I had to find a way of fixing the lower gate mechanism as although I got the lower plate with the relay I was missing the shaft, gate and pivot bit.
Complete it should look like this...
Gate Mech (resized).jpg
My gate is like this...
The top part of the gate should not be too hard to make as its is essentially just a wire mounted onto a 1/4" shaft. The tricky bit for me was the pivot bit below the playfield.
Most things available that were similar, such as the depth stops for drill bits are made of hardened steel and would therefore be a pain to modify due to them being hard.
I settled on using a hardened aluminium coupling that I had available from an old CNC project. This I hope will still be tought enough for the required task but soft enough for me to work with, it also had two grub screws for securing to the shaft.
Sawing aluminium with a junior hacksaw is a pain so I just stuck a length of 1/4" in the end and snapped it off...
I then used a file to get rid of the bur and sanded back the rough edges...
It aint pretty but the lip will be on the side away from the relay arm so it will be as good as invisible. It is also a little thinner then the original would have been so I will need to have CerClips above and below the bushing on the new shaft.
Here is the new bit (minus pin) on a temporary shaft mounted on my mech.
As I said it is not perfect but it should do the job and it took 5 mins to bodge up.