Topic Stats

• 138 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by ovfdfireman
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-7.jpg
cl joke.jpg
Capture.JPG
troll2.jpg
cleavage.jpg

There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 5 years ago

Word on the street is that MM prices are taking a nosedive due to the 'new' run...I heard they are selling here for $7500-9K...At least, thats what's being said over on KLOV...

Any truth to that?

#3 5 years ago

Yes it is true supply and demand the supply of new has increased and demand for the old routed beaters has gone down!

#4 5 years ago

Look in the Pinside marketplace for ad's. Look on Craigslist. Let us know what you find.

#5 5 years ago

I checked. Looks like prices are stable.

Thanks!

#6 5 years ago

There are 27 sales records of Medieval Madness on Pinball Price and the average sale price is $10,585.00 for this game.

we recorded a recent sale of this game about a week ago where this title sold in excellent condition on ebay for $13,950. Over the past 3 months we recorded sales of $9,600. $ 12,999. and $14,999 in addition to the one this month listed above. I see no evidence to support the claim of $7,500 sales for this game in recent times.

Remember a game is only worth what somebody will pay you for it, You be the judge:

http://www.pinballprice.com/

#7 5 years ago

I see MB and CC are going for less too.

#9 5 years ago

A guy wanted to PAY me $100 to take his AFM away....

#10 5 years ago

someone who ordered a new one could be dead by the time it comes out. the value of original mm is unaffected until the new ones roll off the line. the anticipation of supply and supply are two completely different things. i wouldn't want a remake as my restored mm, which is never leaving, is awesome. but the idea that orig mm is now $7500 when the remake is a year away is ridiculous.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

when the remake is a year away

I think it's only a few months. I think Q2 was the latest I heard.

#12 5 years ago

when the remake is a year away

Who told you this?....or did you make it up?

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

wasn't it supposed to be a year out from expo? i could be wrong.

Quoted from spfxted:

Who told you this?....or did you make it up?

when is mark's party? did i miss it? i work too much.

#14 5 years ago

remake is a year away

Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

I'm guessing somewhere in between... they are never released on time.

#15 5 years ago

I'll be interested to see how much easier the MMR will be to service and maintain and what the mean time between failure on major components is. I would expect both to be substantially better given it's current tech.

#16 5 years ago

when is mark's party? did i miss it? i work too much.

Not yet.....I hope... (tough time of year)

#17 5 years ago

someone who ordered a new one could be dead by the time it comes out. the value of original mm is unaffected until the new ones roll off the line. the anticipation of supply and supply are two completely different things. i wouldn't want a remake as my restored mm, which is never leaving, is awesome. but the idea that orig mm is now $7500 when the remake is a year away is ridiculous.

OR..people are smart enough to see the supply coming and want to sell now and take a smaller hit rather then wait and loose a lot more when there here, that’s my take.. I would buy a brand new one for 8k before I bought a used old one... were not talking classic cars here. or as my TZ says.."Its only pinball".. flame suit on just in case..

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

OR..people are smart enough to see the supply coming and want to sell now and take a smaller hit rather then wait and loose a lot more when there here, that’s my take.. I would buy a brand new one for 8k before I bought a used old one... were not talking classic cars here. or as my TZ says.."Its only pinball".. flame suit on just in case..

guess we are different. i wouldn't want a new one. i would take a new stern star trek le but not a remake mm.

#20 5 years ago

The truth will be told when MMLE is released. Probably more so when the standard is out in Q4.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from jrkitty:

There are 27 sales records of Medieval Madness on Pinball Price and the average sale price is $10,585.00 for this game.
we recorded a recent sale of this game about a week ago where this title sold in excellent condition on ebay for $13,950. Over the past 3 months we recorded sales of $9,600. $ 12,999. and $14,999 in addition to the one this month listed above. I see no evidence to support the claim of $7,500 sales for this game in recent times.
Remember a game is only worth what somebody will pay you for it, You be the judge:
http://www.pinballprice.com/

Are you only referring to Ebay and/or auction sales? I don't see how you could possibly track all private sales, which are likely the bulk of all sales. Prices for this title are falling whether or not MM owners are wiling to admit it. There's one on RGP right now for $8250 (Asking Price). Is that not in the $7500 (sold price) neighborhood? My condolences go out to all the MM owners who are losing pin equity.

#22 5 years ago

How come everyone who starts MM pricing threads has super low karma and one or two posts?

I have a MM, bought fairly recently for a great price compared to this unproven remakes. I hope the remakes do well and everyone who wants an MM for 8k can get one. Although, Im just worried about the massive board on the bottom. One thing goes out need a new board. Could be super stable and just fine though!

#23 5 years ago

For sure, at least two MMs have sold for $7500 since the MMr announcement.

I'm not claiming that they were in HEP condition (I'd guess they were just normal, routed games).

Like anything in life, you make the best choice at the time, and don't look back.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

How come everyone who starts MM pricing threads has super low karma and one or two posts?

They fear getting 1000000 thumbs down on their real account.

You know how sensitive MM owners are, lol.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

They fear getting 1000000 thumbs down on their real account.
You know how sensitive MM owners are, lol.

Ha, probably true! Then troll on my friends!

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Word on the street is that MM prices are taking a nosedive due to the 'new' run...I heard they are selling here for $7500-9K...At least, thats what's being said over on KLOV...
Any truth to that?

welcome to 3 months ago. yes it's true and yes the bubble is bursting. So if you have a hoard of them, it's time to unload before nobody wants used ones anymore.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

nobody wants used ones anymore.

Why are they still going for $8-$10K then?

BTW, were you guys always this snarky or did sitting behind a desk all day talking about pinball on the interwebs make it so?

#28 5 years ago

Does this help?

cleavage.jpg
#29 5 years ago

Word on the street is that we were always this snarky. Just ask the street.

#30 5 years ago

Not here in Canada they are still up there and the new MM will always be a nock off ,not the same as the Williams MM

#31 5 years ago

No. It is the same. Just like a reproduction of action comics #1 is the same as the original so it should be worth the same as well.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveB:

No. It is the same. Just like a reproduction of action comics #1 is the same as the original so it should be worth the same as well.

Have u seen the machines ,not the same ,missing the Williams logo ,one very small brains in the backbox ,and many other thing too ,but as I said its not the same as the Williams ,they can't make them the same because the money is just not there and they wouldn't be only asking 8k for them

#33 5 years ago

I guess you missed the sarcasm.

#34 5 years ago

I had a very nice routed example with a good cab, no pf wear, working 100%. I got nervous right after the announcement and ended up trading it for TAF + TFTC + FT + DM.

I'm thinking my trade value was in the $10,500 ball park. Time will tell if that was wise from a financial standpoint. Currently I wish I had simply kept my MM as I loved playing it and it was a long-term keeper for me in my mind when I purchased it (I had just shy of $13k into it).

I'm on the list for MMRLE and I will probably get it just because we did really like playing the pin. In the meantime, I'll simply continue to enjoy what I have.

#35 5 years ago

Spoken like a true original owner.

Quoted from Williampinball:

Not here in Canada they are still up there and the new MM will always be a nock off ,not the same as the Williams MM

umm, ok, show me...

As for this dumb discussion:

The FOR SURE reason they will tank is simple. What is a good avg MM worth? Who cares really, but in comparison, what is a totally restored machine worth, new decals, cc’d PF, all parts rebuilt, cleaned, boards gone through? Sounds puuuurrdy right?! Much more right...? Super!

Let’s take that to the next level, an over the top restore, not just new decals, but scrapping the whole cab, brand new cab, new decals, all parts not only thoroughly cleaned, but replaced with brand new, all new switches, new wire looms, new PF, new plastics, absolutely everything new... god can you imagine the price for that before all of this?

That latter scenario is what you’re now getting with PPS, and probably a better system to boot. But please owners, continue to tell me how it is “original” is going to be worth another $5-10K on top of the $8 PPS is charging to anyone after this for your whatever state MM. Only a complete idiot would buy yours for more when they could get the above scenario, likely with some type of warranty to boot, if and when these are released.

Don’t harp on the one thing you can being the unknown board set and software. The four most common issues with boards, bad GI connector, 5v dropping via connectors, battery leakage, and failing HV section have ***ALL*** been easily fixed already in the boards. This is such a piss poor argument in trying to substantiate your original goldmine value, sorry (no, no I’m not sorry – PISS POOR!)

Can you feel the choking up?... oh, here it comes, sniffle sniffle....I know, I know... It’s ok, here’s a tissue and some hot choco

#36 5 years ago

I wonder how close this auction will get to the BIN price with a day and a half left.
ebay.com link » Medieval Madness Pinball Machine Clearcoated W Leds A

#37 5 years ago

ebay isn’t the best barometer of pin value.. look up shill bidding. it happens all the time to inflate the value .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shill

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

ebay isn’t the best barometer of pin value.. look up shill bidding. it happens all the time to inflate the value .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shill

I know that ebay isn't the best barometer of pin value. I also don't believe that shill bidding is a frequent as some would have you believe.

"eBay is actually very good at catching shill bidding on its first occurrence. Remember, all of eBay's member information is their database, where they have access to real names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, credit card numbers, bank accounts, IP addresses (and, by extension, location data about a member's whereabouts) and the item listings (including photo files, commonly used phrases, habitual misspellings, punctuation idiosyncrasies... you get the idea) posted by members, available for rapid, potentially even automatic cross-referencing. Shill bidding (including bidding by family and friends) is forbidden on eBay, and it's not easy to pull the wool over eBay's eyes. Just ask the frustrated former sellers out there that have left eBay after being suspended (often for things like placing a first shill bid) and have since tried to create new Bay accounts with new identities and new banking details, only to find that eBay seems to somehow immediately figure out who they are and suspends them again. (If you're a seller that's just been suspended, don't try this—you'll quickly learn just how good and how automatic eBay's site policing can be. Work to get reinstated through regular channels instead.)"

