(Topic ID: 66973)

MM Remake = 'pin' that popped the bubble?

By Don1

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by iceman44
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Prices will continue.... ??”

• Prices will rise slightly 2 votes
    4%
  • Prices will hold 15 votes
    29%
  • Prices will fall slightly 22 votes
    43%
  • The end is near, head for the hills 12 votes
    24%

(51 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 10 years ago

Since MM seems to have been a leading market indicator for pricing, does this mean prices have peaked? Will we see $3500 Stern pros in another year and $1500 B-list pricing?

What are your thoughts?

(There are likely a dozen new threads on this topic, I didn't find one on the front page )

((Oh, and someone buy my SWEP1 before they announce a Pin2k remake lol ))

#2 10 years ago

I told you guys I felt the market shift on Wednesday.

#3 10 years ago

No you said you felt 'it' shift on Wednesday, we all just assumed... well...

#4 10 years ago

i was so sick of seeing the price going up every 3 months on this pin, when you see a pin going for 14K+ with nothing special added to it is just insane and killing the hobby.
i say it's about time.
like someone said this is pinball not wallstreet!

#5 10 years ago

BUT SUZANNE RESEARCHED THIS!!

#6 10 years ago

If the prize at expo is any indicator of costs vs sales ($2500 prize or a new stern), me thinks that stern profits $1500 from each pro, and each dealer makes $250-$500. I don't see any margins being skimmed on the pros. The premiums perhaps.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Don1:

No you said you felt 'it' shift on Wednesday, we all just assumed... well...

Well, that too.....

#8 10 years ago

So the fact that a thousand or more people just shelled out $8k for a pin is reason to believe that the overall pin market will *fall*?

If anything it would seem to support the fact that the market *will* bear NIB prices of $8k. MM Repro, WoZ, TH, STLE etc.

I guess one could argue that with people shelling out $8k for the new MM it means that there will be less money available to buy other pins, but that argument has been made before and never comes to fruition.

#9 10 years ago

MM,CC,MB, have all experienced a disproportionate price increase compared to other top 20 pins. Chart each over the last 4 years. Makes perfect since that these are reproduced with current improvements regarding electronics and lighting , with pricing consistent with NIB LEs . This is a great opportunity for many to add quality examples of these games. MM first, maybe the others later.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

new MM it means that there will be less money available to buy other pins

Certainly true in my case, Rob. It's one thing to buy a $2k pin on impulse. It's quite another thing to buy multiple $7k+ pins in a single year. I am at my limit, I think, and I am willing to bet that is true for many others.

#11 10 years ago

I'm sure if I already owned one I'd be a little upset but I'd still have one-so whats the down side. If it's your business to buy and sell pins I'm sure this is hard to swallow but it's a risk vs. reward business.

Even at 8 grand I still cant buy one so it just makes for interesting reading to me. It does make it seem a little more possible to own one some day so my interest in the hobby will be a little stronger.

I hope they do some more pins and pricwes go down more so we can all enjoy having one or two of our "Grail" games

#12 10 years ago

BBB next ?

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Certainly true in my case, Rob. It's one thing to buy a $2k pin on impulse. It's quite another thing to buy multiple $7k+ pins in a single year. I am at my limit, I think, and I am willing to bet that is true for many others.

Hobo.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Yep, I understand. But like I said, that argument has been made before, and yet the declining pin price prediction has never come true yet.

People being limited by space (not money) is the other argument that is made. And that's certainly the case for me. I'm completely out of room, so it doesn't matter how much money I have to spend on a pin. I can only do so if I sell one. If that were the case for all of us, prices would go down. But they haven't.

#15 10 years ago

I am certainly wishing all of the existing and new companies every success. I just have to be realistic. The nice thing is that there are a few good places to play pins in NC, although the best is still a few hours away. As long as I can get the chance to play the pins I want to play, I can be satisfied.

#16 10 years ago

I sold my beautiful MM a year ago (and too cheap). But I did not feel comfortable having a game in a game room that could be devalued by $2000 if someone with a keychain on their jeans walked past it and put a gouge in the side. I did the same with Tron LE for the same reason.
It will be nice to have games that don't turn into such collector's items and only have games that you can always buy parts for (and updated parts at that). On the other hand...there are only 1000 of these new LE games being made. Technically speaking they will be more rare than the un-numbered 4000+ games that have already been made. Hmm....this new bubble could be bigger than the last one!

#17 10 years ago

?????? They are already sold out?? I just heard about it. Who are the distributors?

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Don1:

Since MM seems to have been a leading market indicator for pricing, does this mean prices have peaked? Will we see $3500 Stern pros in another year and $1500 B-list pricing?
What are your thoughts?
(There are likely a dozen new threads on this topic, I didn't find one on the front page )
((Oh, and someone buy my SWEP1 before they announce a Pin2k remake lol ))

Don, i think you and i bought our MM's at the same time.
Everytime i see you post about MM, it's about the joy it brings to you and your family.
So this pin will not leave anytime soon, i assume.
For me it was (and is my grail) so my intention is to never sell it. So if it 14k or 3k, doesn't matter, i am not selling.
You get a loss or a profit, if you are selling or buying. Meantime it's fun, and that's why i bought it for!

I don't see pins as an investment at all, just a hobby which makes me and my family happy

Only thing i see is a thousend households more, who can enjoy this fantastic pin !

(PS not much bashing on MM today, that's a first )

#19 10 years ago

I don't about bubble. But 1000 $8k preorders just got dumped into the pin market. We are going to find out how much it can bear.

#20 10 years ago

That's another $8,000,000.....how much is shifting dollars, credit etc.....

I think we will see an increasing amount of FS threads and lowering prices from a big % of people that just want to shift money from older titles to this one....of course there will be "new money" as well, only a grand down for a look see.....

I will go back to Pinballz and spend a lot more time on it now to see if its something I'll even want to follow through with.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.99
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mm-remake-pin-that-popped-the-bubble and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.