Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by TRUMETLAR
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I'm looking for advice on how to fix a faulty MM trough kickout. When the ball goes through the castle or into the trough, the kickout triggers, makes noise, and the flasher on the left ramp signals but the ball isn't kicked out. I checked the optos and they work fine. Thanks in advance
Medieval Madness

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from TRUMETLAR:

I'm looking for advice on how to fix a faulty MM trough kickout. When the ball goes through the castle or into the trough, the kickout triggers, makes noise, and the flasher on the left ramp signals but the ball isn't kicked out. I checked the optos and they work fine. Thanks in advance
Medieval Madness

I had this issue with my MMR. I had the drawbridge cliffy installed and it worked loose and went into the trough. It was interfering with that kickout vuk. Removed the loose cliffy from the trough and it worked great. Maybe you have an obstruction..

#3 2 years ago

Check the coil next. Broken wire at the coil lugs ? If other coils aren't working too, then check fuses.

LTG : )

#4 2 years ago

deleted

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from TRUMETLAR:

Medieval Madness

Is it kicking at all? If it is kicking but is weak there is some adjustment to the mechanism to increase or decrease the mechanical force.

#6 2 years ago

You can also check that coil and others in Tests - Solenoids. Pull out the high power interlock switch to have high power when the coin door is open. One coil out, probably a broken wire at the coil. A bunch of coils out, check their fuse.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

If it is there is some adjustment to the mechanism to increase or decrease the mechanical force.

The only thing would be the rubber grommet at the bottom of the bracket the plunger rests on. If worn or missing, the plunger rides to low in the coil to get a full WHACK when energized.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The only thing would be the rubber grommet at the bottom of the bracket the plunger rests on. If worn or missing, the plunger rides to low in the coil to get a full WHACK when energized.

I was able to change mine a couple years ago to decrease the power by changing the travel distance.
I believe the bracket has oblong screw holds for some minor adjustment.

#9 2 years ago

The problem could be that the scoop weldment is broken.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Is it kicking at all? If it is kicking but is weak there is some adjustment to the mechanism to increase or decrease the mechanical force.

Sometimes it triggers a couple times before it kicks but most of the time it kicks out after the ball search.

#11 2 years ago

Check the welds on the chute.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It seems to kickout just fine after the ball search, so I'm guessing it has the proper power. . I just can't figure out why it doesn't kickout at the right time.

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It seems to kick just fine after the ball search and even sometimes when it's supposed to.

#14 2 years ago

I am not sure with MM but some games have it in the programming to increase power if it fails to kick out a couple of times.

If the welds are broken on the chute then it would likely often not work because the loose metal of the chute would absorb a lot of the power.

I would take the glass off and put the playfield on the service rail and put the ball in several times and watch what is happening up close.

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I had this issue with my MMR. I had the drawbridge cliffy installed and it worked loose and went into the trough. It was interfering with that kickout vuk. Removed the loose cliffy from the trough and it worked great. Maybe you have an obstruction..

Thanks, I'll double check.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You can also check that coil and others in Tests - Solenoids. Pull out the high power interlock switch to have high power when the coin door is open. One coil out, probably a broken wire at the coil. A bunch of coils out, check their fuse.

Thanks, I'll dive deeper.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside