TAFPF_004.jpg
TAFPF_003.jpg
TAFPF_002.jpg
TAFPF_004.jpg
TAFPF_010.jpg
TAFPF_012.jpg
TAFPF_005.jpg
P2231688.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gambit3113.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

MM got here safe and sound. A manager at one of the STI branches made the executive decision to pallet and double wrap it, after seeing the insurance total. No complaints here, as it got here without so much as a scuffed leg. Couldn't be happier with the job Michelle and STI did bringing this thing 992 miles to me.

Machine is 98% perfect. A little normal wear on the moat kickout, and a pinhead sized area on the outside loop that needs a touch of red and superglue - no biggie at all. The only thing I can say I wish was disclosed was a broken pop bracket - the coil stop snapped off and was obviously rigged on, and fell apart during the vibration of shipping. I can't complain too much about a $7.95 part, though. Ramps could use a flame polish, but again no biggie. Cab and box are stinking flawless. This thing even has the original schematic intact in the cab, and all of the original paperwork, diagrams and goodie bag.

Already got to work installing LEDs in the inserts. Will get to the box of mods that came in earlier this week - Trolls with LED eyes, LED double-headed dragon mod from PDI, full set of Kerry protectors, Catapult LED board - on Saturday. Super amped.

IMG_3341.jpgIMG_3341.jpg IMG_3339.jpgIMG_3339.jpg IMG_3340.jpgIMG_3340.jpg IMG_3342.jpgIMG_3342.jpg

#4 12 years ago

More pics. Having a tough time uploading.....

IMG_3343.jpgIMG_3343.jpg IMG_3344.jpgIMG_3344.jpg IMG_3345.jpgIMG_3345.jpg

#5 12 years ago

.....more pics still.....it wants more words here......

IMG_3347.jpgIMG_3347.jpg IMG_3348.jpgIMG_3348.jpg IMG_3352.jpgIMG_3352.jpg IMG_3350.jpgIMG_3350.jpg

#18 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

What is up with the TZ coin door on it ?
Jim

Not following. Same door that is on my other WPC95 games.

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

Congrats on your MM. Interesting that someone filled and airbrushed over the factory security bar holes.

That is actually just the screened front decal. The holes were filled and decal applied. Not airbrushed, but it is weird how it shows up in the pics with flash. In person, you can't see anything unusual there, and there is no paint applied over that area. Odd illusion.

#25 12 years ago

I don't know the difference, honestly. Still baffled. Either way, I think I am going to get the armor and coin door powder coated in a metallic Midnight Blue.

#31 12 years ago

Ok, gotcha. Upon inspection, the coindoor is brand new and I am sure that the guy just ordered a WPC coindoor without noticing the difference. I actually need one of these for my TZ, which has a crazy 3-slot door from Germany still on it. May move it over and grab a correct one for MM down the line.

#44 12 years ago

Marco order placed: Merlin gate, Pop bracket and new springs to tighten up the castle towers.

I would love to know why a bracket made of about 4 grams of steel costs a dollar less than a wire form 6 gauge gate.

#46 12 years ago

As big of a proponent of LED as I am, I think I am sticking with standard incandescents, or at least retro, warm LEDs from Cointaker, in the back box. The translite looks terrific as is. Love the LEDs in the inserts, and want LED in GI and on the pops, but really digging the warm light of the back box.

#53 12 years ago

Took this thing apart today. Full LEDs installed, Kerry protectors installed, touched up the little bit of moat eject wear, CA glued and sanded the area and mylared, Brasso for the wireforms, dishwasher for the ramps then flame polish, new springs for the castle, PDI Dragon installed, and Novus and wax all around. All is pretty much perfect now. Just waiting for the Merlin gate and need to replace a couple of switches that are a little sticky.

Will post new pics tomorrow.

#54 12 years ago

Playing today, I got a chance to really absorb some of the awesome sounds in this game. I have played MM a ton on location, but never really had a chance to really hear some of this stuff. I had never noticed the Brian Eddy "Toasty!" from Mortal Kombat when you hit the dragon ramp, nor the "Fatality" sounder from MK. So awesome.

#58 12 years ago

Snapped some pics tonight. Everything is almost complete. Cointaker LED Backbox kit should be here tomorrow, as well as a Marco order with the Merlin gate and the pop coil bracket that was broken. Absolutely loving this thing.

// Error: Image 19803 not found // // Error: Image 19804 not found // // Error: Image 19805 not found // // Error: Image 19806 not found //

#59 12 years ago

Let's try that again.....

TAFPF_002.jpgTAFPF_002.jpg TAFPF_003.jpgTAFPF_003.jpg TAFPF_004.jpgTAFPF_004.jpg TAFPF_005.jpgTAFPF_005.jpg

#61 12 years ago

....more pics....without glass this time.....

TAFPF_009.jpgTAFPF_009.jpg TAFPF_010.jpgTAFPF_010.jpg TAFPF_008.jpgTAFPF_008.jpg

#62 12 years ago

....and just a few more....

TAFPF_012.jpgTAFPF_012.jpg TAFPF_013.jpgTAFPF_013.jpg TAFPF_014.jpgTAFPF_014.jpg

#63 12 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I like the blue post covers and the aftermarket dragon. Where did you get the dragon from again?
Also, is the aftermarket dragon made of more flexible plastic so the wings are less likely to break?

Yeah, I had some blue post sleeves sitting around, and threw them on there. I will probably order some purple ones next time I think about it and put those on there, eventually.

The dragon came from Pinball Decals, Inc. It was a silly price, but I think it is really cool. It is almost 1.5 times the size of the original dragon. The body is about the same rigidity, but the wings are way more flexible. I don't think an airball would do anything to it.

#72 12 years ago

Got the Catapult LED board mod from Pimpmypin.com in today. That is just a cool mod. Really adds something to that catapult plastic.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 64.99
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gambit3113.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mm-is-in-the-house?tu=gambit3113 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.