Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image-166.jpg
image.jpg
There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Hi

I have a original MM and purchased the shaker motor kit from Pinbits and it is supposed to do the following actions:

*Power shake on the castle entrance
*Power shake on the catapult launch
*Shakes when castle is destroyed

After installation by my technician, it would ONLY shake after the castle was destroyed, none of the other stuffed worked. I called Pam, who has been AWESOME by the way, and she said she was aware of this problem and she would send me out a new circuit board.

I replaced it with the new board and now it does everything ... EXCEPT ... it still does NOT power shake or do anything at all, when the catapult is launched.

Has anyone purchased this shaker kit from Pinbits and have EVERYTHING working properly as they described on your MM, or are you having the same problems as I am. Please let me know and THANKS in advance.

Dan

#2 9 years ago

I just purchased one and mine will shake on the castle gate hit, but not on the catapult or castle destruction.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from Tortelvis:

I just purchased one and mine will shake on the castle gate hit, but not on the catapult or castle destruction.

Yeah that is NOT good ... the castle destruction part is the best part of that shaker mod. The cabinet really shakes and rumbles a lot. It is a very cool feature.

But for that kind of money we paid for that shaker kit, EVERYTHING should be working properly, as they advertise it to do. I am calling up Pam later today and letting her know it still is NOT correct. I would do the same if I were you. She sames very willing to help until they get everything fixed right.

Let me know if they send you new stuff and you get it working 100%. I will do the same for you. Take care!

#4 9 years ago

Hopefully you keep stupid comments about the amount you paid out of it when you call Pam. It's irrelevant what you paid. If you buy something and it cost $5 or $5 million it should operate like it claims regardless.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Hopefully you keep stupid comments about the amount you paid out of it when you call Pam. It's irrelevant what you paid. If you buy something and it cost $5 or $5 million it should operate like it claims regardless.

That's not really true. If I buy BBQ tongs at the dollar store, for instance, I can expect them to last a year. If I pay $50 for a set at Williams Sonoma, they damn well better last me nearly a lifetime.

#6 9 years ago

But they still better work when you get them.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

My comment was not stupid at all, but I sure feel that the 1st part of yours was ... thanks for bumping the thread anyways!

#8 9 years ago

The one I had worked. Did everything it was supposed to. But never shook like Earthshaker.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

That's not really true. If I buy BBQ tongs at the dollar store, for instance, I can expect them to last a year. If I pay $50 for a set at Williams Sonoma, they damn well better last me nearly a lifetime.

My comment had nothing to do with longevity. It was about operation.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

My comment had nothing to do with longevity. It was about operation.

Point taken. But still...if you pay top dollar for something, you should expect it to work properly. Like the Pinball Bulbs orders I place. Great product, and it should be!

#11 9 years ago

I installed one in my original MM and it only shakes when the castle is destroyed, fails on the other two

#12 9 years ago

I have the shaker on my MM and it works perfectly.
Disclaimer: Pam is awesome!

#13 9 years ago

Mine works as it's supposed to.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The one I had worked. Did everything it was supposed to. But never shook like Earthshaker.

Man, did my old ES ever shake hard. That baby rumbled like a 6.0!! Loved it. ( free bump )
~Steveo

#15 9 years ago

I said Pam was AWESOME before (great customer service) ... she is trying to fix this problem for me. Pinbits is sending out another circuit board to try.

They told me the shaker motor kit is working properly on some MM's and some they are NOT for some reason and they don't understand why this is happening.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I have the shaker on my MM and it works perfectly.
Disclaimer: Pam is awesome!

Could you please send me or post a picture on here, of your MM shaker motor "circuit board" and the 2 connectors that are plugged into it. THANKS!

Dan

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from DB62:

I said Pam was AWESOME before (great customer service) ... she is trying to fix this problem for me. Pinbits is sending out another circuit board to try.
They told me the shaker motor kit is working properly on some MM's and some they are NOT for some reason and they don't understand why this is happening.

Did you pickup their blackout mod for MM as well? Cool light effects by switching the GI inputs.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

Did you pickup their blackout mod for MM as well? Cool light effects by switching the GI inputs.

Yes I did and you are correct ... it is a very cool mod

1 week later
#19 9 years ago

My shaker works fine on castle drawbridge and gate hits. It seems to only shake once when castle is destroyed. It does not work at all with the catapult. I checked all the wiring and and continuity, even diodes on the blue wire catapult signal wire. Guess I better call Pinbits.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

My shaker works fine on castle drawbridge and gate hits. It seems to only shake once when castle is destroyed. It does not work at all with the catapult. I checked all the wiring and and continuity, even diodes on the blue wire catapult signal wire. Guess I better call Pinbits.

Mine is doing the exact same thing. I also had the idea that there could have been a diode put in backwards, so I cut the diodes out and tried to run the signal wires straight through one at a time, and that wasn't it. I also changed my rom from 1.0 to 1.09c, but that didn't do anything either.

#21 9 years ago

I have ROM 1.09c as well. I tried turning the pot on the board but that did not effect anything.

