(Topic ID: 75997)

MM'97 for sale $8,700 on Mr.Pinball (TX)

By galagamaster

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by TheFamilyArcade
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-709.jpg

#1 7 years ago

Mm on mr pinball he's asking about 8,700 about a $1,000 too much but it is very nice if someone can't wait for anew one ?

#2 7 years ago

LUL 1K too much. Unsure of the math. Sounds like a damn good price to me.

Wish them GLWS.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from galagamaster:

Mm on mr pinball he's asking about 8,700 about a $1,000 too much but it is very nice if someone can't wait for anew one ?

$1000 to much based on what? Don't get me wrong I have a deposit on a new MMr but until the game is released into the wild it's too early to say if it will be as good, better or worse than the original. Even if it plays the same we can't say if the prices will be apples to apples as some things to me defy logic ie... BIB plays the same as ac/dc premium but costs double (diff cab art and back glass) or Tron LE... a pimped out pro with Eli's ramp kit can be had for say 6k but still people will pay 4k+ more for the LE.
Bottom line is everything is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

#4 7 years ago

From the description: "flipper wear of 3/4 to 1 inch diameter on each side of scroll". I haven't seen the game in person, but I doubt I would call that very nice.

#5 7 years ago

All this armchair MM pricing is pretty comical.

#6 7 years ago

Nah......I would rather have a new one at a cheaper price

#7 7 years ago

Mm on mr pinball he's asking about 8,700 about a $1,000 too much

Thanks for that valuable information…

#8 7 years ago

Galagamaster why are you so intent of posting so much about MM and price? Do us all a favor and get one, please. Oh and again I agreed with teekee, damn damn damnit!!!

#9 7 years ago

After the last couple of MM 14 updates, it would be really hard to pull the trigger on an original MM...

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

After the last couple of MM 14 updates, it would be really hard to pull the trigger on an original MM...

I agree. Sounds like the bottom hasn't hit yet on the originals. Looks like 30% drop so far.

#11 7 years ago

This should be interesting its a sweet one I would guess it would of brought north of 15k before the MMr announcement.
ebay.com link » Medieval Madness Pinball Machine Clearcoated W Leds A

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I agree. Sounds like the bottom hasn't hit yet on the originals. Looks like 30% drop so far.

There just isn't any data to support this assertion. Saying it doesn't make it so.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

This should be interesting its a sweet one I would guess it would of brought north of 15k before the MMr announcement.

It has definitely dropped since the announcement, but I don't know if a super shopped MM would have gotten north of 15k. It is not a high end restore by Treasure Cove, but just a super, super nice shop job as explained in their description. They were careful to differentiate between their shop job and restore job in the auction.

I think the biggest change is in the price for the regular player MM. They were going close to 12k, but have dropped closer to 9k and will probably match the MMr as the game is released unless it is really in bad shape. Once MMr has its run, you will see the entire MM market hit close to 7k for very good original MM, or 7k for nice minty HUO MMr. I still think restored MM will sell for the highest amount, but significantly less than before.

Something nobody has talked about is since the original MM is going down, the lower price value is going to keep the price value of the MMr from skyrocketing. I know people that bought into the MMr thinking it would reach restored MM prices. What if restored prices hit 10k? Now with the regular run announced, and prices of the original dropping, MMr LE's will probably depreciate like every other pin besides BIBLE or TronLE.

#14 7 years ago

I didn't read the add I thought it was a full treasure cove restore... My bad.
It will be interesting though if a HEP, TC, Mccune, Keller or Kelly full restore falls to 10 or 11k (i dont think they will) what will HUO MMr go for?

#15 7 years ago

No way the full restores fall that far, regardless of the core price. You get there with a TZ now.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

No way the full restores fall that far, regardless of the core price. You get there with a TZ now.

Gambit I agree that it is very unlikely they will fall this far especially considering that it would cost $5k to $6k+ to have any of these guys do a restore.

#17 7 years ago

Prices will drop. No one knows how much. It doesn't matter. I like my game. Not looking to profit.

#18 7 years ago

You guys dont seem to get it, The prices on this machine are going to drop like a rock, The remakes will start hitting the streets, the guys that preordered and cant afford it will start dumping them, The Standards will be made until the demand is gone. This machine is back at reality pricing and is going to stay that way. Which is a good thing, it was way overpriced and overrated, but is worth about 6k which is what used remakes will be going for...

Just watch

#19 7 years ago

Remake. You don't want to get it. Which is fine.

#20 7 years ago

Oh Bene! You should stick to Pizza and leave the fortune telling to Miss Cleo.
image-709.jpg

#21 7 years ago

Are we really going to talk through this shit again? Isn't there already 10 threads just like this?

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

It is not a high end restore by Treasure Cove, but just a super, super nice shop job as explained in their description.

Actually their description states:

"Restored, w/ clearcoated playfield and SuperBrite Leds"

"IMMACULATE-CLEAN, inside and out! While the machine was torn down for restoration" , etc.

"All ramps & plastic troughs are in excellent condition!"

If you look closely at the "excellent condition" ramps, the clear ramps, not so clear. The wireform ramps have pitting and dirt buildup on them. The ballguides at the flippers look neglected.

It's definitely a sweet looking machine, but to make statements like " Restored, IMMACULATE-CLEAN and excellent condition" is a bit overboard. Worth $11k? Maybe to the buyer, but I would demand a little more at that price. Cripes, for a few hundred or so they could have had Chestnut re-plate the wireforms at least.

Personally, if I had the cash to blow, I believe I would spring for a brand new machine for $3k less.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

If you look closely at the "excellent condition" ramps, the clear ramps, not so clear. The wireform ramps have pitting and dirt buildup on them. The ballguides at the flippers look neglected.

Seems like kind of a waste to put so much work into restoring/cleaning up a game like that and not have the wireforms redone.

#24 7 years ago

All the armchair quarterbacking mostly from people who never bought or sold an MM is hilarious.

Prices on MMs were down, JUST LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE LATELY, before the MMr announcement. I know, I researched them a couple weeks before because I was working on a deal that might have brought a couple machines to me.

A discerning buyer could find beaters for under $10k, maybe just under $9k if they were after it hard enough. Nice machines but not restored are always very hard to price because they are the most rare now. They are all beat, restored beaters, or happily tucked in a collection. But they could still be had for under $12k at the time. High end restos? I believe a few changed hands well under their peak of $18k...more like $15k.

With the TC machine above at $11k with 31 bidders and 7 days to go, well, we will have a decent gauge. MMr may have brought early game pricing down some, but it hasn't done very much to a really nice original...yet. Still might, though.

You guys gotta remember...the entire pinball world doesn't follow this shit so closely. Lots of buyers out there who still don't even know about MMr, I'll bet. And a lot of reasons to think it still may never happen, whether you agree or not.

--Donnie

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from djb_rh:

With the TC machine above at $11k with 31 bidders and 7 days to go, well, we will have a decent gauge.

The first time TC put this on Ebay it made it up to $12,100 but did not meet their reserve. Reserve auctions never do as well as non reserve. Also if you check completed auctions an original low play MM sold for $13950 on Dec 9th… It is Ebay so who really knows.

It seems to me like original MM's are doing just fine as long as they are nice or restored.

I think once the refakes come out and the hype is over many buyers will be comfortable going back to the original. Some will always prefer the original even if they have to pay more.

No worries for you guys that own originals… don't do something stupid and dump it because you think something better is coming. Its not.

#26 7 years ago

Unless improved sound and a color monitor isn't better. Eye of the beholder I guess. Maybe Rick should just part out a bunch of beaters and use those to make as many LEs as possible. Would that make the remake better for you Tiki? Old parts?

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

The first time TC put this on Ebay it made it up to $12,100 but did not meet their reserve. Reserve auctions never do as well as non reserve. Also if you check completed auctions an original low play MM sold for $13950 on Dec 9th… It is Ebay so who really knows.
It seems to me like original MM's are doing just fine as long as they are nice or restored.
I think once the refakes come out and the hype is over many buyers will be comfortable going back to the original. Some will always prefer the original even if they have to pay more.
No worries for you guys that own originals… don't do something stupid and dump it because you think something better is coming. Its not.

I'm not sure of what you said maybe MMLE will come with new software and the game will be just more fun than the original and it's new compare the old one

#28 7 years ago

PinballPro and ColorDMD

#29 7 years ago

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#31 7 years ago

For starters I do have a MM and have a new MM14 coming I'm trying to help out the pinsiders who have a brain and don't mind that prices are way down so why don't you get a live you dildo!

Oh and fuck Teekee he's a little punk bitch that can't handle reality LOL

You need to calm down amigo.

#33 7 years ago

You're right. The $7,500 - $9,000 MMs have nothing to do with MM14

Quoted from djb_rh:

All the armchair quarterbacking mostly from people who never bought or sold an MM is hilarious.

Prices on MMs were down, JUST LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE LATELY, before the MMr announcement.

Him calling you names doesn't make your trolling right. It could be that people have just had it with you.

Quoted from teekee:

Name calling and personal attacks seems to be the norm on Pinside anymore… shame. This so called trolling thing on the other hand seems to get you the guillotine.

#35 7 years ago

Ill put up a $1000 on that fortune telling. Donated to pinside if MM doesn't plummet even more once the Remakes hit the streets.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from Benepinballs:

Ill put up a $1000 on that fortune telling. Donated to pinside if MM doesn't plummet even more once the Remakes hit the streets.</blockquote

I totally agree !

#37 7 years ago

Galagamaster, if as you said, you do have an MM, and you have a new MM14 coming, then why did you rate MM a 1 on IPDB? You never explained that. Why would you have a game that sucked so bad? Why would you want a game that sucked so bad? Still waiting for an explanation on that.

Of course, it could be an entirely different Galagamaster on IPDB. I'm sure there's lots of Galagamasters out there.

#38 7 years ago

Ill put up a $1000 on that fortune telling. Donated to pinside if MM doesn't plummet even more once the Remakes hit the streets.

Bene we get it... you don't like MM! (or MB/AFM)
I know all games are either a 1 or a 10 for you but it seems like you are relishing in the fact that MM may "plummet in price" so what gives? Did a Papa Johns just get built across the street from you or something?

#39 7 years ago

Medieval is a good game just coming down to the prices it should be at.. I just think it got overhyped.. I am just glad the guys that thought they could never own one will be able to now.

#40 7 years ago

I am just glad the guys that thought they could never own one will be able to now.

We agree on this!

#41 7 years ago

Galaga before you get all bent out of shape notice you list no collection. I can't read minds but I know you have made countless threads on the mm price subject. Some of them seemed to be so you could find a low priced one. Was not trying to offend, but your contributions are well boring. Best of luck.

#42 7 years ago

TC is not HE restore. Not by a LONG shot. Have you seen their shit up close? No where near what I expect from HEP or Keller or McCune or Kelly.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

There just isn't any data to support this assertion. Saying it doesn't make it so.

Yes there is. This was selling for $12k before, now it will sell for $8k. This is the 4th one I've seen sell in this price range/condition. I agree it's a small sample size, but (IMO) this trend will continue as more positive info comes out about the MMR and especially after it starts shipping.

It's simple supply and demand. There won't be nearly as many people willing to pay $12k for a 15 year old pin when they can get a brand new (or slightly used) one for $8k. If there were, PPS wouldn't have sold 1,000 of them in 24 hours. Time will tell, but the time has already started.

#44 7 years ago

Saying it will happen doesn't tell me anything.

#45 7 years ago

Why, you selling?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Minneapolis, MN
$ 34.95
Electronics
PinSound
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 37.50
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
$ 59.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 89.99
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
$ 29.99
$ 39.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Suamico, WI
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 26.50
Sale Pending!
Potomac Falls, VA
$ 45.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside