Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-7.jpg
cl joke.jpg
Capture.JPG
troll2.jpg
cleavage.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tonycip.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

someone who ordered a new one could be dead by the time it comes out. the value of original mm is unaffected until the new ones roll off the line. the anticipation of supply and supply are two completely different things. i wouldn't want a remake as my restored mm, which is never leaving, is awesome. but the idea that orig mm is now $7500 when the remake is a year away is ridiculous.

OR..people are smart enough to see the supply coming and want to sell now and take a smaller hit rather then wait and loose a lot more when there here, that’s my take.. I would buy a brand new one for 8k before I bought a used old one... were not talking classic cars here. or as my TZ says.."Its only pinball".. flame suit on just in case..

#37 10 years ago

ebay isn’t the best barometer of pin value.. look up shill bidding. it happens all the time to inflate the value .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shill

#39 10 years ago

Check this one out. Go to the original listing and see who won it, the bidder has an 11 feedback and hasn’t bid on anything in 6 months .The guy tried to sell this for 2500. and no bites so he re listed it low and tried to bid it up .he couldn’t get what he wanted and I believe just bought it back .now all he has to do is cancel the sale.that's what it looks like.

ebay.com link: itm

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

I know that ebay isn't the best barometer of pin value. I also don't believe that shill bidding is a frequent as some would have you believe.
"eBay is actually very good at catching shill bidding on its first occurrence. Remember, all of eBay's member information is their database, where they have access to real names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, credit card numbers, bank accounts, IP addresses (and, by extension, location data about a member's whereabouts) and the item listings (including photo files, commonly used phrases, habitual misspellings, punctuation idiosyncrasies... you get the idea) posted by members, available for rapid, potentially even automatic cross-referencing. Shill bidding (including bidding by family and friends) is forbidden on eBay, and it's not easy to pull the wool over eBay's eyes. Just ask the frustrated former sellers out there that have left eBay after being suspended (often for things like placing a first shill bid) and have since tried to create new Bay accounts with new identities and new banking details, only to find that eBay seems to somehow immediately figure out who they are and suspends them again. (If you're a seller that's just been suspended, don't try this—you'll quickly learn just how good and how automatic eBay's site policing can be. Work to get reinstated through regular channels instead.)"

Well I don’t think E Bay is that interested in stopping it. it brings in more money to them in fee's, and I know people who do it not on pinball machines but everyday item's you would think that they would be more concerned with the back door deals that cut them out of transactions that goes on all the time as well.(just my 2cents)

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Since everyone says prices are dropping my MM is being sold for $5k cash money!

its the only prudent thing to do..

#127 10 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

To counter stories that prices on MM's have popped and should be $7.5k, what happends if MMr is not exactly the same as MM? Would it suddenly plunge to $5k while the price of a restored MM shoots back to $15k overnight? It could happen, although I am hoping MMR is sucessful. The point is you can speculate all you want, but saying that non-routed MM's or those in above average condition are selling for under is $9k is speculative. Most of those that have sold for less than this were pins off route or average condition pins without mods or quality restoration. Those are more apt to hold the line and continue to hold their value.
The one thing that has me perplexed is that most people will be waiting a year+ to get their machines and yet many express that they expect to see their pin early next year.
Once PPS starts assebling a few games they will discover a number of tweaks are needed to iron out the rough edges. As this period stretches out, some lose patience and start complaining. This results in concern and some people will drop out. This is usually followed by lack of communication by the manufacturere and finally an email is issued that chronicals the delays and promises the fixes are at hand. Then panic sets in and more people jump ship. As the game starts shipping, people start discovering little things that need more tweaking. By now the games that were going to ship 2Q14 are now planned for 3Q15. People become despondent and more drop out. Those that remain committed and eventually receive their games are happy but feel battered. They will rate MMr as 10.0. Those that dropped out becuase of concern or got a bad taste in their mouth either have moved on or bought an original MM and will rate MMr a 1.0. A lot more threads abour MMr will be started and much bs slung before the end. That is until the next pinball story hits, and soon the young kids are asking what was MMr like daddy?
Guess my skepticism is showing tonight.

Spoken like a true MM owner.! look at it this way if you don't ever sell it, you wont lose any money

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wolcott, CT
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tonycip.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mm-prices-dropping?tu=tonycip and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.