TAFPF_004.jpg
TAFPF_003.jpg
TAFPF_002.jpg
TAFPF_004.jpg
TAFPF_010.jpg
TAFPF_012.jpg
TAFPF_005.jpg
P2231688.JPG
There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 12 years ago

MM got here safe and sound. A manager at one of the STI branches made the executive decision to pallet and double wrap it, after seeing the insurance total. No complaints here, as it got here without so much as a scuffed leg. Couldn't be happier with the job Michelle and STI did bringing this thing 992 miles to me.

Machine is 98% perfect. A little normal wear on the moat kickout, and a pinhead sized area on the outside loop that needs a touch of red and superglue - no biggie at all. The only thing I can say I wish was disclosed was a broken pop bracket - the coil stop snapped off and was obviously rigged on, and fell apart during the vibration of shipping. I can't complain too much about a $7.95 part, though. Ramps could use a flame polish, but again no biggie. Cab and box are stinking flawless. This thing even has the original schematic intact in the cab, and all of the original paperwork, diagrams and goodie bag.

Already got to work installing LEDs in the inserts. Will get to the box of mods that came in earlier this week - Trolls with LED eyes, LED double-headed dragon mod from PDI, full set of Kerry protectors, Catapult LED board - on Saturday. Super amped.

IMG_3341.jpgIMG_3341.jpg IMG_3339.jpgIMG_3339.jpg IMG_3340.jpgIMG_3340.jpg IMG_3342.jpgIMG_3342.jpg

#3 12 years ago

Awesome

#4 12 years ago

More pics. Having a tough time uploading.....

IMG_3343.jpgIMG_3343.jpg IMG_3344.jpgIMG_3344.jpg IMG_3345.jpgIMG_3345.jpg

#5 12 years ago

.....more pics still.....it wants more words here......

IMG_3347.jpgIMG_3347.jpg IMG_3348.jpgIMG_3348.jpg IMG_3352.jpgIMG_3352.jpg IMG_3350.jpgIMG_3350.jpg

#6 12 years ago

It looks sweet !! Man it sure makes me miss mine. Currently my MM is in about a few hundred or so pieces and my playfield is at HSA getting the royal treatment. So if you don't mind me asking how much did you give for her ?

Jeff

#7 12 years ago

Congrats! I hope to own one some day

#8 12 years ago

Wow looks like it is in great condition! Congrats enjoy that bad boy!!!

#9 12 years ago

Congratulations, gambit! MM is one of my favorite pins. When I see photos of your machine, it almost makes me second guess dropping 10K on JPop's Zombie pin. Enjoy!

#10 12 years ago

Congrats. Great score .... Enjoy your new MM

#11 12 years ago

Congrats on your MM. Interesting that someone filled and airbrushed over the factory security bar holes.

#12 12 years ago

Congrats!

#13 12 years ago

Congrats on your new toy ..

What is up with the TZ coin door on it ?
Jim

#15 12 years ago

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

enjoy

#16 12 years ago

oops

#17 12 years ago

sooo awesome.

#18 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

What is up with the TZ coin door on it ?
Jim

Not following. Same door that is on my other WPC95 games.

#19 12 years ago

Nice score! I can't wait to see mine.

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

Congrats on your MM. Interesting that someone filled and airbrushed over the factory security bar holes.

That is actually just the screened front decal. The holes were filled and decal applied. Not airbrushed, but it is weird how it shows up in the pics with flash. In person, you can't see anything unusual there, and there is no paint applied over that area. Odd illusion.

#21 12 years ago

Congrats on getting what is probably the best pin made.

#22 12 years ago

Congrats gambit!!! Heck of a lineup!!!

#23 12 years ago

Not following. Same door that is on my other WPC95 games.

I just have too much time on my hands , I am coin door anal The coin door is off an earlier WPC like TZ though Corvette and not a WPC 95.

This is the correct coin door .
Jim

CIMG4463.JPGCIMG4463.JPG

#24 12 years ago

Honda does know his coin doors!

#25 12 years ago

I don't know the difference, honestly. Still baffled. Either way, I think I am going to get the armor and coin door powder coated in a metallic Midnight Blue.

#26 12 years ago

Here is my coin door for reference

P2231688.JPGP2231688.JPG

#27 12 years ago

Catapult led board? Wuts that?

#28 12 years ago

Enjoy it!!

#29 12 years ago

Thats great Gambit

#30 12 years ago

Sweet pick up! I'm loving my MM. Wish my cab was as nice though. Going to have to spring for some decals.

I'm on the iPad, so can't really tell, but is the Merlin gate missing?

#31 12 years ago

Ok, gotcha. Upon inspection, the coindoor is brand new and I am sure that the guy just ordered a WPC coindoor without noticing the difference. I actually need one of these for my TZ, which has a crazy 3-slot door from Germany still on it. May move it over and grab a correct one for MM down the line.

#33 12 years ago

Very nice, congrats on gettin an MM. Very fun pin!

#34 12 years ago

That's one hell of a lineup you have there.

#35 12 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

I'm on the iPad, so can't really tell, but is the Merlin gate missing?

looks that way to me also...

forgot where had them but one of the regular suppliers has all of the wire gates available for cheap. I had to replace most of mine. My merlin gate was a paper clip when I go it. HA

#36 12 years ago

Beautiful! How do you like the cab protectors? great score.

#38 12 years ago

Saaaweeet!
Really nice cab. I had to do a full decal job on mine; not fun. Make sure to have a close look at that gate. It cracks really easily and it's hard to see at first glance. I highly recommend the reinforced upgraded version... especially of you're tearing anything down around the castle. I just picked up the shaker motor too. Haven't tried it yet but I bet it's awesome when banging away on those castles!
I did my trim in chrome and it really works with this game.
Enjoy.

#39 12 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

gambit3113 said:I don't know the difference, honestly. Still baffled. Either way, I think I am going to get the armor and coin door powder coated in a metallic Midnight Blue.
Saaaweeet!
Really nice cab. I had to do a full decal job on mine; not fun. Make sure to have a close look at that gate. It cracks really easily and it's hard to see at first glance. I highly recommend the reinforced upgraded version... especially of you're tearing anything down around the castle. I just picked up the shaker motor too. Haven't tried it yet but I bet it's awesome when banging away on those castles!
Enjoy.

Where/ which gate is the reinforced/upgraded version you mention? also, where exactly does the gate crack?

Also, anyone know the best price and where to get a new moat? Mine has a few small cracks and I would like to find a replacement.

#40 12 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Where/ which gate is the reinforced/upgraded version you mention? also, where exactly does the gate crack?
Also, anyone know the best price and where to get a new moat? Mine has a few small cracks and I would like to find a replacement.

The black gate behind the drawbridge is thin and sometimes the criss-crossed bars crack at the joints. Mantis sells (or sold) a beautiful reinforced version that is much nicer than the original. It's a big piece and $200, but also an integral part of the game. Worth every penny. I didn't even notice mine was cracked until a took it off to strip my playfield prior to clear coating. Here's a link. Seems like he may not have many left, with no plans to make more: http://www.mantisamusements.com/mmupgrade.htm

There is even a reinforced version of the drawbridge as the lower section takes a beating.

I found the moat somewhere too, probably Marcos. Easy to find 4 years ago, not sure now?

#41 12 years ago

Congrats Gambit! Dreams still come true in America.

#42 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

May move it over and grab a correct one for MM down the line.

Good call !!

Jim

#43 12 years ago

Glad you finally picked one up! Congrats, Gambit.

#44 12 years ago

Marco order placed: Merlin gate, Pop bracket and new springs to tighten up the castle towers.

I would love to know why a bracket made of about 4 grams of steel costs a dollar less than a wire form 6 gauge gate.

#45 12 years ago

Congrats on the pickup Gambit. Enjoy!

#46 12 years ago

As big of a proponent of LED as I am, I think I am sticking with standard incandescents, or at least retro, warm LEDs from Cointaker, in the back box. The translite looks terrific as is. Love the LEDs in the inserts, and want LED in GI and on the pops, but really digging the warm light of the back box.

#47 12 years ago

congrats and yeah jimbo you are a coin door nazi lol

#48 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

The translite looks terrific as is.

I agree gambit, I have seen some really terrible ones (LED'd) in my time.
You could always just go colored incandescents as well for your MM, they'd look fantastic and not overwhelm the MM diehards I'm sure! Retros would work too, I'm sure there is a balance you could achieve even with a full LED conversion.
Congrats on the score! (You bastard...)

#49 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

As big of a proponent of LED as I am, I think I am sticking with standard incandescents, or at least retro, warm LEDs from Cointaker, in the back box. The translite looks terrific as is. Love the LEDs in the inserts, and want LED in GI and on the pops, but really digging the warm light of the back box.

I thought exactly the same thing when I got my MB. Then I saw a thread here with the LEDs done to perfection. I copied it, and it looks WAY better than with the incandescent bulbs. I realize MB and MM have very different colored translights, but I'd still give it a try, and if you don't like the LEDs, pull them out in favor of the normal bulbs.

#50 12 years ago

Woohoo! Living the dream Gambit!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 64.99
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mm-is-in-the-house/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.