• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_1046.JPG
DSC_1044.JPG
#1 11 years ago

Many of you may have seen the MM that was posted by Pinny80 from the Netherlands and wanted to know whether or not the game was real or not. Well after sending the money I was really hoping it was real myself. Pinny80 (Roel) did a great job of assuring me everything was on the up and up by either sending specific pictures I requested or answering the many emails I sent with various questions. Last week when he was getting the game ready to package he even graciously sent pictures of the game being put on the pallet and boxed up.
Last Monday the game was picked up by TNT Express shipping Co. and within three days travelled all the way from the Netherlands to the US. The estimated delivery was set for Thursday, but due to a blizzard in the Midwest the delivery was delayed until Friday. The delivery went off without too many problems except the semi wasn't set up with a lift gate and would only be able to back up at the bottom of my driveway. Lucky for me my Escalera has a forklift attachment that made getting it out of the semi a breeze. During shipping one of the straps attaching the game to the pallet snapped, but damage was very minor, just a few chips in the cabinet. I still plan on filing a damage report, who know maybe I'll be able to get enough for new cabinet decals.
The next day I had some friends over for an unveiling and within 10 minutes we had the voltage converted to 120V and were playing the rest of the night. The game was exactly as Pinny80 described and I can honestly say I'm probably as excited as any kid around Christmas right now that I have my ultimate toy.
The only unfortunate thing of the game is it means I am one machine over the space my basement arcade can accommodate so one of the games is going to have to go soon unless I can get creative.

#2 11 years ago

Arcade shot

DSC_1044.JPGDSC_1044.JPG

#3 11 years ago

Front shot

DSC_1046.JPGDSC_1046.JPG

#5 11 years ago

That's great to hear. You got a killer deal since it worked. With all the scammers out there now I'm glad to see pinny80 is not one of them. He took a bit of a beating at first but took it as an adult and in the end he sold his pin and made someone else very happy.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

That's great to hear. You got a killer deal since it worked. With all the scammers out there now I'm glad to see pinny80 is not one of them. He took a bit of a beating at first but took it as an adult and in the end he sold his pin and made someone else very happy.

Yeah, people were a little brutal in the beginning. Pinny80 was always very honest with any questions or doubt that was raised by people. He really went above and beyond what a seller usually would go through for a smooth sale.

#7 11 years ago

Congrats on the new purchase!
Can you tell me: is the PF pretty mint, or is there much wear on it? I think you mentioned that you're planning on restoring this one?
Wondering how it plays -are the flippers beat, or is everything in pretty good shape?
I'm curious to know if this one could sit as is in your games room, or whether it's a project to bring it up to average or better condition. Looks pretty good from the pics.
Have fun!

#8 11 years ago

Nice deal, glad it worked out.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Congrats on the new purchase!
Can you tell me: is the PF pretty mint, or is there much wear on it? I think you mentioned that you're planning on restoring this one?
Wondering how it plays -are the flippers beat, or is everything in pretty good shape?
I'm curious to know if this one could sit as is in your games room, or whether it's a project to bring it up to average or better condition. Looks pretty good from the pics.
Have fun!

I wouldn't say the PF is mint, there is a very small spot of wear near the scrolls where the left flipper wore a little, but it is very, very minor. There is another small spot I will touchup eventually on the "Super Jets" insert. I've already got new decals to replace the troll decals, and castle gate which will be the biggest improvement of the game. The game was really rewire to US voltage, plug and play. Once I do a shop job on it I can tweak a few things to make it really play like lightning, but what more can you ask of a game that travelled a few thousand miles?

#10 11 years ago

Oh man I'm happy for ya and just a bit jealous. Enjoy!

#11 11 years ago

Great to hear the deal worked out. Awesome mm

#12 11 years ago

Thanks for posting this. I read the other thread the other day and was kind of concerned for you. I'm very glad to hear it worked out just fine.

A little off topic: I really like the TZ banner/poster thing you made.

#13 11 years ago

That is awesome glad it arrived safe and you are set for a great holiday. If you sell
The one I pm'd you about a while back let me know. Have an awesome holiday and storm the castle a few times for me. Now go get totally medieval.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

Thanks for posting this. I read the other thread the other day and was kind of concerned for you. I'm very glad to hear it worked out just fine.
A little off topic: I really like the TZ banner/poster thing you made.

Nobody is more glad it all worked out than me. The TZ art on the wall there is actually a prototype sample art mounted on cabinet plywood by Williams. Before I thought I'd ever be able to get a TZ I found that and thought it would at least look good next to my EATPM.

#15 11 years ago

awesome, congrats

#16 11 years ago

Conngrats and glad it arrive safe!

Does the below mean you are taking offers on the others ???

Quoted from merfeldma:

The only unfortunate thing of the game is it means I am one machine over the space my basement arcade can accommodate so one of the games is going to have to go soon unless I can get creative.

#17 11 years ago

Glad it worked out, and glad you have a MM! Enjoy, it is a lot of fun.

#18 11 years ago

Awesome. Great pickup. I was hesitant on this and glad it worked out. I have one coming from the West Coast today

#19 11 years ago

Congratulations! Merry X-mas!

#20 11 years ago

Awesome deal man! So glad this worked out, I hope it opens some doors for me and others into the euro market. My fear of dealing overseas has dipped due to this transaction.

#21 11 years ago

Sorry about the space prob, maybe I can help you out by taking that mm off your hands once you get sick of it , and send it waukesha way, congrats on your/my grail pin. Have a daughter up in minneapolis, seems like I'll have to try and connect with some of the pinside minnesota contingent in the future.

#22 11 years ago

Did you have any issues with customs? Did you hire a broker or anyone else to help get it through customs? Would you mind sharing with us what the transportation costs were (shipping, freighting, etc)?

The reason I ask is a friend of mine recently did the same thing and he ran into all kinds of problems with the customs folks. The games sat in their warehouse for quite some time and they forced him to hire an agent to get the games out. It was ugly and expensive.

Dave

#23 11 years ago

Congrats! Pin looks awesome!

#24 11 years ago

Wow man, Fuckin'. A. Merry Christmas!

I told my wife, "Hey honey, there's this guy on Pinside selling a Madness for an almost too good to be true price. He seems on the up and up. I mean, the price is amazing." She said, "Uh huh. What's the catch?"

"Oh, well, just that it's in the Netherlands." And she just looked at me.

#25 11 years ago

When I've purchased games overseas (including a MM!), clearing them through Customs was a breeze. They were made in the US, and can return to the US duty-free for personal use.

I always took a flyer to US Customs at the Indianapolis International Airport, and the customs guys never batted an eye.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

When I've purchased games overseas (including a MM!), clearing them through Customs was a breeze. They were made in the US, and can return to the US duty-free for personal use.
I always took a flyer to US Customs at the Indianapolis International Airport, and the customs guys never batted an eye.

I can agree, my game had no problems making it through customs. There was a sticker on the outer box that the game was x-rayed. Since these games were made in the US there was no customs charges or taxes that I needed to worry about.
I wish that I could answer a whole lot more about the shipping process and total price, but Pinny80 handled all of the shipping for me. I do know that he used a company called TNT Express however.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Conngrats and glad it arrive safe!
Does the below mean you are taking offers on the others ???

I haven't decided what game will need to go, but hearing offers never hurts to help make a decision.

#28 11 years ago

Hi guys,

Always great to get positive feedback!!
I just did what I think is "normal" when selling a game. Because I have learned it the hard way.... I know what it is worth being informed about all questions. And that can be a lot
Anyways, I will contact the shipping company to inform about the final delivery and why it was done without a lift gate.. I did discuss it with them, and they agreed on sending a truck with a lift. Did they think people can just carry a packed machine with 4 arms?
But that's that. I am glad Matt is happy with the Medieval Congrats Matt!!! I know how it feels, getting the holy grail of pinball
Moreover, I have received many requests of guys (here on the forum) also searching for a Medieval (or other games).
Off course I can help you finding your machine! Still have some left

Anyways, thanks for the positive feedback!

Have a great Christmas Eve!!!

Best regards, Roel!

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from merfeldma:

I haven't decided what game will need to go, but hearing offers never hurts to help make a decision.

DM is the only thing in my price range and I have been wanting a widebody. LMK if this is one you want to get rid of?

#30 11 years ago

So it sounds like my friend, who re-imported 3 MMs, got the total screw job from the customs people in Chicago then. I believe they made him declare their "true" value and then charged him to bring the games into the US. He also had to hire a customs agent to get the games out of the customs warehouse. So, what started out as a good deal on 3 games ended up not being such a great deal because of the hassle with customs. Do you think it's a Chicago thing or was he someone they just took advantage of?

Dave

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

So it sounds like my friend, who re-imported 3 MMs, got the total screw job from the customs people in Chicago then. I believe they made him declare their "true" value and then charged him to bring the games into the US. He also had to hire a customs agent to get the games out of the customs warehouse. So, what started out as a good deal on 3 games ended up not being such a great deal because of the hassle with customs. Do you think it's a Chicago thing or was he someone they just took advantage of?
Dave

I think the key might be personal use as mentioned. Since there were 3 of the same title that kind of throws it out of personal use I would guess. Probably wouldn't have been an issue if they were shipped seperately at different times?

Just a guess.....

#32 11 years ago

Great score on that MM! Nice that everyone involved is happy. Plus, it's given Roel the cred that he deserves. Merry Christmas indeed!
Doc

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

DM is the only thing in my price range and I have been wanting a widebody. LMK if this is one you want to get rid of?

PM Sent

#34 11 years ago

Its cool to see there are deals like this can and do work out over very long distances like that. Thumbs up deffinetly have to go to Roel for taking it from the Pinsiders and being a trooper about it. In that other thread, it showed a photo of another MM in the backround of one of the shots. I call dibs on the other MM Roel if the time ever comes you want to sell.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

Dave

Probably personal use as mentioned elsewhere. I've never brought in more than 1 pin at a time myself. I bought some games that were shipped in a container that a friend in Germany had sent to Chicago, and the price included shipping and everything, so I'm not sure how much that transaction cost. When I brought my games in, it was cheaper to buy them and ship them than it was to buy equivalent games stateside.

The minute you bring more than 1 of them in, it suddenly starts to look 'commercial' in nature. Different rules apply there I guess.

#36 11 years ago

Cool! How much was shipping?

#37 11 years ago

Congrats. I bought a Centaur from the Netherlands ten years ago. It costs $1000 for two truck pickups, shipping, customs handling, train and truck to my house. It was pretty cool to track and final bill matched quote.

How are prices now and what type of transport did it take?

#38 11 years ago

I shipped a 40' conex from near Cambridge, UK to the middle of Illinois and it was $4,300 door to door. That was customs and all.

#39 11 years ago

Thanks for the input on my friend's expereince. In the future, should he do this again, I'll have to advise him to have them shipped one at a time, and perhaps over a period of a few weeks, so as to not be ambushed like he was last time.

I still think someone was trying to give him the business though as it sounded pretty fishy.

Dave

#40 11 years ago

Thanks for posting this Matt. I was totally curious as to how it would turn out. I've emailed with Roel a bunch and he is for sure a straight up guy.

#41 11 years ago

Congrats!

So how much is shipping from The Netherlands?

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

Thanks for the input on my friend's expereince. In the future, should he do this again, I'll have to advise him to have them shipped one at a time, and perhaps over a period of a few weeks, so as to not be ambushed like he was last time.
I still think someone was trying to give him the business though as it sounded pretty fishy.
Dave

In the future just have your friend keep this number handy for reference.

That is the number assigned for the classification of pinball machines that accept coins manufactured in the US. According to the harmonized tariff schedule a pinball machine does not pay tariff fees. I imported a few machines and had a customs broker handle the transaction. He gave me that info should I import future machines on my own.

#43 11 years ago

Cool story, Matt! Congrats! Nice score

#44 11 years ago

Thanks CardFelon...I'm thinking he might re-import games in the future as he's from Brazil and has contacts there. He's pretty sour right now on the process but if he could do it again in the future without issues it would be a good thing.

Dave

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 64.99
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mm-received-from-the-netherlands and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.