... http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/mmr-thoughts-so-far.32506/

Maybe a UK citizen can enlight us?

#177 8 years ago

I think just one of the UK machines came with a power cord. I really doubt the missing ones were oversights. Maybe I'm being too harsh and the euro ones came with leads but my gut feeling is that the company figured they could save a few $s buy not including them. I know it only cost me a few pounds to get one for my MMr but it smacks of cost cutting. It's a cheap move that is daft when you are trying to build a reputation for a company. I feel the same way as when the end stop fell off the flipper on my MMr a week after getting it. It's not a big deal but raises questions about how much care is put into assembly etc.
However, these issues aside the machine does play well. CGC are just a hard company to love due to their own actions.

#178 8 years ago

All the Australian ones came with the appropriate power cords. I would say the UK ones were an oversight, unless they just don't like Poms.

#179 8 years ago
Quoted from johngravenews:

I think just one of the UK machines came with a power cord.

Thanks for the clarification.

#180 8 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

I see comments like this all the time and as someone that is involved in technology let me just set the record straight. Hardware (whatever that may entail, in this case it's an LCD monitor) is usually a small part of any system cost equation. Software development is a legitimate expense and effort that should not be marginalized just because we (as a society) are so used to getting it done for us for "free", or have figured out ways to steal it.

But back directly to your comment, you already have the color LCD monitor, if the effort to colorize all those frames is so trivial everyone that owns the game should be able to do that themselves since they already have the all the hardware they need...

#181 8 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

... if the effort to colorize all those frames is so trivial everyone that owns the game should be able to do that themselves since they already have the all the hardware they need...

Ask the SmartDMD guys. They wanted to save money on the hardware and have a DIY system where everyone can color a game. I think only one title was ever completed (I may be wrong) but I think Mike D. did Met and that was it.

Thinking hardware over software is why IBM gave the farm away to a new software little software company called Microsoft.

#182 8 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

So you bought the new MMr LE. Lots of dough and lots of hype, but now you have it (please only answer if you have received it and playing) so are you happy with your purchase?
Im thinking of buying one tomorrow. This would be my second NIB (presently have 3 pins), first was STLE, and Im still loving it.

It is the best pinball machine I have ever owned or played.

#183 8 years ago

So, MMr was delivered last Thursday: # 747.

IMG_1651_(resized).JPGIMG_1651_(resized).JPG

#184 8 years ago

So far happy with the finished product. Well built, solid pin and faithful to the original. Rather unique playing a new MM since all others Ive ever played has the usual wear and tear - only to be expected for a much loved and played pin.

IMG_1656_(resized).JPGIMG_1656_(resized).JPG

#185 8 years ago

One flipper has become weak as of Sunday, but since its under warranty, I have a call into my distributor. When I bought STLE NIB there was an issue right out of the box, so, mildly disappointing, but Im sure an easy fix and somehow expected. Overall, I give the pin a 10/10 and when the hype dies down and some feel (who bought it) that they want to make room for another, well, if you still want one, Id jump on it.

#186 8 years ago

Flipper was an easy fix, loose coil-stop, back in business.

1 week later
#187 8 years ago

EDIT #2: CGC got my speaker to me, I put it in and BAM, game is sounding perfect! I am very pleased now, it's almost like getting the game all over again

EDIT: I had grown tired of waiting and had spare time (probably should have done this sooner, but I wanted to meddle around in my brand new game as little as possible), so I swapped the speakers around to confirm/dis-confirm it being a defective/damaged speaker, the distortion moved with the suspected speaker, therefore I have confirmed my problem to be with the replaced speaker itself and not the software. I have contacted CGC and expect another replacement to be shipped.

I love my MMR (#279), it plays exactly like a new MM in just about every way, while I have no personal experience with new originals, I have many friends who are and played them when the game was first released, they claim that it's exact in "feel" and every visual aspect, I am very satisfied with it as far as gameplay goes, with that said, I do have a major Issue...

My game has some bad distortion in the audio, which sounds pretty bad and does hinder the experience pretty significantly for me and everyone else whom has played it, it was this way right out of the box, I was told by CGC Pinball Technician Ron Lukwinski that there would be a controller board with a software update to fix this, I opened my support ticket on December 20th shortly after I received the game and was told on the 29th that said updated board would be sent to me, have been waiting ever since with no other word. I am a very patient man, but considering the time I have been waiting and the fact that this was a brand new $8000 machine, my patience is dwindling. Needless to say, I am not a happy individual in regards to this.

Overall I love my game, but the audio problem must be remedied, I find it and the situation I am in to be unacceptable for reasons stated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.99
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 187 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-are-you-happy-with-your-purchase/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.