• Latest reply 7 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0839 (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

Which should I get now considering gameplay, availability and value?
I'll most likely get all three eventually.

#4 7 years ago

I love these type of threads... OP you'll be more confused than ever!

I'll say CC!

#5 7 years ago

MM of course. No competition.

#6 7 years ago

One of you have one to sell?

#8 7 years ago

My MM comes on Saturday and I can't wait. I feel it's the best value of the three, of which none are truthfully a great value haha.

#9 7 years ago

You cant go wrong with MM. If I were you i would wait for a CC remake CC is not completed and the game play is not what it should be. MB is a great game but it really plays second fiddle to the other two. (CC remake)

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

If I were you i would wait for a CC remake

No such thing as CC remake and never will happen...

Quoted from whthrs166:

CC is not completed and the game play is not what it should be.

You've never heard of CCC?

#11 7 years ago

MB -by far
prettiest
best gameplay with fun, inventive and unique code
Great call outs with excellent humor
Good music
Theme everyone loves
I have had all 3 - MM is gone, CC is up for sale
MB is NEVER leaving

Addendum: MB and AFM -there's your golden ticket

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

MB -by far
prettiest
best gameplay
Great call outs with excellent humor
Good music
Theme everyone loves
I have had all 3 - MM is gone, CC is up for sale
MB is NEVER leaving

As an owner of many classic Bally/Wiliams game for many years this is pretty in line. Unless you are so good you get board defeating games MB is an all around crowd pleaser. But MM is close behind since people love the Monty Python and the Holy Grail theme.

#13 7 years ago

Toss up between MB or MM, but I would lean towards MM. Better code. Both are smooth as butter though.

CC gets REALLY boring, really fast. Even with CCC, it just doesn't have long legs. Great art, pretty decent layout, but it's extremely shallow.

#14 7 years ago

I personally like the MB theme better. I wish they would do a remake and sell it at a Pro price. I know, I'm pipe dreamin.

#15 7 years ago

i have a mm and a mb that i might consider selling soon

#16 7 years ago

I have all 3. CCC is one of them. Of the 3, MM is my favorite then MB and CCC last.

Modding MB now actually....and adding a Pinsound card to it!

IMG_0839 (resized).JPGIMG_0839 (resized).JPG

#17 7 years ago

+1 for MB. Love mine and it's never leaving.

#18 7 years ago

MB!!!!!!

#19 7 years ago

Afm sld be added to your list as its the best for the money but u allready have it. Cc is ok but unless u can get ccc for around 9k (not likely) id look at getting a restored mb or mm since they are cheaper and offer better gameplay imo. Now between a original mm and mb...... for you and your collection id go mb bc its just plain fun with great theme and varies enough in rules and layout from afm ,where's mm is basically afm with different theme and bash toy......

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

I have all 3. CCC is one of them. Of the 3, MM is my favorite then MB and CCC last.
Modding MB now actually....and adding a Pinsound card to it!

Id love to hear this when your done......also love to see more pics of the mods your doing.

#22 7 years ago

Buy all three, and then go after a game that you want.

#23 7 years ago

For me:

MB
CC (C)
MM

MB is brutal fast and not so easy if setup right.

CCC with the continued Software is a lot fun and a game i don't want to miss. Good flow and lots of action.

MM is an alltime classic but i don't like the theme. Nice flow and the castle toy...

So i think you schould play the games and then made a decision.

#24 7 years ago

MM by a mile! MB is kinda fun, but WOW does it grate on me now. Have you played it before? I thought it was humorous the first one, maybe two times I played it. I absolutely cannot imagine it in home use. The theme is cool, but the cheesy not funny lines get old. MM isn't laugh out loud funny either (I hate Monty Python), but for some reason MM feels less like it's trying to be funny, which is why MB is rough.

Most people feel MM and AFM have the same-ish rules (although I feel like the games have a completely different game feel) and MB is sort of the same rinse and repeat of those two, but in my opinion, not nearly as good as either. MB has a cool theme and toys, with the same rules as some other games, and audio that really wears thin. I'd rank them as below.

MM

CCC

MB

#26 7 years ago

CC is whatever. It could have been great but it was a rushed game and needed more development time.

MB is awesome but as others have said the theme can wear thin on you quickly, just a matter of taste.

MM is pretty much the GOAT. Sure that can be debated but it's always going to be in the debate!

Personally I'm looking for an MMR.

#27 7 years ago

All aesthetically pleasing and a very fun to play. You can't go wrong with any of them.

1) MB
2) CCC
3) MM

#28 7 years ago

for me its MB

there's a MB and MM at the same location by me and MB gets my quarters over MM

MB vs AFM is about even though I will say AFM has better code

#29 7 years ago

1. MM
2. MB
3. CC

#30 7 years ago

I've owned all three for almost 20 years now. In this order, in my opinion:

1. MM

2. CCC

3. MB

#31 7 years ago

Thanks everyone for all the input. I haven't tallied up the votes yet, but I'm leaning towards MB. A lot of you mentioned AFM; I also have that game, it's great! I figure there are lots of MMs out there. I can always pick one up later. As far as CC, I love the looks of the game and maybe one will come up someday.

#32 7 years ago

That's how I think I'll decide on major purchases from now on. Let others tell me what I want. Takes the guesswork out of it. I like your style.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 12.95
$ 75.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mm-mb-or-cc?hl=mightygrave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.