#39 5 years ago

Check this one out. Go to the original listing and see who won it, the bidder has an 11 feedback and hasn’t bid on anything in 6 months .The guy tried to sell this for 2500. and no bites so he re listed it low and tried to bid it up .he couldn’t get what he wanted and I believe just bought it back .now all he has to do is cancel the sale.that's what it looks like.

ebay.com link

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

I know that ebay isn't the best barometer of pin value. I also don't believe that shill bidding is a frequent as some would have you believe.
"eBay is actually very good at catching shill bidding on its first occurrence. Remember, all of eBay's member information is their database, where they have access to real names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, credit card numbers, bank accounts, IP addresses (and, by extension, location data about a member's whereabouts) and the item listings (including photo files, commonly used phrases, habitual misspellings, punctuation idiosyncrasies... you get the idea) posted by members, available for rapid, potentially even automatic cross-referencing. Shill bidding (including bidding by family and friends) is forbidden on eBay, and it's not easy to pull the wool over eBay's eyes. Just ask the frustrated former sellers out there that have left eBay after being suspended (often for things like placing a first shill bid) and have since tried to create new Bay accounts with new identities and new banking details, only to find that eBay seems to somehow immediately figure out who they are and suspends them again. (If you're a seller that's just been suspended, don't try this—you'll quickly learn just how good and how automatic eBay's site policing can be. Work to get reinstated through regular channels instead.)"

Well I don’t think E Bay is that interested in stopping it. it brings in more money to them in fee's, and I know people who do it not on pinball machines but everyday item's you would think that they would be more concerned with the back door deals that cut them out of transactions that goes on all the time as well.(just my 2cents)

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

umm, ok, show me...
The FOR SURE reason they will tank is simple. What is a good avg MM worth? Who cares really, but in comparison, what is a totally restored machine worth, new decals, cc’d PF, all parts rebuilt, cleaned, boards gone through? Sounds puuuurrdy right?! Much more right...? Super!
Let’s take that to the next level, an over the top restore, not just new decals, but scrapping the whole cab, brand new cab, new decals, all parts not only thoroughly cleaned, but replaced with brand new, all new switches, new wire looms, new PF, new plastics, absolutely everything new... god can you imagine the price for that before all of this?
That latter scenario is what you’re now getting with PPS, and probably a better system to boot. But please owners, continue to tell me how it is “original” is going to be worth another $5-10K on top of the $8 PPS is charging to anyone after this for your whatever state MM. Only a complete idiot would buy yours for more when they could get the above scenario, likely with some type of warranty to boot, if and when these are released.
Don’t harp on the one thing you can being the unknown board set and software. The four most common issues with boards, bad GI connector, 5v dropping via connectors, battery leakage, and failing HV section have ***ALL*** been easily fixed already in the boards. This is such a piss poor argument in trying to substantiate your original goldmine value, sorry (no, no I’m not sorry – PISS POOR!)
Can you feel the choking up?... oh, here it comes, sniffle sniffle....I know, I know... It’s ok, here’s a tissue and some hot choco

Lets get over it ,it will always be a nock off and all ways will be and there will be all ways people that only want the real Williams one

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

umm, ok, show me...

Yep. Right. I own and I am enjoying my orig mm now. And like hell non owners on some wait list for a game that we won't see for many months will try to tell me an orig is worth 7500. You sound like a waiter or nonowner.

#43 5 years ago

Fully restored MM by Treasure cove on Ebay for $9,600 hurry 8hrs left

#44 5 years ago

The only reason MM will decrease in price is when more and more higher quality pins are released. Star Trek LE for instance, if this pin is an indication of where we are going then MM days are numbered. I owned a MM for a few years and yes a great game but in my opinion not as good as ST LE. I hope JJP and Stern with private companies continue to build games so good that they dethrone the 90's classics. I mean isn't that what we all want. I love B/W 90's pins too but I would rather in the year 2014 have new and superior pins to play.

#45 5 years ago

I don't seem too see that MM for 9600

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

I don't seem too see that MM for 9600

A nice one just got scooped off Craigslist here by a fellow Pinsider for 8k
And this one posted yesterday on RGP I got to say its very tempting! ($8250)
http://rgparchive.com/rgpforum/showthread.php?t=508145

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Any truth to that?

I don't know... $300 ?
portland.craigslist.org link

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from Renegade:

I don't know... $300 ?
portland.craigslist.org link

Always something like "some kind of castle game ..."

troll2.jpg
#49 5 years ago

Yeah, pretty obvious someone is having some fun.

#50 5 years ago

guess we are different. i wouldn't want a new one. i would take a new stern star trek le but not a remake mm.

Understandable since you have a MM already. I decided to spend $8k on a brand new MMRLE over what $8k would get me in a used one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 8.10
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
10,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 229.99
There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside