• 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by dos_reboot
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2836C0A5-D9F8-4824-A0E4-E5A44B7E4876 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frippertron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#166 5 years ago

Here's the deal fellas. Brian Eddy legitimately cracked the code for what pinheads wanted and will want with variations of course with AFM. The birth of the orbit, ramp, bash, scoop, ramp, orbit layout. This has been seen constantly ever since. The man should have patented the layout. It is now the base from which all other playfields are created. MM was a reworking of the same layout, so it comes down to rules, and I like AFM better. I also love MM but I think AFM might be the most brilliant moment in pinball history outside of Ted Zale's Fireball. It's a perfect game in every respect, MM might have better toys but the rules are too focused on the castle. If you own one PLEASE do not buy the other, it's the same game and a lot of money unless status symbols are your thing then you are gonna need a Monster Bash too. Mark my word here, modern pinball owes everything to a guy who only designed a few games. For one inspired moment figured it out and Stern has been building on his layouts for years. Ask Steve Ritchie the most incredible thing he has ever seen in his 40 years in pinball and I guarantee it will be Brian Eddy's solo performance on The Shadow. Design, engineering, and code. The dude is a beast!

#168 5 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

More
Brian says ok get off your knees...next year you can kneel when my Stern machine comes out.

Do yo know of a good knee pad manufacturer? They get raw at my level

#169 5 years ago

I don't own any of these games, I am pure early SS and hopefully going to get into EM's real soon. I can't justify a 5K purchase on one game, no way, that is the beauty of this hobby there are so many ways to go about enjoying it.

#173 5 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

More
I agree with almost everything you say, except for the part about don’t buy both if you already have one. My 2-game collection consists of MMr and AFMr and I couldn’t be happier. Before that I had 3 modern games but sold them. In my opinion MM and AFM are the pinnacle of pinball. Although the layouts are certainly similar they differ substantially in theme, art, rules, music, and callouts. I can’t wait to see what Brian Eddy comes up with for his next game. He has set the bar very high for everybody, including himself.

That's cool man, just my opinion. If YOU get joy out of it, that's all that matters. This is exactly why I love this hobby so much, there isn't only one way to enjoy it. Find what makes YOU happy and leave the noise in the background.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Wanted
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 64.99
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 9.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frippertron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mm-vs-afm?tu=Frippertron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.