Topic Stats

• 138 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by ovfdfireman
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-7.jpg
cl joke.jpg
Capture.JPG
troll2.jpg
cleavage.jpg

There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 5 years ago

There's a MM for sale in Pittsburgh right now fro $8250..been up for a few days now

Quoted from Concretehardt:

A nice one just got scooped off Craigslist here by a fellow Pinsider for 8k

#52 5 years ago

I wouldn't trade my in for a new MMr

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveB:

No. It is the same. Just like a reproduction of action comics #1 is the same as the original so it should be worth the same as well.

Er, not a good comparison. Action #1 $2.5M......Action #1 Repro $5.00!
Original MM $10K.....reproMM $8k

#54 5 years ago

There was a MM on Ebay restored by Treasure Cove that never reached the reserve it made it up to $9,600 and stalled never sold that's less than half that they used to get for a resto Wow a lot has changed since the announcement of the new MM

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

There's a MM for sale in Pittsburgh right now fro $8250..been up for a few days now

Yes I live in Penn. I talked to him he said that he would take $7,800 for it ,it was routed years ago has no scroll wear slight wear around Merlin hole.

#56 5 years ago

Buy her up

#57 5 years ago

Galagamaster has no desire to buy an MM. He hates MM and rated it a 1 on IPDB.

http://www.ipdb.org/rate/showuserrate.pl?uid=30001

In fact, 53% of his ratings on IPDB are either a 1 or a 2. Therefore, he probably doesn't like pinball much at all.

#58 5 years ago

If I could find a nice MM in Oregon for a decent price I would consider canceling my MMr and buying just because I don't want to wait for MMr (I'm already waiting on RAZA and Hobbit)

Disclaimer: waiting is hard!

#59 5 years ago

If I could find a nice MM in Oregon for a decent price I would consider canceling my MMr and buying just because I don't want to wait for MMr (I'm already waiting on RAZA and Hobbit)

Don't worry big guy. You got a shiny new toy coming, and it'll keep you entertained for a while.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Don't worry big guy. You got a shiny new toy coming, and it'll keep you entertained for a while.

G,
I am having a hard time waiting for that one too! I am getting impatient in my old age!

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Galagamaster has no desire to buy an MM. He hates MM and rated it a 1 on IPDB.
http://www.ipdb.org/rate/showuserrate.pl?uid=30001
In fact, 53% of his ratings on IPDB are either a 1 or a 2. Therefore, he probably doesn't like pinball much at all.

If he hates pinball then why is he always on here ,I think it's because too bug all of us

#62 5 years ago

Come buy my MM, its in great shape. Only 12k!

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Come buy my MM, its in great shape. Only 12k!

Deal! (But you have to throw in your AFM with it )

#64 5 years ago

Okay I think this circular argument is pretty simple. Some that currently own a MM don't want it to go down in value so they call the MMR names and harshly criticize it. Those that are buying it can't believe they have an opportunity to get a NIB MMR with updated hardware and can't imagine paying more than $8K for a 20 year old pin when they have this opportunity.

Look guys it's okay to love your MM and not be willing to trade it for a NIB MMR and it's just as okay that MMR buyers would much rather have a NIB MMR than pay just as much if not more for a 20 year old pin. Will the price come down a bit for original MM? Probably but I doubt it will tank we will just have to see. The positive of this whole situation is more pinheads new and old to the hobby will get to play one of the best pins of all time.

#65 5 years ago

Deal! (But you have to throw in your AFM with it )

Another 8k and they are yours!

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Some that currently own a MM don't want it to go down in value so they call the MMR names and harshly criticize it.

They can do that until they're blue in the face, won't change the facts. Prices are already down, across the board, and they're not going to spring back up. They just won't. Too many nice new games coming out that people want, prices for 20 year old games aren't gonna spring back in the face of that. I say that as a lover of 90s Williams/Bally, but it's just the truth.

#67 5 years ago

So, this one must priced a little high....

Capture.JPG
#68 5 years ago
Quoted from galagamaster:

There was a MM on Ebay restored by Treasure Cove that never reached the reserve it made it up to $9,600 and stalled never sold that's less than half that they used to get for a resto Wow a lot has changed since the announcement of the new MM

Not sure what you're talking about?

The auction still has 1 day and 2 hours left; current bid $10,099/reserve still not met:

ebay.com link » Medieval Madness Pinball Machine Clearcoated W Leds A

#69 5 years ago

Time will tell when the new MM come out

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

As for this dumb discussion:

The FOR SURE reason they will tank is simple. What is a good avg MM worth? Who cares really, but in comparison, what is a totally restored machine worth, new decals, cc’d PF, all parts rebuilt, cleaned, boards gone through? Sounds puuuurrdy right?! Much more right...? Super!

Let’s take that to the next level, an over the top restore, not just new decals, but scrapping the whole cab, brand new cab, new decals, all parts not only thoroughly cleaned, but replaced with brand new, all new switches, new wire looms, new PF, new plastics, absolutely everything new... god can you imagine the price for that before all of this?

That latter scenario is what you’re now getting with PPS, and probably a better system to boot. But please owners, continue to tell me how it is “original” is going to be worth another $5-10K on top of the $8 PPS is charging to anyone after this for your whatever state MM. Only a complete idiot would buy yours for more when they could get the above scenario, likely with some type of warranty to boot, if and when these are released.

Don’t harp on the one thing you can being the unknown board set and software. The four most common issues with boards, bad GI connector, 5v dropping via connectors, battery leakage, and failing HV section have ***ALL*** been easily fixed already in the boards. This is such a piss poor argument in trying to substantiate your original goldmine value, sorry (no, no I’m not sorry – PISS POOR!)

Can you feel the choking up?... oh, here it comes, sniffle sniffle....I know, I know... It’s ok, here’s a tissue and some hot choco

#71 5 years ago

That one will have a high reserve for sure

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Er, not a good comparison. Action #1 $2.5M......Action #1 Repro $5.00!
Original MM $10K.....reproMM $8k

Plus you can't use comics in comparison to pinball, as the pinball market is pretty much opposite to any other collector market.

In pinball......

YOu never want to first ones off the line as they are plagued with problems

Newer the game, the more desirable and odds are worth more than older games. New sterns, compare with old dmds (rare exceptions) , compared to early SS's (rare exceptions) compared to EM's (rare exceptions).

You can't have a grading system because there are 100's of aspects that have to be taken in consideration. (comics and coins only have a few)

You need to have some sort of repair skill, or your "hobby" will cost you a ton to keep going. Comics and Coins do not require any skill to own.

Just because it's rare doesn't mean it's worth much money. Rare usually means it sucked and nobody wanted it in the first place. Some of the most widely produced games, are still worth a good chunk of change.

These are a few of the things that make pinball collecting pretty much the opposite of anything else.

#73 5 years ago

A couple of years ago, a nice MM could be had for 10k or under. It seems that people are asking more than that now. Some will sell for more, some for less. I don't see any difference between then and now.

#74 5 years ago

If I could find a nice MM in Oregon for a decent price

Here ya go...
portland.craigslist.org link

cl joke.jpg

#75 5 years ago

and that would be someone screwing with the pinball community. Can't tell me that "boyfriend" wouldn't know he had one in storage or it's value. guys know better than to give the girlfriend the job of selling off stuff.

#76 5 years ago

Some sort of castle game, eh?
image-7.jpg

#77 5 years ago

I like the backglass better than MM's for sure. I'd pay $300 for that aladdins castle.

#78 5 years ago

Subliminal penis above his head?

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

Yep. Right. I own and I am enjoying my orig mm now. And like hell non owners on some wait list for a game that we won't see for many months will try to tell me an orig is worth 7500. You sound like a waiter or nonowner.

I'm a waiter, maybe. I've turned down many, as although I find the game ok and fun, I've never been ready to buy it, much like SM. I'm not sure if i'll buy it or not, cost has nothing to do with it, I would have to give up a spot, and quite frankly, I'm not sure MM is bumping anything I currently have - for me. I have others on the short list for possible second/thirds in this believed path for PPS, and have no doubts about their value if that does happen. I can honestly tell you it doesn't phase me one bit. I'm not going to lie and tell you I'm not at all worried about the value of my machines, but even if they are worth 50% in the end, if there is a massive drop in 10 years, meh, most other entertainment still returns 0%, and as for the few that rise and fall, they all get lost in the global mix of my overall machine's value.

I forgot to add that I do partially agree with your previous post, in that until it's released, it's hard to constitute a huge drop, but given the reasons I did, once it is, how can you argue that?

Is anyone here really going to buy an original in lessor shape (it almost has to be in any scenario over an LE, even with less that 20 plays totally restored), over a brand new LE, especially for thousands more? Who is going to buy a used MM original for more over a brand new machine, with brand new parts, straight out of the box, with a warranty, for more money?

Let me tell you who - no one, unless they simply are unaware of the other option.

I love TAF, greatest object in the world to me. I have a nice restored one. If PPS said they were making a new gold version, I don't care what the price would be, I would buy it.

There aren't baseball cards, valued as collectable items. These are machines that are played, and are valued (albeit it a little out in left field sometimes) on play value, condition dictates the value AFTER play value does.

It doesn't matter that you owners would never sell for what PPS is charging. Once they are released, no one will be buying anyway, unless they are around the 5-7 mark I'm guessing, depending on low to high condition.

Bach all you want, but again, if there is anyone here waiting to drop $15k still on a restored original MM after PPS releases there, please step up and tell us all exactly why.

#80 5 years ago

My perspective.

I'm interested in MM.....but not for 8k+. (At the moment)

When and if I do enter the market for an MM I'd be MORE likely to look for a nice MMr to purchase vs a 20 year old original. (Assuming they are of decent quality).

Nothing against William's at all.....I LOVE William's games. 3 of my 5 pins are William's and those three are my favorites.

But...this isn't comics or cars....this is pinball. I'll take 20 years newer every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

I see MB and CC are going for less too.

MB won't drop and unlikely to be reproduced. I think the rights with universal studios would have to be addressed. Anyone?

#82 5 years ago

If MM14 is a success, MM prices will tank. If MM14 has issues and isn't liked, I see MM going even higher than it was before the announcement.

You couldn't touch a decent routed MM for under $10K before MM14 was announced. Now, they are up every other week for $8K. 20%+ decrease says they prices have already tanked in my opinion but we'll see.

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

Maybe won't drop and unlikely to repro. I think the rights with universal studios would have to be addressed. Anyone?

Yes Universal rights would have to be addressed, but my understanding is that they are relatively easy to acquire.

#84 5 years ago

I have a Universal Monsters box of Kleenex left over from Halloween.

They will license to anybody.

#85 5 years ago

It already has. I don't get what wonderland some of you are living in, where you keep talking about how things won't happen. They already have. Look around, that ship has sailed.

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It already has. I don't get what wonderland some of you are living in, where you keep talking about how things won't happen. They already have. Look around, that ship has sailed.

Agreed we are in uncharted territory with A list games like MM, AFM, CC & MB with PPS possibly remaking all of them it throws uncertainty in the face of anyone possibly throwing 5 figures at one of the titles.

#87 5 years ago

Have been reading these types of threads since the announcement on the MM remake. Have held off commenting but thought it was about time that I added my two cents for whatever its worth. I am an owner of a ground up restored MM that i bought from the GAP(as I believe he is known on this site). It is simply stunning in every way. I bought it for 15k. With that…I bought it for 15k for the same exact reason I bought T2 for $1,500. For the love of the game…nothing more. There is a perception that everyone who buys a high end MM(or any game) for that matter…bought it for the sole purpose of selling it one day for enough profit to retire on. Nothing could be further from the truth in my case and I would venture to say with more than just me. I think it is great that the MM is being redone. It is a magnificent game and IMO worthy of the #1 status it brings. A heart felt congrats to all who can now get one for 8k who maybe could not afford the asking prices of a restored one…or simply had no desire to spend that much regardless if they could afford . What troubles me however is this. There is almost a gloating of sorts from non MM owners that prices have gone down on this machine. A "That will teach you'" attitude. If I am wrong…tell me. Again, I bought MM for the love of pinball…nothing more. Best wishes, Charlie

#88 5 years ago

Flpinball, seen more of supporting posts of MM owners who give kudos to the new MMr, and hope the additional machines give as much pleasure to the new owners, as it gives now to the original owners.

Most of the original owners think the money as a non-issue, for the simple reason.... they are not selling, not now and probably not ever It's not an investment, and never was.
But the "i prefer the new over old", "prices will tank", "there goes your retirement" .... pffff

Still i hope the new machines will be exact like the Williams ones, and that many new owners enjoy it as much as i do
The people who only ramble about money, mostly are in it for the money.
Me, i am not buying nor selling, just happy with what i have. And I trully hope all will experience the same pleasure as they receive their's.

Thor aka Jelle

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

What troubles me however is this. There is almost a gloating of sorts from non MM owners that prices have gone down on this machine. A "That will teach you'" attitude. If I am wrong…tell me. Again, I bought MM for the love of pinball…nothing more. Best wishes, Charlie

You bought for the right reason.

There are people who are resentful of the MMr.

There are people who are overjoyed about the MMr.

And there are people gloating that the flippers who were sitting on 4 MM lost their pants.

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

There is almost a gloating of sorts from non MM owners that prices have gone down on this machine. A "That will teach you'" attitude. If I am wrong…tell me.

I think people are just happy to see the hugely inflated prices deflating a little. It's not about malice, it's about hoping that some sanity returns to the hobby, because it was getting to the point where you had to be pretty well off to even be able to participate.

IMHO there's a healthy space in between crazy price inflation and the hobby crashing.

Edit: I do agree that there is some gloating over flippers taking a hit. I can't really blame anyone for that though.

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

Have been reading these types of threads since the announcement on the MM remake. Have held off commenting but thought it was about time that I added my two cents for whatever its worth. I am an owner of a ground up restored MM that i bought from the GAP(as I believe he is known on this site). It is simply stunning in every way. I bought it for 15k. With that…I bought it for 15k for the same exact reason I bought T2 for $1,500. For the love of the game…nothing more. There is a perception that everyone who buys a high end MM(or any game) for that matter…bought it for the sole purpose of selling it one day for enough profit to retire on. Nothing could be further from the truth in my case and I would venture to say with more than just me. I think it is great that the MM is being redone. It is a magnificent game and IMO worthy of the #1 status it brings. A heart felt congrats to all who can now get one for 8k who maybe could not afford the asking prices of a restored one…or simply had no desire to spend that much regardless if they could afford . What troubles me however is this. There is almost a gloating of sorts from non MM owners that prices have gone down on this machine. A "That will teach you'" attitude. If I am wrong…tell me. Again, I bought MM for the love of pinball…nothing more. Best wishes, Charlie

Well said!

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You bought for the right reason.
There are people who are resentful of the MMr.
There are people who are overjoyed about the MMr.
And there are people gloating that the flippers who were sitting on 4 MM lost their pants.

I have always enjoyed your posts on a variety of pinball topics.

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think people are just happy to see the hugely inflated prices deflating a little. It's not about malice, it's about hoping that some sanity returns to the hobby, because it was getting to the point where you had to be pretty well off to even be able to participate.
IMHO there's a healthy space in between crazy price inflation and the hobby crashing.
Edit: I do agree that there is some gloating over flippers taking a hit. I can't really blame anyone for that though.

Off topic…wish I had a Shadow so I could buy that truly beautiful trans from you. Well done bro.

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

I have always enjoyed your posts on a variety of pinball topics.

Thank you, sir.

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

Off topic…wish I had a Shadow so I could buy that truly beautiful trans from you. Well done bro.

Dang, thanks. Easy fix though, buy a Shadow!

#97 5 years ago

The new LE machines from Stern and JJP are probably taking up more high end sales and dropping the demand for premium older titles more than the remake MMs are. A lot of real nice older machines came up for sale when ACDC LE was announced a few years back.

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Guess time will tell. Lots of unlicensed pins for pops to concentrate on before mb. I guess you guys know something I don't about ease and cost to license from universal

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

Guess time will tell. Lots of unlicensed pins for pops to concentrate on before mb. I guess you guys know something I don't about ease and cost to license from universal

I know nothing secret. Will MB happen? No idea.

It almost doesn't matter though, the market is correcting already, and it's simply not going to spring back, there's too much too high-priced inventory coming into the market to soak up that cash.

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I know nothing secret. Will MB happen? No idea.
It almost doesn't matter though, the market is correcting already, and it's simply not going to spring back, there's too much too high-priced inventory coming into the market to soak up that cash.

Come on, you preach this idea all the time. Got news for you, around 2000, you could get anything for around $500, but guess what, the market sprung back from that.

Demand will work itself out, one way or another.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 89.99
10,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside