Topic Stats

• 138 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by ovfdfireman
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-7.jpg
cl joke.jpg
Capture.JPG
troll2.jpg
cleavage.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Word on the street is that MM prices are taking a nosedive due to the 'new' run...I heard they are selling here for $7500-9K...At least, thats what's being said over on KLOV...
Any truth to that?

welcome to 3 months ago. yes it's true and yes the bubble is bursting. So if you have a hoard of them, it's time to unload before nobody wants used ones anymore.

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Er, not a good comparison. Action #1 $2.5M......Action #1 Repro $5.00!
Original MM $10K.....reproMM $8k

Plus you can't use comics in comparison to pinball, as the pinball market is pretty much opposite to any other collector market.

In pinball......

YOu never want to first ones off the line as they are plagued with problems

Newer the game, the more desirable and odds are worth more than older games. New sterns, compare with old dmds (rare exceptions) , compared to early SS's (rare exceptions) compared to EM's (rare exceptions).

You can't have a grading system because there are 100's of aspects that have to be taken in consideration. (comics and coins only have a few)

You need to have some sort of repair skill, or your "hobby" will cost you a ton to keep going. Comics and Coins do not require any skill to own.

Just because it's rare doesn't mean it's worth much money. Rare usually means it sucked and nobody wanted it in the first place. Some of the most widely produced games, are still worth a good chunk of change.

These are a few of the things that make pinball collecting pretty much the opposite of anything else.

#75 5 years ago

and that would be someone screwing with the pinball community. Can't tell me that "boyfriend" wouldn't know he had one in storage or it's value. guys know better than to give the girlfriend the job of selling off stuff.

#77 5 years ago

I like the backglass better than MM's for sure. I'd pay $300 for that aladdins castle.

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You bought for the right reason.
There are people who are resentful of the MMr.
There are people who are overjoyed about the MMr.
And there are people gloating that the flippers who were sitting on 4 MM lost their pants.

I would fall into category 3 on that one. I have no problems with flippers, but seriously, how greedy do you have to be if you didn't dump your stock 8 months ago when they were going for 15k? If you didn't unload then, your just too damn greedy at that point and deserve to have the game tank. Plus, you wouldn't be a smart business man, as most that know better, know we are in a bubble and it wasn't going to last long.

#132 5 years ago

on the same token, what if the remake is superior? Then the heavily used ones will tank even more. Goes both ways.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside