Topic Stats

• 187 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Gangplank
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you happy with your MMr purchase (please answer only if you have received it)”

• Yes 127 votes
    74%
  • No 44 votes
    26%

(171 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1656_(resized).JPG
IMG_1651_(resized).JPG
r3w1o_(resized).jpg
IMG_0510_(resized).JPG
IMG_0522_(resized).JPG
IMG_0512_(resized).JPG
IMG_0515_(resized).JPG
IMG_0514_(resized).JPG
CAM00462_(resized).jpg

There are 187 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 8 years ago

So you bought the new MMr LE. Lots of dough and lots of hype, but now you have it (please only answer if you have received it and playing) so are you happy with your purchase?

Im thinking of buying one tomorrow. This would be my second NIB (presently have 3 pins), first was STLE, and Im still loving it.

#2 8 years ago

110% Yes!!! The build quality is awesome. Not one problem since I got it on Halloween. Already got my deposit on #2 AFM!

#3 8 years ago

Lives up to the hype

#4 8 years ago

Very happy, and I have the insert issue. The game is still rock solid and I'm happy with the build quality. It's a hell of a lot of fun to play and I totally get why people say that MM has that "1 more game" appeal. The family loves it and I don't think I'll ever part with it.

#5 8 years ago

Yep, even with the rocky start it gets more play time then my others

#6 8 years ago

I have opened many new games, this was a whole different experience. It's hard to imagine what it was like to crack open a game in the 90's, and play MM brand new. Everything is crisp, and new. I am so very please with our game.

#7 8 years ago

Love it! I'm one of the lucky ones who had no issues, after the sling problem and before the ink. That would have bummed me out. All in all an amazing machine very well built.

#8 8 years ago

I love it even with the dodgy inserts,its just pinball at the very top of its game. No regrets here

#9 8 years ago

It's incredible. A masterpiece.

#10 8 years ago

Very satisfied. Game looks and plays great. Also happy with CG customer service. Had a bum speaker out of box and they were really fast to send a replacement. I'm in for the next remake. Keep em comming.

#11 8 years ago

Love it! Lucky enough to be in the middle run that did not to have the insert or slingslot issues.

I'm really wishing they'd just finish up the color display software, but as of right now I don't think it'll ever leave my collection.

#12 8 years ago

Interesting numbers, and I wonder myself if some non-MMR owners actually put "No". I think this is a very high percentage for a pin with everyone receiving theirs NIB. I wonder how many other NIB themes would hold up after a period of time with this kind of poll. There's something to be said if you "just" got the pin with highly inflated numbers - but many have had theirs for some time now.

#13 8 years ago

I've had my MMr since Oct.

I'm VERY happy w/ it.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Interesting numbers, and I wonder myself if some non-MMR owners actually put "No"

Yeah, I wondered that myself. Those that voted "No". Care to comment? Mine is due to be here in a few weeks, and I'm pretty excited about finally getting it.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

and I wonder myself if some non-MMR owners actually put "No"

You have to wonder about that? It's guaranteed.

#16 8 years ago

Love it...hope to will it to the grand-kids.
Looking forward to title two which is my wife's favorite game...so its an easy buy.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I imagine if we put our heads together we could list the names that don't own it and voted no. If nothing else at least they are consistent!

Shortly they'll be in here telling us how we should feel bad about our purchase and calling for Rick's head for how horrible everything is.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Maybe there should have been a qualifier as in - what number LE do you own...would you purchase again.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from ArgabargaJones:

I imagine if we put our heads together we could list the names that don't own it and voted no.

I hope not!! Just trying to get a sense of satisfaction since there are allot of great newish pins out there right now, but have enjoyed the MM when I had a chance to play it.

Thanks for all your feedback. If the "yes's" were less than 60%, then I would be rethinking or going to another LE, but close to 80% is great, Im sold and will be buying.

Thanks again everyone.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Im sold and will be buying.

You won't regret it. I'll be honest, I was a bit skeptical. In the back of my mind I was thinking how can an almost 20 year old game compare to all the new shiny stuff being developed and released now? I read the reviews of original owners, watched a few videos, and decided to take a chance. Am I ever glad I did! It's easily my most played game. Even my wife, who for the most part really isn't interested in pinball, will play it. My son loves it, he's almost 5, and it's my favourite as well. I even prefer it over my STLE, and I consider myself a Trekkie, so that one is a dream theme for me.

#21 8 years ago

Comical. 12 "No votes" as of right now and not one justifying explanation of why they aren't happy with their purchase. I have to assume all of those are fake because unhappy customers are usually the most vocal, and would include a laundry list of all the problems with their machine. If the no votes aren't fake, then please post your game # and explain why you are unhappy. Are we to assume then that there is near 100% satisfaction with actual MMR owners? For all the CGC bashing, they sure do seem to have happy customers for the most part.

#22 8 years ago

As an Williams MM owner, I can't imagine what would be bad about opening a NIB MM. I have seen and played this game in the home setting. It's fantastic. Don't hesitate unless you are worried about your grandchildren selling it on antiques roadshow.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Interesting numbers, and I wonder myself if some non-MMR owners actually put "No".

I guarantee it. All the loudest voices complaining about it on Pinside are people who don't own one. Weird, huh?

(That is not to say complaints from real owners are invalid, or that unhappy owners don't exist. I'm sure there's gotta be some)

#24 8 years ago

I'm starting to think a lot of the MMR bashers are original MM owners trying to exploit the (legitimate) insert issue, sling mount issue and the way CGC is addressing those issues as a way to try to devalue the remake and boost the value of originals back up a bit. I think it is important that we relax a bit and allow CGC to address these issues. The insert diffusers and software may work great for some folks and not so great for others. With a variable print issue I'm sure it's hard to say one PF is better/worse than others and at the end of the day it's about being 100% satisfied with your purchase. To me MMR is rock solid and a blast to play. Looking at the hardware under the PF I think even if people wanted to do a PF swap it wouldn't be so bad as there is no octopus of a wire loom to deal with, just short wires with harnesses that plug into the big board. I have the insert issue on mine but I do not regret my purchase one bit CGC will handle the issue as long as they are given the opportunity to try some solutions and see. As they stated in their email they are testing a batch of the diffusers and proceeding from there. I think regardless of the transparency issue the diffusers will make the inserts more balanced and not so bright in the center if at the same time it fixes the transparency issue, great. If not that's what filing tickets is for. I highly doubt that they will shut down the line of communication after the diffusers are sent out. Patience is a virtue but in the meantime we as customers can play a absolutely amazing pin

#25 8 years ago

here is a small sample from 9 months ago...before the talk of thin ink
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-for-mmr-owners#post-2444417

#26 8 years ago

What email that they sent out?

#27 8 years ago

The one they sent to folks that filed tickets regarding the insert issue

#28 8 years ago

Can u forward it?

#29 8 years ago

From CGC:

I wanted to follow up with you in regards to a concern you have on the legibility of the lettering on the inserts of the Medieval Madness Pinball. While the original game utilized relatively dim incandescent bulbs, MMR utilizes three bright LEDs under each insert. After much experimentation, we have designed a styrene diffuser that does an amazing job distributing the light evenly - entirely removing the hot spots created by the LED lamps. The diffuser considerably increases the legibility of the inserts. We will soon be making this available to all concerned. Additionally, a software update will allow owners to adjust the brightness of these controlled lamps.

Soon we will be receiving a small quantity of these styrene diffusers and we will install them on already manufactured machines so to assure ease of installation and proper fittings. After we are satisfied with the process, we will then order a quantity of them and make them available through our dealers.

I am confident that you I have been doing my best to communicate directly with those who have expressed concern and have really appreciated the positive feedback on this approach. I also appreciate your patience as we finalize this solution. We ask that you continue enjoying your games.

#30 8 years ago

Or post it here.

Still waiting on mine

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from Pablito:

Comical. 12 "No votes" as of right now and not one justifying explanation of why they aren't happy with their purchase. I have to assume all of those are fake because unhappy customers are usually the most vocal. If not, then please post your game # and explain why you are unhappy. Are we to assume then that there is near 100% satisfaction with actual MMR owners? For all the CGC bashing, they sure do seem to have happy customers for the most part.

I paid in full for mine in May 2015 with the expectation that mine would be shipped in 1-2 months. I still have nothing to show for it but an empty space in my lineup that I could have been filled with other games that could have actually been played. I've grown tired of the excuses. At this point I feel I should have the game in the next month, but that is pretty much what I've been falsely led to believe the whole time.

#32 8 years ago

I LOVE IT. it's the most expensive NIB I've ever purchased but anticipate holding onto this one for many many years. I was NOT happy with the drama around delivery and the nonsense around the coin mechs- but the machine itself was an incredible achievement considering the complexity of this whole process.

You will not regret owning it.

Ignore the noise- and buy it if you can swing it.

#33 8 years ago

Thanks Drew.

Twenty84 you are going to be so happy, hang in there, trust me.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

Thanks Drew.
Twenty84 you are going to be so happy, hang in there, trust me.

From what I've heard I will be happy with the game. I'm not happy with the ridiculous delays, poor customer service, poor communication, and broken promises. Maybe I will feel differently once it arrives, but this buying experience is one I won't repeat.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I paid in full for mine in May 2015 with the expectation that mine would be shipped in 1-2 months. I still have nothing to show for it but an empty space in my lineup that I could have been filled with other games that could have actually been played. I've grown tired of the excuses. At this point I feel I should have the game in the next month, but that is pretty much what I've been falsely led to believe the whole time.

Understood. I got tired of waiting too and started to push a lot more and got my machine. Unfortunately got one of the thin printed insert runs. At least you can have confidence that you will have avoided the slingshot and insert issues. I'm pretty sure though that you will be back here praising the game after you receive it and play it though. Good luck on getting your game soon.

#36 8 years ago

I have no regrets. It's an awesome game and very well put together.

Only complaint will be if they try and rape us on the colour.

