(Topic ID: 67000)

Holy Crap...EXPO is getting crazy...Stern to reveal "The Walking Dead tomorrow??

By eggbert52

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 320 posts
  • 110 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Firebaall
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 15 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

p6w9z.jpg
    gallery_1_photo_2_large2.jpg
    Xenon was here.png
    lwb.jpg
    bored-bundy.gif
    Donkey.jpg
    dog.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-902.jpg
    image-608.jpg
    bone.jpg
    bone-cover.jpg
    Backglass.jpg
    image-798.jpg

There are 320 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
    #301 5 years ago

jared -thanks for streaming all the videos.made my Saturday exciting.
    felt like I was almost there.

#302 5 years ago

I am really surprised Stern did not at least show a video of ST LE.

With $8 million being spent on MM, surely a PR video would have been a good idea?

#303 5 years ago

Was it considered better to show nothing at all rather than something underwhelming?

#304 5 years ago

Sorry it was not informative guys..

I asked him if they would consider any reissues of past stern games. His answer was that 6 releases (18 months) of pins are already planned. He did not rule it out totally.

Thanks for watching the stream.

#305 5 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

I lasted 2 minutes, I am shocked he speaks so poorly and owns this company. Oh and thanks for telling me nothing about your companies future.

Gary did this off the cuff, or it was intended to be this way. Not all company executives are good public speakers. No hits, no misses. It was what it was.

#306 5 years ago

So what is te news from stern?

#307 5 years ago

Mr. Stern could of spent some time talking about Star Trek, it could of been interesting.

#309 5 years ago

Uneventful as it was, it was great to be able to watch from Europe in real time. Thanks!

#310 5 years ago
    Quoted from retired_user_101:

Thanks much for doing this. We wouldn't have had a chance to have fun being such smart-azz's without the live feed

Agreed 100% Snarky comments made this thread awesome. I want Stern and all other pinball companies to succeed despite my attempts at humor.

On a serious note, Gary gave me NO reason to save my money for a Stern product. Tron re-issue? ST LE pics/videos? Walking Dead / Angry Birds / ??? themed pins? What a waste of an opportunity to sell the brand.

#311 5 years ago
    Quoted from marcand:

Agreed 100% Snarky comments made this thread awesome. I want Stern and all other pinball companies to succeed despite my attempts at humor.
    On a serious note, Gary gave me NO reason to save my money for a Stern product. Tron re-issue? ST LE pics/videos? Walking Dead / Angry Birds / ??? themed pins? What a waste of an opportunity to sell the brand.

well... you might be able to spotify yourself playing Stern pinball at a bar with all your lady friends in the future.

oh, wait. I can do that now. Hmmm....

#312 5 years ago
    Quoted from retired_user_101:

Thanks much for doing this. We wouldn't have had a chance to have fun being such smart-azz's without the live feed

I second that, thanks Bakushan it was fun!

#313 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rick432:

well... you might be able to spotify yourself playing Stern pinball at a bar with all your lady friends in the future.
    oh, wait. I can do that now. Hmmm....

"This new Stern pin for 2014 will take pics of you while you play and post to Pinterest and Facebook. Who wouldn't want to see those beautiful pinball players? While they play...a pinball selfie!"

#314 5 years ago
    Quoted from marcand:

"This new Stern pin for 2014 will take pics of you while you play and post to Pinterest and Facebook. Who wouldn't want to see those beautiful pinball players? While they play...a pinball selfie!"

If only the technology to photograph me while I play and post online existed NOW! If ONLY!

#315 5 years ago

So what was the mystery pinball under the cover?

#316 5 years ago
    Quoted from marcand:

So what made you expect any of that? Sure, lots of surprising stuff hit expo this year, mainly with MM being announced, but we had no reason to think they would come out with big announcements now that would crap all over their ST launch, which had all the buzz 2 days ago when we all saw the lighting effects for the first time.

Oh yeah, it was because we all spent all day promising ourselves stuff that we had ZERO reason to expect, except that other's wild speculation started getting reported as fact.

I'm no Stern Fanboy, but anyone who has watched them for the last few years will see that it would be REALLY out of character for them to pre-announce anything this far out from their next pin announcement, especially when they are still in the middle of their current Pin launch.

Sure, they got overshadowed by MM, and a lot of NIB money just left the market, but they weren't going to change that by tanking the ST launch to pre-announce something they are nowhere near showing yet. Whatever they have in the pipeline, they will show it when they are ready, and you can buy it or not. That's pretty refreshing in this era of 2 year wait times for pins after announcement.

#317 5 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

So what was the mystery pinball under the cover?

I think it was an advertisement for red question-mark labeled pinball machine covers that somehow got misinterpreted.

#320 5 years ago

Stern was getting ready, but then got a little depressed.

p6w9z.jpg
    Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Pinball Machine
    Monster Bash Remake Out of stock
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 39.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 55.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    £ 32.00
    $ 179.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    Cabinet Parts
    PinBoltCaps
    $ 9.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 249.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    $ 16.00
    Tools
    PinballSolutions.eu
    $ 29.99
    $ 11.95
    $ 4.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    ULEKstore
    $ 7.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 132.00
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 17.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 29.95
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    There are 320 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside