• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Weskin.jpg
padded_room5.jpg
StraightJacket.jpg
There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 12 years ago

Nice with a little route time.
Deposit paid.
Sold TOM and SS this week. Hoping I can do it without selling TAF too.
Fairly soon.
Trying not to loose sleep.

#102 12 years ago

Was it from the guy in Texas?

#103 12 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Nice with a little route time.
Deposit paid.
Fairly soon.
Trying not to loose sleep.

Went through the same hard decisions when I tracked down mine & moved a couple nice titles. I doubt you'll miss TOM but Your SS was pretty sweet. All in all i'd say you made a good upgrade though.

#104 12 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

As much as i like MM, I wouldn't get rid of those three games in exchange. I'm not hacking on you, just saying that sucks to have to get rid of all of those.

How nice is your TAF?

#105 12 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

As much as i like MM, I wouldn't get rid of those three games in exchange. I'm not hacking on you, just saying that sucks to have to get rid of all of those.

I agree!! But.... Sometimes you just have to have one until you know for sure. Sucks you have to get rid of those great pins, Coasterguy. I just hope you love your MM more than I did.

#106 12 years ago

I will miss SS. Gap did an amazing job on it for me. I believe that once I get MM I will be more than happy. I'm gonna keep TAF hopefully. Should work out.

#107 12 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I will miss SS. Gap did an amazing job on it for me. I believe that once I get MM I will be more than happy. I'm gonna keep TAF hopefully. Should work out.

Your TAF looks nice but i'd keep SS & sell the TAF. Your SS is sick.

#108 12 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

coasterguy said:I will miss SS. Gap did an amazing job on it for me. I believe that once I get MM I will be more than happy. I'm gonna keep TAF hopefully. Should work out.
Your TAF looks nice but i'd keep SS & sell the TAF. Your SS is sick.

+1

Still wondering if this was the MM that was for sale in Texas?

#109 12 years ago

Yes, that was an option too. I like SS and TAF equally. I also knew someone who wanted my SS so it just kinda went first. I'm ok with it. I know that when I get my MM it will all be ok. I liked MM at Tatman's last year. I loved it last weekend at another friends. It made me realize that I want one in my home. I should have bought the one GAP had up for sale a few months ago.

#110 12 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Yes, that was an option too. I like SS and TAF equally. I also knew someone who wanted my SS so it just kinda went first. I'm ok with it. I know that when I get my MM it will all be ok. I liked MM at Tatman's last year. I loved it last weekend at another friends. It made me realize that I want one in my home. I should have bought the one GAP had up for sale a few months ago.

I'm not sure I wanna know how much the one GAP had sold for. But if your thinking you should have bought that one it sounds like you spent some big bucks on the MM you got. You'll love it though.

#111 12 years ago

Well Coast you set your sights on a prize and made it happen--Props for that man.

#112 12 years ago

GAP's was already done. The one I bought is in great shape but not restored or anything at this point. Thanks V8. It all happened in just 5 days and I am amazed at how life works. I made the choice to sell to get want I realized I had wanted all along. Like my friend said to me yesterday on the phone. "Once you get the MM that you wanted the pins you sold won't matter" Hopefully.

#113 12 years ago
Quoted from pintastic:

An no way I would part with my 2 top pins (TZ & TAF) for one. Hell, I would still have to add cash. And not a little bit either. The small time that I have had on an MM was nice (found a nice one on route for a bit), but not better than TAF or TZ in my most humble opinion.

You sound like me, my two favs too.

I think MM is fun, but it's not deep enough to be top ten for me. I don't have a problem with the value, as it has been rising faster than any other machine, but it just has never had the variety that other machines have, IMO. I have always found I'm getting bored by the 3rd ball.

It is a nicer looking machine than AFM, however the shots are so similar, and with the super fast flow of AFM, I believe AFM is better, and, given they are so close, I just don't think I would add a MM.

I just had one offered to me, debated coming up with the extra I would need for it, and decided, meh, I don't really want it.

