Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-7.jpg
cl joke.jpg
Capture.JPG
troll2.jpg
cleavage.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jalpert.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#82 10 years ago

If MM14 is a success, MM prices will tank. If MM14 has issues and isn't liked, I see MM going even higher than it was before the announcement.

You couldn't touch a decent routed MM for under $10K before MM14 was announced. Now, they are up every other week for $8K. 20%+ decrease says they prices have already tanked in my opinion but we'll see.

#128 10 years ago

What if the MM14 looks, plays and feels exactly like an original? If it's a home run, it's going to be very hard to get even $8k or $7k for MM's that are routed, the ones that were going for $10k - $12k before the annoucement. If MM14 is a home run, it's not unreasonable to see routed, but pretty decent MM's go for $5K or $6K. Why pay $5,500 for a routed and beat MM if there are HUO MM14's on the market for $6,250ish?

Of course, who knows what the HUO will be on MM14, but all this seams reasonable.

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

To counter stories that prices on MM's have popped and should be $7.5k, what happends if MMr is not exactly the same as MM? Would it suddenly plunge to $5k while the price of a restored MM shoots back to $15k overnight?

Not true. The first game is scheduled to ship June 30th at the latest. By Ricks estimate it will take about 6 months to build the games. At the very long end of the estimate of time, it's about a year. But on the short end the games should all be shipped by the end of the September which would have over half the games delivered by june 30th. A year+ is exagurating.

The one thing that has me perplexed is that most people will be waiting a year+ to get their machines and yet many express that they expect to see their pin early next year.

Where do you come up with this shit? Probably the same place you came up with the idea to put the DM handle grips on other games.

Once PPS starts assebling a few games they will discover a number of tweaks are needed to iron out the rough edges. As this period stretches out, some lose patience and start complaining. This results in concern and some people will drop out. This is usually followed by lack of communication by the manufacturere and finally an email is issued that chronicals the delays and promises the fixes are at hand. Then panic sets in and more people jump ship. As the game starts shipping, people start discovering little things that need more tweaking. By now the games that were going to ship 2Q14 are now planned for 3Q15. People become despondent and more drop out. Those that remain committed and eventually receive their games are happy but feel battered. They will rate MMr as 10.0. Those that dropped out becuase of concern or got a bad taste in their mouth either have moved on or bought an original MM and will rate MMr a 1.0. A lot more threads abour MMr will be started and much bs slung before the end. That is until the next pinball story hits, and soon the young kids are asking what was MMr like daddy?

#130 10 years ago

Yes, I am relying on PPS estimates. I'm one of those people who trust people based on reputation and logic. Sure, they might be 2 years late for all I know, but I prefer people make mistakes before I convict them of things

I'm not going to explain why MM14 is not like any of those projects you listed.

Buy my best argument, some guy in his workshop on Pinside was able to source all the parts and build an MM from scratch in 3 months. If he can do it in 3, PPS can do 1,000 in 9-12 months with an assembly line. I'm not dumb though, it doesn't mean it'll go down like that.

I hope you are not relying on estimates by manufacturer. PPS has given their best guess and it could prove true. But if it goes down like every other big project listed to date - BBB, WOZ, Magic Girl, ZA, Predator, Matrix - it will take much longer than planned. Best guess is to add one year.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 64.99
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jalpert.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mm-prices-dropping?tu=jalpert and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.