(Topic ID: 67000)

Holy Crap...EXPO is getting crazy...Stern to reveal "The Walking Dead tomorrow??

By eggbert52

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 320 posts
  • 110 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Firebaall
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

p6w9z.jpg
    gallery_1_photo_2_large2.jpg
    Xenon was here.png
    lwb.jpg
    bored-bundy.gif
    Donkey.jpg
    dog.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-902.jpg
    image-608.jpg
    bone.jpg
    bone-cover.jpg
    Backglass.jpg
    image-798.jpg
    There are 320 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
    #1 10 years ago

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jguynes

Right before they went off air they are saying Gary is going to release the next game early????

Anyone else hear about this? Just as he said that they went to dead air.

I was doing some stuff around the house and all of a sudden my computer video started running live from EXPO from the old MM link.

#2 10 years ago

egg we need to talk we are kinda close geographically!

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from magnoliarichj:

egg we need to talk we are kinda close geographically!

I don't think we're that far apart.

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

Gary is going to release the next game early????

He's been doing that with every game for the last couple of years.

/rimshot

#5 10 years ago

Here is the video that they just posted. Let me know if you can hear what he says at the end about Stern releasing a game early...

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jguynes

Red Silk commercial for a new pin???

SWEEET!!!

#6 10 years ago

If Stern is announcing the rumored walking dead pin, which i had hoped to be my first Stern, then sadly he is a day late for me.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from Moose615:

If Stern is announcing the rumored walking dead pin, which i had hoped to be my first Stern, then sadly he is a day late for me.

Yep, that's what he just said. What is the Walking Dead?

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

Yep, that's what he just said. What is the Walking Dead?

So the next title is officially the walking dead??

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

So the next title is officially the walking dead??

Apparently they took out a full page ad!!

Can anyone possibly get a photo of this ad and post it on Pinside??

#10 10 years ago

I think it's more speculation and rumor, so I wouldn't say it's official. And the walking dead is a wildly popular comic book series and tv show about the zombie apocalypse.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

Sweet, walking dead thanks man!

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from Moose615:

I think it's more speculation and rumor, so I wouldn't say it's official. And the walking dead is a wildly popular comic book series and tv show about the zombie apocalypse.

Ah damn, so Stern didn't announce anything.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Ah damn, so Stern didn't announce anything.

according to the video, Stern is suppose to announce something tomorrow and its believed to be the next pin (walking dead?)

#14 10 years ago

Stern has to do something to change their business plan. Maybe this is part of it. Hopefully the rest of it will be to stop dropping the quality of their product and to give better code when a game comes out and promise to keep it updated instead of abandoning it when they have sold off their games.
    Competition is a good thing. But unfortunately all this current competion was created by the void that Stern created when they cheaped up their games and upped their prices quite awhile ago. They might have created too much competition to deal with. Our herd of sheep is of a somewhat limited supply.
    Baa Haa......

#15 10 years ago

TWD, as far as my source knows, was next title. My bro has been more right than wrong, so I'm stoked!

#16 10 years ago

TWD would have been nice but pps has my orders now .

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from playernumber4:

Stern has to do something to change their business plan. Maybe this is part of it. Hopefully the rest of it will be to stop dropping the quality of their product and to give better code when a game comes out and promise to keep it updated instead of abandoning it when they have sold off their games.
    Competition is a good thing. But unfortunately all this current competion was created by the void that Stern created when they cheaped up their games and upped their prices quite awhile ago. They might have created too much competition to deal with. Our herd of sheep is of a somewhat limited supply.
    Baa Haa......

Agreed. Half finished games are unacceptable.

#19 10 years ago

Release isn't supposed to be til late spring. Plenty of time to pay both off!

#20 10 years ago

Maybe but it sounds like saving up for AFM ,MB and CC may be the smart move.

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Release isn't supposed to be til late spring. Plenty of time to pay both off!

That is true, man you had to get me thinking more! haha, I need to measure the game room aka dining room in a condo, looks like a 2 pin room, maybe I could squeeze a third.

#22 10 years ago

RELAX.

That it NOT official.

We are just speculating!!!

The expo program promises a "big reveal" on Saturday. Sources say the ad was bought by stern...

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from Moose615:

That is true, man you had to get me thinking more! haha, I need to measure the game room aka dining room in a condo, looks like a 2 pin room, maybe I could squeeze a third.

Glad I did my garage into a game room. Can fit 5 more easily. Lmao.

Now to scrounge up what, 8 grand for MMR and probably same for TWDLE?

Damn you pinball! :-0

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

image-798.jpgimage-798.jpg

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

RELAX.
    That it NOT official.
    We are just speculating!!!
    The expo program promises a "big reveal" on Saturday. Sources say the ad was bought by stern...

HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO SLEEP NOW!?!?!

#26 10 years ago

Makes me wish Ben Yetter was still around. Last year, I posted about being excited about BHZA on pinhead or some such site. There was a reply from Gary Stern "Save your money for Stern's zombie pin." Ben always said that was not Gary. I wonder though.

Totally IN on Walking Dead LE

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

image-798.jpg 1 MB

Coming soon: stern approved pinball covers for unfinished code releases?

I keed...I keed!

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Glad I did my garage into a game room. Can fit 5 more easily. Lmao.
    Now to scrounge up what, 8 grand for MMR and probably same for TWDLE?
    Damn you pinball! :-0

I wish I could turn my garage into a game room, but its detached and I would never feel comfortable having pins out there.

#29 10 years ago

So wtf!.....they don't even put out video of the STLE and now they are announcing the Walking Dead pin? Sounds like a little desperation to me although I don't blame them with all of these announcements and new pins coming.....people need to allocate dollars.....

Well, that one and Zeppelin are the two pins I'd go in for from them after ST disappointment for me....

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from Moose615:

I wish I could turn my garage into a game room, but its detached and I would never feel comfortable having pins out there.

Alarm system my good man!

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from Moose615:

Greatest thing I ever did!

#32 10 years ago

I could only hope this is true, that is a pin I would buy without knowing nothing more than it being "The Walking Dead"

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Alarm system my good man!

If my pin addiction gets any worse I am going to have to convert the garage haha

#34 10 years ago

If they announce the walking dead there will be people climbing over each other to hand Gary cash.

#35 10 years ago

Stern has to change their business plan is right. A preannouncement by them means they want to lockdown sales right now. They are now competing with JJP who's clearly innovating and planetary who is remaking the most loved games of all time. Half finished half-baked games just will not cut it anymore.

#36 10 years ago

Are they trying to bury ST? Worried about $$$ being soaked up by other releases? I don't get why they would announce it right now, ok yes I get it, money grab gold rush going on now.....I thought they said January before, but hey, I'd like to have that one right next to my Zombieland Adventure from Jpop...ok, I'm just gonna put it out there and would hope they would wait for it, but you can't be lopping heads off without an LCD on this pin!

Come on man, need to see heads rolling on the LCD.....with MM getting the LCD let's hope Stern gets with it here...

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from heckheck:

Stern has to change their business plan is right. A preannouncement by them means they want to lockdown sales right now. They are now competing with JJP who's clearly innovating and planetary who is remaking the most loved games of all time. Half finished half-baked games just will not cut it anymore.

WALKING DEAD! WALKING DEAD! WALKING DEAD!

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!!! Unfinished code? Price increase? Cabinet optional?

Here's my first born Gary! God bless!

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!!! Unfinished code? Price increase?

Don't say those things!

#39 10 years ago

Be a dream come true if they made The Walking Dead more on the comic book style than the tv show. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Are they trying to bury ST?

It would be the closest back to back announcement that Stern has done since I've been in the hobby. Seems very strange for them to do this.

Who knows.

If it is a Zombie pin (walking dead or otherwise) DAMMIT, I will have to sell something to buy it. Zombie theme is far too compelling, especially since I bailed on RAZA.

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Don't say those things!

I'm sorry Ice! I'm weak....

I'm so ashamed... :-/

DONT CARE! WHATEVER YOU'RE ASKING GARY, ITS NOT ENOUGH! Lol!

#42 10 years ago

Maybe if everyone gets TWD and the MMR they'll unload a Big Bang Bar cheap? I can dream. I simply love that game.

#43 10 years ago

Didnt I read something about if the artist was revealed it would reveal the game?
    Sounds like the comic book to me.

#44 10 years ago

damn, it is a huge expo this year, a lot going on.

#45 10 years ago

I hope JJP announces something just as exciting as the rest of these news items.

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

I hope JJP announces something just as exciting as the rest of these news items.

he already did, price increase!

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

If it is a Zombie pin (walking dead or otherwise) DAMMIT, I will have to sell something to buy it. Zombie theme is far too compelling, especially since I bailed on RAZA.

I know, gotta have Zombies, especially Walking Dead, my family loves that show! Its pin overload right now, amazing!

#48 10 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

JJP just announced a remake of Red Baron...looks the same to me

Backglass.jpgBackglass.jpg

#49 10 years ago

I reckon JJP better announce a hugely popular theme for the next one, much more so than Woz or TH, and I would think that the PPS remakes are gonna make a dent in both Stern and JJP, maybe minor, who knows....

Walking Dead will be a grand slam for them and apparently a big hit overseas too.....

#50 10 years ago

Supposedly it is Walking Dead, and based on the comic and not the show. All I can say is, HELL YES.

There are 320 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mm-video-is-live and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.