You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
ballyhoo.jpg
image-889.jpg
image-778.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It's the people who recently paid top dollar for games in average condition that I feel bad for.

Yeah, the people who bought in the last couple years and paid stupid money for routed games with new rubber and a handful of LEDs (aka 'fully shopped'!) are the ones who took the hit.

The 2010-2011 crowd probably breaks even. Anyone before that is still likely ahead.

We're talking about a fairly small number of people who have a real reason to be upset. A lot of other people are upset because they're no longer winning the battle of the Joneses, and because their pinball wealth on paper took a dump.

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

I think it's becoming quite obvious the originals will come down, how much is the question. But what about future remakes, people talk of CC,MB,AFM, but what if it becomes remakes of A.F, Scared Stiff, TOM, CV, TOTAN etc, where does that end, Pinbot remakes? High Speed ? If it's financially feasible to make small runs of 1,000 of a title, where does it stop?

Theoretically....?

ballyhoo.jpgballyhoo.jpg
#80 10 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Vid,
Don't misunderstand, I believe prices were out of control. And if ever a reproduction was to be made then MM should be the one. It's just that this phoney notion that nobody cares if everything they own is worth crap, doesn't bother them. I'm not buying it.

Absolutely correct. But likewise, I never bought a lot of the "I don't care what it's worth, it's a keeper" comments.

Just like people buying houses in 2006 saying they didn't care if the value went down later, they bought it to live in...

Obviously I hope pinball maintains some value, and I think it will. The vast majority of the market has gone up steadily but a few titles really launched into orbit. Even the steady climbers are getting kind of crazy, though. I bought a WCS for $1300, didn't even CLEAN it and a year later when I asked if $1500 was a fair price I had ten emails in ten minutes.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mm-market-in-europe-is-crashing-soon?tu=jonnyo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.