Backbox_side_pannel.jpg
Damsel_in_distress_detail.jpg
Upper_playfield_rear_wall_lit_up.jpg
Right_light_shield_lit_by_GI.jpg
Upper_playfield_wall_detail.jpg
Upper_pf_castle_gate.jpg
Upper_pf_entry_and_exit_moulding.jpg
Upper_playfield_creature_moulding_lit_.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballslave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Recently set Metal Man up in the spare room at home, thought I'd share some pics:

In_guest_room.jpgIn_guest_room.jpg Playfield_in_attract_mode.jpgPlayfield_in_attract_mode.jpg Backglass_lit_up.jpgBackglass_lit_up.jpg Upper_pf_holes_and_rear_wall.jpgUpper_pf_holes_and_rear_wall.jpg Catapult_area_with_feature_lights_lit..jpgCatapult_area_with_feature_lights_lit..jpg Castle_wall_skull_moulding_lit_up.jpgCastle_wall_skull_moulding_lit_up.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Try again with pics that didn't come through...

Catapult_from_above_lit_by_GI.jpgCatapult_from_above_lit_by_GI.jpg Drop_target_and_special_hole_lit_up.jpgDrop_target_and_special_hole_lit_up.jpg Catapult_lit_to_fire.jpgCatapult_lit_to_fire.jpg Pop_bumper_and_rollovers_lit.jpgPop_bumper_and_rollovers_lit.jpg // Error: Image 67590 not found // Upper_playfield_creature_moulding_lit_.jpgUpper_playfield_creature_moulding_lit_.jpg

#3 11 years ago

A couple more:

Upper_pf_entry_and_exit_moulding.jpgUpper_pf_entry_and_exit_moulding.jpg Upper_pf_castle_gate.jpgUpper_pf_castle_gate.jpg Upper_playfield_wall_detail.jpgUpper_playfield_wall_detail.jpg Right_light_shield_lit_by_GI.jpgRight_light_shield_lit_by_GI.jpg Upper_playfield_rear_wall_lit_up.jpgUpper_playfield_rear_wall_lit_up.jpg

#6 11 years ago

I like the way it uses a lot of 3D mouldings,l as you can probably tell from the pics I took

Gameplay wise I'm yet to figure out a best strategy for maxing the score, but it doesn't seem to have a lot of depth... it's an 'extra ball' focussed game, as it seems is the case with most Inder's... there's even a dedicated display counter (the lower one in the pic above) for how many extra balls the player has in reserve, which maxes out at 2... the strategy, therefore, is to first aim to get the EBs maxed out and then to go for score.

I'll take a good pick of the backbox side art tonight if I remember

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from pinball_faz:

IPDB only has a few photos. You should add some of these feature details.

Yes, I should probably do that at some point...

Quoted from pinball_faz:

how difficult is finding parts?

When I bought this game I was lucky to also include in the purchase a partially populated playfield (unfortunately with no moulded plastic parts though), so I got a fair few parts there... no idea how hard it would be to find circuit board parts though... This was fully working when it arrived (thank god!) so hopefully I won't need to find out how hard it is to fix it or track boads down...

Quoted from absocountry2:

I like how the wall lights up.

I like that part too

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from PinJer:

I have never seen one of these before, but the over all theme and layout of the play field looks fun.

It's a bit different, that's for sure...

Waiting for the new code update though

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#30 11 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

Very cool indeed. I was going to ask if you could bring it to Pinfest this spring, but I notice that you are in the Czech Republic. Too far, huh?

If I were about 4000miles closer I'd be there

One thing that get's me about this game is the similarities with the 'other' MM...

Same initials!
Same theme!
3D moulded castle.
Damsel in distress
Dragon.
A ball launching catapult that shoots the ball along the left side of the playfield!!
It even has a wizard... not sure of the dude on this game is called Merlin though...

Quoted from Honch:

Your collection is quite eclectic and interesting.

Cheers! I seem to always get drawn to the obscure corners of things I get into...

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Yeah, like the lower right corner of your Metal Man backglass for example.

haha

Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

How many years have you been collecting now?

I got my first pin (BoP) in '97... which was almost immediately followed by Paragon (my childhood dream game). I had only those 2 games for about 2 years, so wasn't really collecting then... In '99 things started to get out of hand when I bought the entire stash of 10 games from a local operator (the guy I bought the BoP from) at a good price, so I needed storage... and to make full use of the storage I needed to buy more pins, which warranted the purchase of a van... Pinball madness had then truly arrived in all it's glory... normality had gone belly-up from then on!

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from pinball_faz:

How do you handle power distribution for all those machines. I mean the new ones can handle 120V or 240V...but the older ones can't. Do you put a step down transformer in each game or did you create a 120V rail that is delivered through your machines.

Well faz, most of the older games I have were 'officially' imported from the US anyway (the US made ones that is, which is what the question clearly relates to). I'm talking 70's onwards... really old games (woodrails and a bit more recent) were, I think, made somewhere in Europe under licence. In the exported case then the games were fitted with transformers that could, and were, wired to accept 240V.

Any game I have that are 'grey import' from that era I'd use a step down transformer to give me the 110V needed... but I only have 3 games like that: Black Hole which I specifically got from the US so I could have the spinning disk (export versions of this game had just a plan backglass with no infinity effect), Humpty Dumpty and Cover Girl. At least I THINK they're are only 3 I have... I guess I'll find out if any more need to be hooked up to 110V when I plug them in!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballslave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mm-is-in-da-house-no-not-that-mm?tu=pinballslave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.