(Topic ID: 56422)

MM Playfield and Cabinet... am I thinking like a crazy person?

By DarkWizard

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

How insane would it be to buy a MM PF and a Cabinet and to try to assemble the needed pieces to make a complete game? Is it the borderline insanity that I think it is?

#3 10 years ago

Cool, so all I need is a second one to look at while I am doing it.

Well it was just a fleeting thought.

#4 10 years ago

Jim at Pinball Inc is considering selling a populated playfield kit for $5000 that will let anyone just drop it in and have a MM.

#5 10 years ago

DarkWizard, you must be crazy. Wally

#6 10 years ago

I had a similar discussion about this yesterday with friend who recently did a MM restore, and he replaced just about every part in the game except for the wiring harness and the habitrails, Just about everything else seems to be available somewhere. The habitrails would be the hardest to find I would think, unless someone has repro'ed them.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

I had a similar discussion about this yesterday with friend who recently did a MM restore, and he replaced just about every part in the game except for the wiring harness and the habitrails, Just about everything else seems to be available somewhere. The habitrails would be the hardest to find I would think, unless someone has repro'ed them.

Someone has. Populated playfield kits would be great!

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Jim at Pinball Inc is considering selling a populated playfield kit for $5000 that will let anyone just drop it in and have a MM.

That would be sweet!

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

The habitrails would be the hardest to find I would think, unless someone has repro'ed them.

Matt has the last few that he repoed available: [email protected]

#10 10 years ago

There is a local guy here in Dallas that is head long in doing one of these right now. I've seen his progress and it looks great but it's a lot of work.

1 week later
#11 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

This theoretical populated playfield. Do you know if it would have the wiring harnesses? Does populated mean it has the wiring harness, sorry if it's a newb question.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from wallybgood:

DarkWizard, you must be crazy. Wally

Crazy like a fox

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

This theoretical populated playfield. Do you know if it would have the wiring harnesses? Does populated mean it has the wiring harness, sorry if it's a newb question.

Populated does not NECESSARILY mean wiring harness, but it probably would be included.

But making wiring harness is REALLY easy. I made 8 of them for Bally KISS in my hotel room a month ago.

The best part about rolling your own harness is that you can make a much better one than the factory did. No stiff dirty hard to read wires and no crappy IDC connectors on the ones you make yourself!

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I love this idea.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I love this idea.

I would love it too. If I had money.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'd almost certainly take one of these if made available.

#18 10 years ago

Sounds like mountains of work and searching for parts. But.... you would have a beautiful MM when done. Got lots of free time and like working on stuff?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 64.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mm-playfield-and-cabinet-am-i-thinking-like-a-crazy-person and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.