You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200616_221127 (resized).jpg
20200616_221115 (resized).jpg
20200616_221123 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Hi guys, this is my first post! I have just moved my MM upstairs into a unit and had to disassemble to get it up the stairs. I marked all the connectors and replaced them all where they came from. When i switched it on it wont start up any ideas? There is some random playfield lights on which has me confused.... when i first switched it on i did have the ribbon cable to my color DMD around the wrong way but the sound and everything started up but now it has all stopped and nothings working! Help!

20200616_221115 (resized).jpg20200616_221115 (resized).jpg20200616_221123 (resized).jpg20200616_221123 (resized).jpg20200616_221127 (resized).jpg20200616_221127 (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

I'm assuming you've already done this but just in case; go back over every connector very carefully and inspect that they are installed in the proper place and that nothing is off by a pin. If that doesn't fix it see the WPC95 sections here: http://techniek.flipperwinkel.nl/wpc/index3.htm#poweron that relate to the LED states, sounds, etc. for the CPU, A/V and Driver boards. You may also want to try to start it up with the A/V board disconnected since you know you had it incorrectly connected before.

#3 3 years ago

no need to post a picture of the coindoor, the boards in the backbox is what matters

Try to start the game with the 2 flatcables on top of the cpu board (far left board) disconnected.
If it boots then, double check they're plugged in correctly.

#4 3 years ago

Thanks will try again tonight and let you know! It seems to be CPU related i am guessing...

#5 3 years ago

I don't think you have NVRAM installed. Looks like it might be stuck in default settings. If so, then what happens if you install batteries? If the same thing occurs, unplug the ribbon cables from the MPU to see if the MPU boots up by itself and then plug the ribbon cables back in.

#6 3 years ago

If the DMD is not on might because you are missing the DMD power connection at the top right on the A/V (top right) board.

#7 3 years ago

Dmd power is missing cause I have a colorDMD.

#8 3 years ago

looks like the blanking led is stuck on ( top one on cpu ) this should come on at power up then go off and the diag ( center led ) should start blinking.

#9 3 years ago

Most likely the short grey ribbon cable between the MPU and power driver board is one pin/row off correct alignment or not making proper contact.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from R-A-D:

Dmd power is missing cause I have a colorDMD.

Excellent. That is my favorite mod. Do you show "Factory Settings" on the ColorDMD when you turn the game on?

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from grumppy:

looks like the blanking led is stuck on ( top one on cpu ) this should come on at power up then go off and the diag ( center led ) should start blinking.

That's also what I saw in that picture - therefor my suggestion of trying with flatcables disconnected.
If his cpu doesn't boot then nothing will show on the dmd either

First he should check is if it boots then with all cables on the cpu disconnected (except for power : connector with with grey/black wires)

#12 3 years ago

If you removed the head then the only cable you pulled from the CPU would be the matrix cables at the bottom. Pull and reinstall all cables in the head you removed.

#13 3 years ago

I have no idea why folks are even talking about the DMD when the game is obviously stuck in reset based solely on the single picture of the CPU board that shows the blanking circuit is activated.

So far the only good advice I've seen is to remove the ribbon cables from the CPU to see if it can complete the boot cycle as failures on other boards can cause the blanking circuit to activate as a protective measure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mm-wont-start-since-reassembly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.