(Topic ID: 67192)

MM Standard has DOUBLE HARD COAT. Thank You for listening Rick!

By thedarkknight77

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

family-guy-tossing.gif
$(KGrHqR,!pgFBYBm!81vBQbBZyz(i!~~60_35.JPG
image-126.jpg
300.jpg
MM-bust-LE+Standard.png
Horns.jpg
Unknown.jpeg
images.jpeg
MM-LE+Bust.jpg
There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from SDTM:

The debacle is how are they going to sort out all the orders that were hand written at expo, phoned in orders, or online orders from the same distributors?
That is why no one is allowed to post about it. I bet there are going to be people that ordered early who will not get a game due to some clerical error while some guy that orders a day later from the same place will get one.
The only way I see they can fix it is scrap the LE idea and just make them all the same with the features that were initially announced.

To me that would be the best thing.

Nobody cares that there are 1,000 of this LE - I just want a game. Just making them at all is special enough for me. I don't care if they make 2,000 - I only want one but I want one that is the best it can be. Not one with less clear coat.

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

Nobody cares that there are 1,000 of this LE - I just want a game. Just making them at all is special enough for me. I don't care if they make 2,000 - I only want one but I want one that is the best it can be. Not one with less clear coat.

So this tells me that Rick will, indeed, have the same clear on both versions of the MM remake.

Seemed pretty obvious to me that this would happen. Way too much negative backlash to not do it.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

Well for me, and the fact that is being overlooked, is getting my LE Q2 of 14, not end of '14 for the standard. Huge difference.

#54 10 years ago

OK in spite of my earlier post about not being a fan of the LE thing, if they are going to go with a 2 model approach, then double clear both models, throw some gold mirror blades on the LE (still keeping the shaker and plaque) and drop the price by $250 on the standard. Done!

Sure they are not going to make quite as much but, I would think that would be enough good will to keep the natives from revolting.

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from RogerKlotz27:

What a joke, threatening a company trying to do something from the ground up because you missed out. Get a new hobby guy.

Missed out on what? they are unlimited. Unless you want the fluff trim and what not, but who really cares, you can add that stuff yourself.

personally, this announcement is fantastic. (not that I give a crap about MM), but for the fact that MM prices come down, everything else follows suit. This will pop the bubble and bring things down to a more reasonable price level. Kudo's to Rick!

#56 10 years ago

Something I havent seen mentioned anywhere .....

MMR was announced at Expo. Some people placed orders at expo.

Then the news was announced on Pinside. There were 400-500 people on line.

Not everyone bought one. So maybe half? 250?

Presumably the news was on RPG and other websites too but none of those sites have many visitors compared to Pinside.

So my assumption is that half the machines were either double orders (many said they purchased from 2 distributors) or multiple orders from hoarders/flippers.

Just something I was thinking about ....

rd.

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you can add that stuff yourself...
...Kudo's to Rick!

I'm curious how a Manufacturer's Add on Shop would do?
Extra purchases you can get only from the manufacturer (licensed goods,maybe at a discount with a new machine). Fancy side rails, different translites, pf plastics, etc. Licensed goods that you can only get from JJ, STERN, PP, etc.

So all these dudes make one base game and it's up to US to make it a premium or whatever, mix n match. Go for the translite you like, the trim options you like. etc. To me, that would be more interesting and fun. Fewer machines would be exactly the same.

More money stays in the Manf. pockets, less to flippers(?) Better options? Less LE weirdness(?)

And to the OP, you are going about this all wrong. This announcement is good, not bad. You are going to find more MM's out there to choose from, including one that is right for you and probably will still come NIB if that is what you desire. This news isn't even 48hrs old yet. Let it simmer. (to the other poster, I don't think the OP was around when the Wayne s#!t hit the fan)

#58 10 years ago

Okay, time to get off the pot. Check PPS preorder site. Now says standard comes with double hardcoat. Cease bitching/crying/pissing/moaning.

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Something I havent seen mentioned anywhere .....
MMR was announced at Expo. Some people placed orders at expo.
Then the news was announced on Pinside. There were 400-500 people on line.
Not everyone bought one. So maybe half? 250?
Presumably the news was on RPG and other websites too but none of those sites have many visitors compared to Pinside.
So my assumption is that half the machines were either double orders (many said they purchased from 2 distributors) or multiple orders from hoarders/flippers.
Just something I was thinking about ....
rd.