#22 9 years ago

I'm in the same boat as some. Mine only shakes on the castle gate hit. I tried troubleshooting with every method I know, but could never get it to work or figure out the problem. Time to contact Pinbits. Great thread.

1 week later
#23 9 years ago

Chet, Tortelvis, Others,

Any resolution yet?

Thanks

#24 9 years ago

Pinbits sent me a new board that was tested in their MM running ROM version 1.09. I installed the new board but unfortunately my shaker still only shakes on castle hits and just once with castle destruct, and no shake on Catapult launches. I have ROM 1.09c installed so I am going to get a ROM 1.09 and see if that could be the issue. I had to order the ROM and should have it in next day or so. I wil test it and update here with the results. Fingers crossed but not too optimistic at this point.

#25 9 years ago

Same as Chet here. Pinbits sent me a new board and harness, but it still behaves the same. I had rom 1.0 and then ordered a 1.09c, and that didn't make any difference. Not sure what the issue could be?

#26 9 years ago

Same result here too. By chance are either of you using any Rottendog WPC95 replacement boards?

#27 9 years ago

All original boards in my machine.

#28 9 years ago

All original boards in my game also.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from goldpins:

Same result here too. By chance are either of you using any Rottendog WPC95 replacement boards?

I have Rottendog boards in mine.

Dan

#30 9 years ago

Just wondering if that was a common factor that we could explore (the driver board characteristics of Rottendog vs original WPC95). Doesn't sound like it.

#31 9 years ago

I replaced my game ROM 1.09c with a straight 1.09 and tested with the glass off. Same result. Only get one Shaker motor shake on castle hits. No shake on catapult launches and only one shake on castle destruct. No continuous shakes during the castle destruct sequence. This after I installed a new board from Pinbits that was tested working fine in their MM game running ROM 1.09. All my game boards are original boards. Pretty much giving up on this unless someone has any other ideas. Pinbits does not seem to have solved the issue as why the shaker fully functions in some MMs but not in others.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from DB62:

Could you please send me or post a picture on here, of your MM shaker motor "circuit board" and the 2 connectors that are plugged into it. THANKS!
Dan

Missed your post I will take a look tonight..

I get shaker action:
On every castle gate hit
On every catapult launch
Extended shaker action on castle destruction

My MM is a Keller restored game and I believe the shaker was installed by him during the restoration.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Missed your post I will take a look tonight..
I get shaker action:
On every castle gate hit
On every catapult launch
Extended shaker action on castle destruction
My MM is a Keller restored game and I believe the shaker was installed by him during the restoration.

Concretehardt. Your shaker is functioning 100 percent according to what Pam at pinbits says it should do. Discussion with pinbits today. They are doing a code rewrite/revision for the driver board. Not sure when it will be available for testing.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

Concretehardt. Your shaker is functioning 100 percent according to what Pam at pinbits says it should do. Discussion with pinbits today. They are doing a code rewrite/revision for the driver board. Not sure when it will be available for testing.

Not sure this is any help but here is my set up.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#35 9 years ago

Well, that board has some different components than the one I have. I noticed that the jumper is in the other position also. When I change the jumper on my board, the catapult shake works, but it totally knocks out the castle gate optos. Here is a pic of the board I have.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from Tortelvis:

Well, that board has some different components than the one I have. I noticed that the jumper is in the other position also. When I change the jumper on my board, the catapult shake works, but it totally knocks out the castle gate optos. Here is a pic of the board I have.
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Concretehardt, Thanks for posting ... mine is DIFFERENT... mine looks EXACTLT like the one Tortelvis has pictured.

1 month later
#37 8 years ago

Any update here? I just installed the shaker and it is pretty non-existent.

#38 8 years ago

They were doing a code rewrite for the board, but I have not heard anything in the last month.

1 month later
#39 8 years ago

Hoping this topic stays alive, just finished up a MM and looking to put ond of these in once they are available.

#40 8 years ago

Anyone have an update?

#41 8 years ago

I sent Pam at Pinbits a short e-mail a couple weeks ago regarding status of the board code revision but she has not responded.

2 weeks later
#42 8 years ago

Radio Silence continues, still no word/update.

1 week later
#43 8 years ago

Nothing yet here either

8 months later
#44 8 years ago

Mine was not working fully until I switched the jumper to WT ex from 20 V. Now everything works properly. Hope this helps somebody out there

#45 8 years ago

What do you mean by this? I was not able to ever get mine working.

#46 8 years ago

Same here. Not working even after switching in a new shaker driver board. What did you do?

#47 8 years ago

on the pinbits pcb, there is a jumper on the board, move it from 20v to WTX, and check things out

#48 8 years ago

Will look at board and check it out.

1 month later
#49 7 years ago

I moved the jumper on the board over to the adjacent pins on the connector and tested in game play. Shaker motor did not shake at all, even on castle destructs. I moved the jumper back and it shakes, but only on castle destructs but not on catapult launches as has been the case since I have owned the game.

#50 7 years ago

If anyone has a spare, unused or not needed any more shaker kit, Let me know! I'll take it off your hands.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 64.99
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mm-shaker-motor-from-pinbits-problem/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.