(Topic ID: 2680)

MM or AFM ?

By sulli10

13 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 13 years ago

Had a lengthy debate with another pinhead this week. The topic is which is the best overall Pin. My position was that even tho I have owned MM for a long time , I felt that AFM was a better design and more fun. My friend felt that I was being influenced by the fact that I am more familiar with MM so it did not have the newness factor for me as I have only recently had the opportunity to play a significant amount of games on AFM. I thought I would open this topic up to the forum to get opinions. One other thought , I would really like the combination of AFM and RFM as a side by side addition to my game room.

#2 13 years ago

MM and AFM are both great Games with MM only slightly better,Spiderman is better than both due to layout and software in my opinion.AFM and RFM would make a good match together.Would love to have a pin2k, come on Gene get started on Wizard Blocks!!

#3 13 years ago

I have a MM and RFM.I had a AFM .I had them all at the same time.I like MM better. I like RFM better then AFM. But AFM is a great game I am sad I get rid of mine. I am working on buying a HUO AFM but the deal is not right yet. MM has more shots and good flow. AFM has fastest flow. Spiderman witch I have is better and funnier to me. Has the same shot plus some. All in the top 10 for me. AFM is really going up in price.

#4 13 years ago

Tatman has most of the pinside top ten pins and several of the better Stern games! Great collection!!!

#5 13 years ago

For me, this is very easy......AFM hands down. Spiderman is enjoyable but I just don't enjoy it enough. MM is a great game for sure and I would like to own it. AFM is just so addictive and I just love the alien theme. It is superfast and whilst some might say the rule set is not deep, getting all 6 modes and then becoming the ruler of the universe on 3 balls, is incredibly tough ( not done it ). When I get a good game, it is such a rush and I love the way the aliens taunt me at times. It is also a great looking game, but so is Spiderman and MM. All 3 are great games but for me, AFM is one of the greatest pins ever made.

#6 13 years ago

My mate has both MM and AFM which i can play regularly...i like AFM better!(although its still just behind Indy for no1 spot)
Spidey's a great game also but theres still at least 10 or so games i would add to my collection before him.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Santa Clara, CA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mm-or-afm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.