• Latest reply 9 years ago by labnip
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-696.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider labnip.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballHog:

Ok I adjusted the right troll mount just a little and it fixed the problem with the ball sticking. I'm glad I was under there working on it, because I noticed that one of the hex screws was left off of the left troll mount and the other screws were not tight and one was very loose already. I tightened all of them and replaced the hex screw that was missing. The left troll now just barely touches the rail when it's up. Is that normal? Thanks for all you guys help that's had this game for years!!!

i sure hope Stern & others are hearing about these little issues to adjust current/future manufacturing process.

does anyone know if there's a way to get this info to them?

thanks.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from CAPnT_PPS:

It's hard to track any possible issues on Pinside (soooooo many threads to wade through) but this issue will be pointed out to the proper people immediately. Thanks to everyone for their feedback & support within the community like this. Seems like the end user's problem is fixed but I'll definitely get the message to the factory.

thanks.
it seems like there were several items to focus on related to "manufacturing":
1. missing screw
2. loose screws
3. parts adjustment to prevent ball getting caught during game play.

this means changes to:
1. the Manufacturing Process itself.
2. the QA testing under the playfield.
3. the QA testing on top of the playfield.

appreciate your help.
i'd much rather add a time-delay to get my pin than have to finish the QA & manufacturing process at home.
i'd definitely like to send a giant thumbs-up to the Beta-Customers who are play testing the game at their homes/locations and providing feedback.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

This is unreasonable. Pinball machines all require adjustment; there's not going to ever be a pinball manufacturing process with aircraft-grade tolerances. It's a mechanical device, it might require adjustments, the factory is not going to put 500 plays on your game to make sure there's no possibility of a stuck ball on your specific one. They do the best they can to find design flaws before the assembly. You also can't tell them on one hand "we want exact original design!" then on the other hand want "no ball hangups".

Are you saying it's "unreasonable" to make sure you put all the screws in the machine and that they are tight ?

Break down the set of issues into their smallest problems/defects, and resolve what's causing each issue through improvements in: people, process, policy, tools & governance.

I'll tell you what would be "unreasonable", and that's lumping all problems in as 1 issue and then choosing to ignore it. But, fortunately that's not what the PPS person is saying they're going to do

#24 9 years ago

can you post some pictures ?

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

From what others have said in the 90s Williams games needed tweaks when they came in. I would imagine that from time to time a screw may be loose or a nut missing.

i know my screw's loose

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from acpinlover12:

Spoiler alert: You are going to have to do at least something to your brand new game. It will not be perfect, hardly any NIB game is. It will work better than a JJP game out of the box, but probably not quite a good as a Stern.
I'd set my expectations there so you're not disappointed.

yep.
...and companies can receive feedback in real-time and make adjustments to manufacturing & QA.
they are not mutually exclusive

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from acpinlover12:

There is nothing wrong with the manufacturing or Q&A. This problem as stated existed on the original games.
Even if the game leaves Chicago perfect, minor issues can and do happen in shipping all the time.
Your game will not arrive perfect. No matter what.

are you talking about each of these items or just a specific item ?

it seems like there were several items to focus on related to "manufacturing":
1. missing screw
2. loose screws
3. parts adjustment to prevent ball getting caught during game play.
this means changes to:
1. the Manufacturing Process itself.
2. the QA testing under the playfield.
3. the QA testing on top of the playfield.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider labnip.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mm-mmr-help-with-balls-getting-stuck?tu=labnip and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.