• 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by dos_reboot
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2836C0A5-D9F8-4824-A0E4-E5A44B7E4876 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 7 years ago

I agree with what a lot of people are saying in that they "don't feel or play like the same game". They are very similar though.

If have a small collection and are looking for something a bit different to go with the MMr, grab a game with a third flipper and super deep and complex rules like a Star Trek or something along those lines. RFM goes great with MM (I have those two in my home lineup right now, they compliment each other great).

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Right now, I have a MMR LE and TZ.

Just looking through your list, why not get a modern game to add to your collection? I see you have Dialed In! on your wanted list, probably not too far off in price between AFMr and Dialed In! Standard.

You certainly won't have to start a thread asking if they are too similar with Dialed In! And MM.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I heard there is a good chance TOM, TOTAN, and MB could be remade. Why do you not think TOM will be made?

Well, MMr was announced in October of 2013. Its now April of 2017 and only a couple months has AFM been officially announced.

Everyone seems to feel MB is next after AFMr is all done (late 2018 or early 2019?)...not sure how much further into the future anyone can predict as so much could happen. But would you really want to wait till 2021 or so to get a TOM (assuming it is affer MB) anyway?

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I think the first game took them a while, but look at how quickly AFM is being produced after it's initial announcement.

I could be wrong but I don't think any production machines have gone in the line. They had MMr samples out for well over a year before any production started (per my memory anyway).

If they get 1,000 AFMr's out by this time next year I'd be very surprised (happy for them, but very surprised).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mm-vs-afm?tu=tigerlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.