#37 8 years ago

Happy with mine. Sold my original back in 2006, and was coming to terms with having to spend 18k on another one when mmr was announced. Quality is williams-like, and only complaints are the long wait and the cumbersome process they have for software updates. Mine still loses time/date and shows credit dot, but i don't feel like dealing with filing a ticket or whatever it is they make you do. Mm is still the king in my book, but then again I've never cared for sterns much.

#38 8 years ago

Have had mine since July, love it. It's been a pin I have wanted for years but paying 10k plus for a pretty beat up one and over 15k for a restored one was never going to happen especially when I could get two newer Sterns for roughly the same money. If I could have ever got Medieval Madness prior to MMR in the worst condition of MMR's I have seen ( slings, inserts)for 8k. I would have done cart wheels. I am very glad I got in on it.

#39 8 years ago

Went to my distributer today and PIF - am lucky in that they ordered a bunch in 2013 and now have them in the warehouse so will be taking delivery this week. Kinda feels like Christmas Eve, lol. All you guys were very helpful, thanks! This post is eriey in line with my thougths on the game and, well, me...

Quoted from Phantom1911:

You won't regret it. I'll be honest, I was a bit skeptical. In the back of my mind I was thinking how can an almost 20 year old game compare to all the new shiny stuff being developed and released now? I read the reviews of original owners, watched a few videos, and decided to take a chance. Am I ever glad I did! It's easily my most played game. Even my wife, who for the most part really isn't interested in pinball, will play it. My son loves it, he's almost 5, and it's my favourite as well. I even prefer it over my STLE, and I consider myself a Trekkie, so that one is a dream theme for me.

STLE is my fav and I have TZ and LOTR, but still STLE gets most of my play time. AND my wife basically never plays: she will play a game when a pin is new just because Im excited about it. My kids 15 and 11, dont play, Im hoping, at least, my youngest is drawn to the ogres. Be nice if my wife liked it...

#40 8 years ago

We got ours in April, so it's been almost a year. No complaints at all. One of the most played machines every time anyone comes over. Everyone can understand the game, kids get really excited when the castle explodes, and pinheads start digging into the tech. I'm glad we got it and i'd do it again even.

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Went to my distributer today and PIF - am lucky in that they ordered a bunch in 2013 and now have them in the warehouse so will be taking delivery this week. Kinda feels like Christmas Eve, lol. All you guys were very helpful, thanks! This post is eriey in line with my thougths on the game and, well, me...

STLE is my fav and I have TZ and LOTR, but still STLE gets most of my play time. AND my wife basically never plays: she will play a game when a pin is new just because Im excited about it. My kids 15 and 11, dont play, Im hoping, at least, my youngest is drawn to the ogres. Be nice if my wife liked it...

You're not alone

#42 8 years ago

Lovin mine!

#43 8 years ago

We really like ours, no problems with the game. It will be in the collection for a long time.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

so did you just buy it yesterday and you are gonna receive it this week???? kinda seems fucked up for people that have been waiting for few years. And I'm not saying OP is fucked up but this bs process of distribution they got going on.

#45 8 years ago

Nothing wrong with it. His DISTRIBUTOR bought games in 2013 so they'd have some to resell NOW. Same as WOZ. The game was ordered a long time ago. Or are you saying people shouldn't be able to resell their games until all original orders are delivered??

#46 8 years ago

The guys who voted "No" on the poll probably just wanted to keep it at that. They may not want to elaborate on their decision. There may be 1 issue, or a handful of issues that made them feel the way they do on their $8,000 purchase. I respect that.

#47 8 years ago

Love it, and my kids love it. My wife hates it, but that's just because it cost so much. She didn't vote in this poll.

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from V4Vendetta:

so did you just buy it yesterday and you are gonna receive it this week????

Yes, that is correct.

Quoted from metallik:

Nothing wrong with it. His DISTRIBUTOR bought games in 2013 so they'd have some to resell NOW. Same as WOZ. The game was ordered a long time ago.

Yes, exactly. As a matter of fact, they posted on Kijiji that they had MMr LE, so I went to their website early this week and it said they had 5 - so, I have been interested in it since it was announced, but only pulled the trigger today. Waiting for #747.

Wow, 27% not happy with their purchase?? Wonder why they are not reselling or trading?

#49 8 years ago

My humble opinion is to get a NIB MMr as soon as you can. A real good chance you wont regret the purchase, and find yourself very happy you did purchase one to play, not as an investment. I have 132 of 1000 MMrLE, and although I don't play it as much as others, it will always be in my collection. It is a must have. Saving the Damzels, bashing the Trolls, and enjoying Monty Python type comments are some of the reasons to have, and to hold.....forever do you part, MMrLE.

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from Pablito:

Comical. 12 "No votes" as of right now and not one justifying explanation of why they aren't happy with their purchase. I have to assume all of those are fake because unhappy customers are usually the most vocal, and would include a laundry list of all the problems with their machine. I

I don't think a potential buyer or someone on the fence will rely on poll % to decide if it's worth the $.
He will take the time to actually read the thread... and realize most (all so far) owners are happy.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wolcott, CT
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 187 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-are-you-happy-with-your-purchase and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.