I’m not going to say it’s a bad game by any means and I’m not a hater, but it just hasn’t done it for me yet.

#114 12 years ago

I am glad I got mine and do not miss the titles I sold for it. I can always get them back someday. I still enjoy MM more every time I play it. I don't have time to get bored with the game, the reason for me the flow is so excellent is how the shots work with the flow.

I learn more game after game, ball control is really important, you are punished for poor shots. Threw my first near 200 million game last night, it was so fun, I had so much lit and even more ready to go. Draining the last ball on that game sucked, I did not want it to be over!!!!! AARRGGHH!!! Gotta play "AGAIN!!!"

You will be very happy CG, it is a great feeling to get a pin that lives up to the hype, hope you enjoy it as much as am!!

#115 12 years ago

I have no doubts. Selling pins that you like will never be easy. If I had the space and budget I would have kept every pin I have ever owned so far. I liked them all. It's funny that sometimes I think of past pins and think about how I liked the game. Even Avatar was fun in its own ways. I would not buy it again but, I did like it. I am on the fence with TAF still. I think I should sell it to make this MM things go quicker and easier. Like you all I also have other bills, commitments to tend to. I also have a dog going to West Minster Next Month for the price of a decent pin. So, Just trying to sort it all out. MM will be great though. I have no doubts after TAT's last year and my other friends last weekend. I have MM envy.

#116 12 years ago

I got a bunch of pins, and all I can say is that at least half of the people that come up to play, who know nothing about pinball, pick MM as their favorite. Second place ties with SM, AFM and CC

#117 12 years ago

I bought my MM a few years ago at about half he going rate. Before owning it, i always thought of it as one of my Holy Grail machines. After having it a while, it's definately a cool game, but certainly not my favorite. In fact, it's not even in the current rotation. Guests would rather play MB. Kids like Shrek. I'd rather play LOTR or TSPP.

I'm glad I have it and it's definately a keeper, just not the pinnacle of Williams achievement that I once thought it was.

-Craig

#118 12 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

I'm glad I have it and it's definately a keeper, just not the pinnacle of Williams achievement that I once thought it was.

You're all going to laugh at this, but i like my BSD better than MM. I don't know how that would change with increased exposure to both games, however.

#119 12 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

PinCrush said:I'm glad I have it and it's definately a keeper, just not the pinnacle of Williams achievement that I once thought it was.

You're all going to laugh at this, but i like my BSD better than MM. I don't know how that would change with increased exposure to both games, however.

Me too, Dave! LOL. They may throw us in the funny farm.

-Craig

#120 12 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

davewth said:PinCrush said:I'm glad I have it and it's definately a keeper, just not the pinnacle of Williams achievement that I once thought it was.
Me too, Dave! LOL. They may throw us in the funny farm.
-Craig

BSD is great, and it has a strong "just one more game" pull that keeps you coming back for more.

Hard to compare to MM, but it is a pretty cool pin.

#121 12 years ago

Everyone game has different appeal to different people. SM had a poor reception here, I owned it for over a year. It was by far the least played game in the line up. While I did personally love the challenge it presented, the awesome flow and great layout, I did feel it was missing something, not sure what it was. We will see how much MM is getting played 12 months from now Different strokes for sure.

#122 12 years ago

I like my TS better than MM. AFM to me is just more fun than MM. I had MM for a couple of years so I feel like I played it enough for a fair assessment for me. The value and hype make MM a gem for most people and the humor and artwork. We all have our own opinions. Maybe we should have a heated discussion over homebrew on which one is better AFM vs. MM.

#123 12 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

BSD is great, and it has a strong "just one more game" pull that keeps you coming back for more.

Hard to compare to MM, but it is a pretty cool pin.

Hopefully my opportunity to buy a MM pans out and i'll be able to make a more accurate comparison. From my limited time playing both, I prefer BSD. I don't expect many people to agree and i realize that's an apples/oranges thing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
$ 64.99
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mm-has-won-me-over/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.