Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by hoby1
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dzoomer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 6 years ago

To those interested in this thread with the compiled protector list, here was some recent experience.

Here's the list of protectors I compiled.

--Cliffy--
Catapult
Drawbridge protector
Shooter lane ball eject
Two switch slot protectors
PF flipper drain
Castle drain hole (not installed, went with Mantis)
'

--Mantis--
Castle drain hole
Castle protector w laser etched rock pattern
Moat eject hole
Merlin hole
'

--Pinbits--
Merlin hole
Plastics protectors (not on yet)
'

The Mantis castle drain hole protector was installed instead of the Cliffy version. Some people have said they prefer the mantis version protectors for new pins, but that wasn't specific to the MM castle drain hole per say. That one went on last as it looked ugly for install. In the end it wasn't that bad.

And interestingly, the merlin hole has two protectors in it; one on top (pinbits) and the other in the dished hole (mantis). Works great together, no issues here. Haven't even needed the rubber damper piece.

The plastics protectors install is more work and aren't installed yet, I'll pick away at it, but am in no rush since it's huo.

Everything went fine, no significant changes in game play, and it all looks great. Nice! And lots protected!

There is that new flat cliffy to protect the top of the pf around the moat, which I may consider, but I also have mylar and am leaning to using that for simplicity. Info here. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-protectors-mantis-or-cliffy#post-2654041

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Are the switch slot protectors really needed? The only ones I do not have currently....

Cliffy provides two switch slot cliffys in the MMR protector kit in lieu of the ramp protectors in the MM kit, since MMR already has ramp protectors. Some here say it isn't really needed for the MMR. Most wouldn't consider it a big deal one way or another. They do look good, and I may order more for my other pins with a ball drop above inlanes or outlanes with a switch.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dzoomer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmmmr-playfield-protectors-list?tu=dzoomer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.