Pros for AFM
- It has 3 ramps (lock shot has a diverter that turns the shot into a ramp) this is the most satisfying shot in the game, MM only has 2
- Saucer is a much more strategic toy, the bank target has 3 lights, you have to hit the blinking lights to lower the bank
- The drop target fires the ball back at you in a much more intense fashion than the bridge/gate
- 4 martian targets are more fun/a better challenge to shoot than two big trolls
- Better multi balls, more varied and unique
- Has tracked combos, you need to achieve a 5 way combo to get to the wizard mode
- Need to be more strategic with multiballs and bash toy, you have to lower the bank before starting a multi ball
- You need a super jackpot to reach the wizard mode, so you can't just use multi balls to blow up center target
Pros for MM
- Easier to hit more flowy ramps (especially the right ramp) allowing more ramp combo flow, in AFM the right ramp is sometimes hard to hit
- Overall shots "feel" a little more intricate/dynamic because of the way they are presented
- Has a few more tracked achievements, trolls, castles, damsels (vs. just martians)
- Has a little more depth with mode/multiball stacking in order to achieve high scores
In terms of shot feel I would say that each game matches their theme. AFM is fast, kind of like shooting lasers. MM is a little slower and bendy, kind of like shooting an arrow.
It should be noted that in AFM the orbits at first shoot at the Jets, so you need to "unlock" the flow. In MM the orbit starts open and then closes. A matter of preference there.