Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-435.jpg
image-198.jpg
image-50.jpg
image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Was on Duval street in Key West, amazed to see it but there is an originalMM still in the wild. Most of the GI is out, castle was broken, one of the dragon wings was broken, there was black duct tape over the lock inserts.... And many other issues. Flippers were good though and the game played ok, was still fun. Talked to the guy at the counter and he thought it was worth $15k, so no chance of budget project unfortunately.

Cool to see one still in the wild.

image.jpgimage.jpg
image-50.jpgimage-50.jpg
image-198.jpgimage-198.jpg
image-435.jpgimage-435.jpg

#2 9 years ago

A place near me had one but it unfortunately got replaced with an acdc a few years ago, I don't go there much any more haha!

#3 9 years ago

I played one on route the first day they dropped it there. It was just another quality pinball game at the time. A lot of fun to play, and it seemed machines like that would just keep on coming...

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from Buschjs:

Was on Duval street in Key West, amazed to see it but there is an originalMM still in the wild. Most of the GI is out, castle was broken, one of the dragon wings was broken, there was black duct tape over the lock inserts.... And many other issues. Flippers were good though and the game played ok, was still fun. Talked to the guy at the counter and he thought it was worth $15k, so no chance of budget project unfortunately.
Cool to see one still in the wild.

Is that your beer sitting on the playfield glass?!? I'm amazed the owner would let that go on a machine "worth $15k"!

#5 9 years ago

Depends, do you consider Busch to be beer?

#6 9 years ago

Here in NC, there are 3 MM on location, one is totally blown out, the other, is very routed and filthy, but could be cleaned up ...the other in ok condition.
I contacted the the operator on one of them, I offered 6K for the dirty, but could be cleaned up one,
and He laughed , and said, "I've been offered 9K for it, but it is still earning money, so I will wait"..
I said ok, have a nice day....

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Is that your beer sitting on the playfield glass?!? I'm amazed the owner would let that go on a machine "worth $15k"!

Quoted from Erik:

Depends, do you consider Busch to be beer?

That's my buddy's beer who has no appreciation for pinball at all haha. They had no issue with it at all, I have a feeling a beer on the glass is the norm there.

Busch "beer" is not beer at all IMO haha!

#8 9 years ago

There's something really touching about seeing an old geezer MM still doing its thing after all these years.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from HunchbackHodler:

There's something really touching about seeing an old geezer MM still doing its thing after all these years.

eh ... no MM is really a geezer -- the game only came out in '97! this one's just been criminally abused and neglected.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from HunchbackHodler:

Very cool, Exactly why I posted it. It's a very rare site these days, most MMs were sold off long ago. I own a very nice MM and this game still took a bunch of quarters out of my pocket. Great to see one still out there.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

eh ... no MM is really a geezer -- the game only came out in '97! this one's just been criminally abused and neglected.

Even in this state it actually played better than the very new Star Trek sitting next to it, which had a bunch of issues.

#12 9 years ago

...and still going strong.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Buschjs:

Very cool, Exactly why I posted it. It's a very rare site these days, most MMs were sold off long ago. I own a very nice MM and this game still took a bunch of quarters out of my pocket. Great to see one still out there.

The left coast is littered with them.

Vancouver - 4
Bay Area - 6
Seattle - 9
Portland - 13

http://pinballmap.com/

#14 9 years ago

There's an arcade near here with an MM, a MB, and an AFM (and a recently-added DESW). All three are in quite good shape: I think the biggest issue is that the scoop on AFM has a cliffy that's bent in front of it, which makes it hard to shoot and very erratic on kickout.

There's always people in there playing, too, so I assume the pinball corner makes good money. It's one of only threeish locations in all of Tokyo, though.

#15 9 years ago

I know a few MM's still playable in pubs around here. One is in such an amazing condition i would bet that many private owners don't have such a nice MM at home. It's a f** shame it's not in a private collection.

#16 9 years ago

You can play a restored MM with a color DMD at Brixies in Brookfield IL.

#17 9 years ago

There was one out in Breckenridge, CO at Downstairs at Eric's bar. It was back in 2008 I think and it was in great shape. First time I really played MM with good sound...made a HUGE difference! I played the crap out of that thing! Went back a couple years later and it was destroyed! Massive flipper button wear on the cabinet, upper half of GI out so you couldn't see where you were shooting, play field and ramps were black...just a shame. I tried playing one time and that was it. I tried buying it from the operator....said I would buy a NIB Iron Man and swap the MM out for the Iron Man and take the MM. He said he couldn't since people were coming there specifically to play that and it was all profit that he was making. I said, the money made from Iron Man will be all profit since I am buying it! He didn't bite and I never got it. Don't know what ever happened to the pin since when I went back in 2012 it was gone. I ended up finding a MM minute away from my house that I ended up getting so it all worked out. Fun to see them in the wild though!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 64.99
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mm-on-location-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.