Distributors were given allocations prior to the announcement

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Okay, time to get off the pot. Check PPS preorder site. Now says standard comes with double hardcoat. Cease bitching/crying/pissing/moaning.

This thread is over............Thank You Rick!

#61 10 years ago

This whole LE thing means certain distributors will hoard almost all LE stock and absolutely gouge customers down the road. Many that thought they would have LEs wrapped up via preorder, will be told they missed out and settle for the standard version.

#62 10 years ago

Just make one model. Who cares its not like LE is limited sell as many as you can

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

300.jpg 19 KB

We can all do it, so let's just stop with the cry baby/name calling pic nonsense ok?image-126.jpgimage-126.jpg// Error: Image 144443 not found //

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

We can all do it, so let's just stop with the cry baby/name calling pic nonsense ok?

image-126.jpg 15 KB

LoL, you posted a douche pic. Made me chuckle.

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

LoL, you posted a douche pic. Made me chuckle.

me too. i had it coming.

that being said, the op really went a little overboard over a god damn layer of clear coat.

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from GreenMeerkat:

From listening to some of his talk, they are figuring this out as they go. I wouldn't at all be surprised if they put the extra clear on the standard editions as well once they see the reaction. As someone who may have scraped in for a limited, I'm only interested in the extra clear and the shaker and really don't give a toss about they "limited" nature of it. Given they cost the same, I think the only difference should be the plaque and possibly the gold trim but y'know, I just want the pin.

+ 1000

Also, I believe there is 100% error in that some like me ordered a LE but am in the dark if they have the numbers from the place I ordered or not. I believe at least we should get a shaker at same price, not our fault we got in the wrong line, I didn't even know there were other lines.

Just believe that would be the fair and honest thing to do.

Personally I may even be LE don't know yet, but I would just as soon do away will the whole LE nonsense.

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Who is going to be flipping these games?

They are making as many as they can sell.

Thousands more with no limits.

They are doubling the pool of MMs in the world.

How is anyone going to flip these?

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

sorry, couldn't help myself.

$(KGrHqR,!pgFBYBm!81vBQbBZyz(i!~~60_35.JPG$(KGrHqR,!pgFBYBm!81vBQbBZyz(i!~~60_35.JPG
#70 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Exactly... I can't believe some are losing sleep over this.

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from RogerKlotz27:

What a joke, threatening a company trying to do something from the ground up because you missed out. Get a new hobby guy.

Is the joke less funny or more funny than PPS warning people not to talk about their orders or they may lose their machine? Because that's a pretty f*cking funny joke.

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

We can all do it, so let's just stop with the cry baby/name calling pic nonsense ok?

image-126.jpg 15 KB

Lol. Spit take right there!

#73 10 years ago

Rick said late last night that he is headed back to California today and will start organizing all orders etc and working on confirmations. Give the guy time, a lot happened in the last two days.

We also asked him about overselling and he basically said that he will make everything right if there are any issues. Everyone just crack a beer and relax.

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

RogerKlotz27 said:

Is the joke less funny or more funny than PPS warning people not to talk about their orders or they may lose their machine? Because that's a pretty f*cking funny joke.

The funny thing is, I got an LE. This guy assumes because I am fighting for what is right that I "missed out". Whatever happened to people just being decent? Can you imagine this type of person if there was ever a food shortage???

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

The funny thing is, I got an LE. This guy assumes because I am fighting for what is right that I "missed out". Whatever happened to people just being decent?

kudos to you, tdk77. sorry about the no more tears thing. you did go a little crazy but it looks you did it for an admirable cause.

#76 10 years ago

I'm hearing the le now will have 3 coats and a can of varathane

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

sorry, couldn't help myself.

$(KGrHqR,!pgFBYBm!81vBQbBZyz(i!~... 10 KB

now if that was a metallica flipper button, the button part would be laying halfway across the table from the base.

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'm gunna flip one!.... Flip one right into my game room and then play the crap out of it until my fingers bleed or my knees give out

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

For an Extra $200, you can have your lockdown bar Teabagged by BangerJ and I.

I would never wash that lock down bar.

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I would never wash that lock down bar.

family-guy-tossing.giffamily-guy-tossing.gif

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 64.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mm-remake-will-go-down-as-the-biggest-debacle-in-pinball-history/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.