(Topic ID: 70995)

MM = TAF, TFTC, DM, and FT (UPDATE: Now TAF and AC/DC Prem)

By VolunteerPin

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Scroll down for the updated post:

Anyhow, I just got these four titles in yesterday. All have really nice playfields but some cabinet wear to varying degrees. There are a couple of seemingly minor fixes needed on the TFTC and DM.

LEDs are needed to varying degrees also.

So, far, I'm pretty happy with the trade...traded for my Medieval which was in pretty nice shape.

Anyhow, I will be posting a few threads to for some tech help in the next week or so. I just felt like sharing this trade. I know there has been a lot of talk about MM valuation and such, so I hope this thread doesn't go south. That being said, I feel like the value I got out of this trade is pretty decent and probably better than what I could have gotten with an outright sale.

Y'all have a good day.

Darin

#2 10 years ago

Well done with that deal, more pins to spread the luv around,

#3 10 years ago

I'd say you came out pretty good on that trade. All four of those pins are fun and I'm sure the person who traded them was happy as well. Congrats!

#4 10 years ago

He was. He expressed some concern over future valuations but wanted an original MM in nice shape which is exactly what I had.

#5 10 years ago

If your purpose is building value, you did just fine. For me, I would have kept the MM and picked up all those other titles in time. For me it's about the games, not the money.

#6 10 years ago

Congrats on the trade! Sound like you done well.

#7 10 years ago

IMHO, TAF plus FT equals more combined fun than MM. I have owned all 3 and still own TAF and FT FWIW. MM was just too much for me to justify when I needed $$$ for life stuff.

Side note on $ value. DM and TFTC are not keepers and I do not value them very high

so...

Based on your descriptions of the games you got needing some love and your MM being nice

TAF =3500
FT = 2200
TFTC = 1800
DM = 1800
total = 9300

MM=10500 and that is valuing it at the bottom IMHO

All that really matters is that you are both happy but strictly dollarswise you gave up more than you got.

#8 10 years ago

I think you came out ahead honestly. You got some really nice pins for trade and MM is just not that fun to me. You might wanna trade or sell DM, but other than that keep the rest! I have to disagree with Whysnow about TFTC not being a keeper. It's my favorite pin of all time. FT is fun, TAF is amazing! Again, good trade, all that matters is both of you guys are happy with the trade.

#9 10 years ago

There's always that angle that having 4 options to play rather than just 1 is a plus, almost regardless as to what the titles may be. Sure you could come up with a set of 4 crappy pins you wouldn't want to play and say that's not true, but you got 4 good to decent games to replace 1, so that seems like a win to me, as long as you're happy with the deal.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

There's always that angle that having 4 options to play rather than just 1 is a plus, almost regardless as to what the titles may be. Sure you could come up with a set of 4 crappy pins you wouldn't want to play and say that's not true, but you got 4 good to decent games to replace 1, so that seems like a win to me, as long as you're happy with the deal.

Yeah, I'm happy. It is funny how I go back and forth between the desire to simply have more games vs. what kind of value I got out of it. I'll be finishing up a new gameroom addition in the next few months and I have an area which can probably fit 10 or so pins. Part of me just wants to fill it up but the fiscal side of me would rather spend the cash on the high-end dedicated theater which is also being built. I do think the smattering of games I got were a very good 4 to get.

Quoted from jalpert:

If your purpose is building value, you did just fine. For me, I would have kept the MM and picked up all those other titles in time. For me it's about the games, not the money.

I also have MMRLE on pre-order if I decide I want to have an MM in the future as well. Also have a Hobbit on preorder for next year, so will wait and see how all of that pans out.

#11 10 years ago

It's an interesting transaction. Those titles will keep you busy for a few months, but you'll be itching to trade them, even TAF. they are shallow and easy. DM goes for around 1600 and even there, they are hard to sell. TAF between 4 and 5, ft 1800-2400 depending on fade and pf wear, no idea about tftc, but hard to see that one over 2k. One thing you didn't say is what you paid for MM. If you bought it in the past year, this deal suggests you took a big hit, so not a good deal.

#12 10 years ago

MMr deposit returned + a little = HUO Barb wire. For what it's worth.

#13 10 years ago

Sounds like a solid trade.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

TAF =3500
FT = 2200
TFTC = 1800
DM = 1800
total = 9300

I got a TAF a few weeks ago, and at the time there was only one in the entire country selling for less than $4500. It was a sketchy CL post with no pics and mentioned water damage to the cab.

I tried to buy TFTC, and couldn't find one for under $2k.

I don't know as much about the others, but there is the $1200 you came up short right there. I think you made a solid trade, one that will probably look better in time especially since MM is now in a separate category where its price can/has/will change independent of the price of other pins.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It's an interesting transaction. Those titles will keep you busy for a few months, but you'll be itching to trade them, even TAF. they are shallow and easy. DM goes for around 1600 and even there, they are hard to sell. TAF between 4 and 5, ft 1800-2400 depending on fade and pf wear, no idea about tftc, but hard to see that one over 2k. One thing you didn't say is what you paid for MM. If you bought it in the past year, this deal suggests you took a big hit, so not a good deal.

I don't think he has to worry about shallow pins when getting four for one. Even MM gets old after awhile.

#16 10 years ago

addams fam is going 4500 to 6000 all day never 3500 those days are long gone even for a crap one iPad has a hell of a virtual mm for 5.00 just a thought save you 11000

1 month later
#17 10 years ago

Update:

I just traded TFTC, DM and FT for a very nice heavily modded AC/DC Premium from a local pinhead. I've played this pin numerous times and I can say it is very sweet and very dialed in.

So, at the end of the day, I've traded my MM for a TAF and this AC/DC. All-in-all I feel like that has been a very good deal for me, both value wise (with some of the decreased valuations since the MMR announcement) and for my fun factor.

#18 10 years ago

Fun factor, you have gotten more for sure. Value wise, not so much if you paid more than $12k for the MM last year.

#19 10 years ago

Oh, don't get me wrong. I lost money on the MM. I bought it at the very peak of pricing most likely. I went ahead and traded out primarily over concern about the value of MM completely dropping out and the likelihood of either getting the MMRLE which I did pre-order or just picking up one later down the road.

In the overall scheme of things I'm out $2000-$2500 which bites but doesn't kill me. I think it could have been worse.

That said, part of me whishes I would have simply kept the MM as I really did like it. Had I just kept it forever, it would not have really mattered what the value was. Live and learn.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

That said, part of me wishes I would have simply kept the MM as I really did like it. Had I just kept it forever, it would not have really mattered what the value was. Live and learn.

Interestingly enough, I think that's the secret to being happy and staying happy in the hobby. I think in any collection there are permanent pins and those that are just passing through. If MM were a permanent pin and you paid 12K for it, that's like $50/month over a 20 year period. I'd be cool shelling out $50/mo for some MM goodness on tap.

Whether it's better to have more pins or fewer but higher-quality pins is an interesting question.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from swf127:

Interestingly enough, I think that's the secret to being happy and staying happy in the hobby. I think in any collection there are permanent pins and those that are just passing through. If MM were a permanent pin and you paid 12K for it, that's like $50/month over a 20 year period. I'd be cool shelling out $50/mo for some MM goodness on tap.
Whether it's better to have more pins or fewer but higher-quality pins is an interesting question.

Yes, that is a question I wrestle with a lot. As being new in the hobby, I've been trying to learn my desires over the last year. I think my current line up will stay for quite a while. I do have MMRLE and Hobbit on pre-order and currently leaning on keeping both.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 18.95
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,159.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mm-taf-tftc-dm-and-ft and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.