Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CAM01580.jpg
CAM01581.jpg
CAM01545.jpg
Misa-Kitara-Digital-Guitar-6.jpg
IMAG0253.jpg
image.jpg
There are 131 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 10 years ago

nice collection a MM and a CC

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

nice collection a MM and a CC

Thanks
Just want there was 30 hours a day, for us addickts

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Thanks
Just want there was 30 hours a day, for us addickts

I've only ever played both machines on pinball arcade.......the real thing must be sweet.

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

As you know, some MMs for sale a over $ 10k in Aust.
Is the price justified purely due to rareness, or is the gameplay that good?
Be interested to hear if its worth spending that much.

No, go buy a nice little convertible car and see the world. No pin is worth that much.

#105 10 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

I've only ever played both machines on pinball arcade.......the real thing must be sweet.

Sweeeeeeat

#106 10 years ago

I played MM at a friends house, dident really get the rules before i bought the game my self.
Before i only shot the castle gate to destroy em, thought i just should destroy the castle 5 times, but now i enjoy the ruleset, right now i am hunting/enjoying getting the 10 hurry up awards for extraball. Awsome game.
My rom is version 1.00 i have heard there is a C/beta version rom, that says the F word, does it improve the gameplay????

#107 10 years ago

prob adds to the atmosphere of the game play......

#108 10 years ago

If you can afford to have two or three other pins in addition to MM, i would say it's worth having it in a collection. If you can only afford MM and no others, no way. You're better off having four or five quality pins.

#109 10 years ago

Have one on the way in 2 days so I hope so , never played one, but have 10 other pins already so, I figure it'll be great grail addition (it was wither that or a CC with the $ involved), but after going over available mods out there, and gameplay from various youtube posts, I think it will be popular with myself, my 11 year old daughter(who loves the Grand Lizard I have - simple game for someone of the PS/Xbox gen...), and any houseguests. The theme and gameplay should be great!

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from Scorch:

just consider it an investment rather than a purchase

Worst advice ever And I just picked up a MM. If you're spending this kind of money it better not be with the hope of getting your money back from it, look at prices on this thing recently and tell me if the increase feels natural and sustainable or if it's spikey and makes you unsure about future trends?

I say mine will never be for sale, and that my kids will have to fight over it when I'm dead. I'd like to think I'll keep it forever, but one thing I don't count on it getting more out of it than what I paid.

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from Don1:

Worst advice ever And I just picked up a MM. If you're spending this kind of money it better not be with the hope of getting your money back from it, look at prices on this thing recently and tell me if the increase feels natural and sustainable or if it's spikey and makes you unsure about future trends?
I say mine will never be for sale, and that my kids will have to fight over it when I'm dead. I'd like to think I'll keep it forever, but one thing I don't count on it getting more out of it than what I paid.

Agreed with above, I also have extensive NHL jersey collection, but its only worth what the market dictates...fortunately I only have one child(at least so far), so there shouldn't be a fight when I kick!

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

As you know, some MMs for sale a over $ 10k in Aust.
Is the price justified purely due to rareness, or is the gameplay that good?
Be interested to hear if its worth spending that much.

The price of 20k that a aussi pinsider is asking in a resent thread is as ridiculous in Australia as it is in the U.S. MM don't go for more in Australia if anything the opposite is true. This is bulshit hype created by one greedy dic.

#113 10 years ago

Well 3 years ago, i said no to MM deals for about 8k, its too much and cant really go higher, boy i was wrong...

#114 10 years ago

it worth as much as someone at the time is willing to pay for it,

i work & deal in diecast collectable model cars, price fluctuates with supply & demand, a eg is a 1/18 scale that sold for 1-1.2k consistently, was good & the bar was set, until someone
( competitor ) Released the same car with better tooling blah blah, with the flood of extra examples now its worth 3-4 hundred tops, probably the true amount i guess,

whats this got to with MM worth the $$, well pray its not remade, because they will drop like a sack of spuds,

you buy it because you like it, price shouldn't be a major issue

Best of luck to all

#115 10 years ago

It shouldn't go for anymore than TZ or TAF. Maybe less if anything. Crazy how people have turned this game into something it's not.

#116 10 years ago

Dude, Nice Scared Stiff!!!!

#117 10 years ago

Almost 3 years ago, I was apprehensive at sub 10k, original, shopped, super clean, with an extra new IPB playfield. In a parking lot, chasing away lookers at a pinball show. Pre-arranged deal.

Today, worth 14-15k plus on the market, without the IPB playfield. Tomorrow, who knows?

Is it worth it, I do not know. Are people paying it, yes.

#118 10 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

It shouldn't go for anymore than TZ or TAF. Maybe less if anything. Crazy how people have turned this game into something it's not.

Those "people" are called pinheads, and it's nothing new. MM has been at the top of the heap for a long time, regardless of whether you personally like the pin or not.

1 week later
#119 10 years ago
Quoted from Don1:

To each their own... Personally, when I purchase anything, I look at the cost of ownership. If I buy a $30,000 car, I know I will sell it in 3 years for $20,000 - the cost to me is $10,000 + upkeep. So I don't think of it as spending $30,000, I think of it as spending $10,000 for the car, and relocating some of my investments. My wife thought I was crazy when I bought my first pin for $700. but when I explained that it'll cost me $300 to fix up, and I can sell it at any time for $1500, the price argument is null (if you have sufficient free capital).

If I buy a MM, the price may be $14k, but I know that in a few years, it's not going to depreciate that much (and there is a chance it will appreciate), so if I assume in 3-4 years it will be worth $12k, then it only costs me $2k, but hopefully it will stay the same or increase. So maybe it's not "technically" an investment that you would expect to make a return on, but it is something that should hold most of it's value over time.

#120 10 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

One of the top location earners since its release 15 years ago.

In demand since Day 1:

http://www.flippers.be/basics/101_medieval_madness_prices.html

1 week later
#122 10 years ago
Quoted from Scorch:

If you have free cash it's a no-brainer... just consider it an investment rather than a purchase. If one becomes available within a reasonable distance, ideally in a very good or worse condition, you buy it, fix/upgrade it, play it for 1-5-10 years, and sell it when your done...

this is exactly what is wrong with this hobby and that's why you are now paying $9000 for a new pin.

It should never be an investment, it is a thing for your enjoyment. You should be able to afford it and justify it or not. Otherwise you just add your expenses to the price and artificially counter depreciation. People more "silly" than you pay more dollars to buy it from you and also add their real and imaginary expenses to the value and you have price hike which ultimately hurt you as well (and everybody else) because it happens to the other machines you'll likely to be buying in the present and future. The whole things is a zero sum game: no one gets richer, because you all use funds from price-hiked sales to pay more and more money for other machines, and all those machines should have retained same value (or decreased in value, in real world with healthy economic rules). You insert more funds into a system where countervalue of merchandise doesn't realistically match it. One day, someone refuses to be "the biggest fool" and starts the chain reaction of bubble burst. Just think of a housing market crisis repeated in pinball. It will happen unless you guys find way to match the pinball market by getting increasingly richer in the real world. Or else divorce lawyers would only profit.

#123 10 years ago

Going to hold off on the purchase, because I keep hearing rumors of a re-run of the machine, and CC. Anyone else heard about this?

#124 10 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Going to hold off on the purchase, because I keep hearing rumors of a re-run of the machine, and CC. Anyone else heard about this?

"Wayne's World, Wayne's World..."

#125 10 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

It would be sweet if this happened... Remake these pins and TAKE MY MONEY PLEASE!

#126 10 years ago

Rerun rumors for years now, dont think its gonna happen any day soon...

#127 10 years ago

wow, whole new thread now started on this. we'll just have to wait and see.

#128 10 years ago

If collectors stopped paying the silly money that they are selling for, it would drop back in price to other games of that era.
It doesn't make any sense, you could almost buy 2 new Stern pinballs for the price of this 15 year old pinball.
Hopefully when certain companies finalise the remake deal, we will all be able to buy a brand new one of these as a decent price.

#129 10 years ago

with all the new better playing Stern's and now WOZ,I have little interest in getting MM any more,especially at the prices they go for.

#130 10 years ago

Just to give you an idea of how long I've been in the hobby, I've had my MM for over 10+ years. I paid $4500 for it back in the day.It definitely is not worth the prices it commands. Granted, all of this comes down to your funds and how YOU wish to spend them, but I don't see this game being worth what it commands. It's a GREAT game, don't get me wrong, but not for the money people want for it.

I keep my games because I have a lot of fun with them, and each game brings back memories of years past. I guess it is much like car collecting...but rationale reasoning should always prevail, especially when it comes to money. But hey, we only live once.

Quite honestly, TO ME a game should not command more than 6-7k, but that's just my $.02 on the matter...

#131 10 years ago

It is a fine game and it's reputation is well-deserved. It's possible that it deserves this high a price based on scarcity, but not on game play. They don't come up for sale that often anymore. My friend scored one in decent condition a few months ago for 4K but such opportunities are rare.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 64.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 131 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mm-worth-the-money/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.