• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Weskin.jpg
padded_room5.jpg
StraightJacket.jpg
There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 12 years ago

Played MM at Tat's party last year and will again Next weekend. I was able to play many games on it yesterday and a friends house and it has won me over. It is such a fun game to play. Flow, shots, and humor are out of this world. The ramps just feel amazing IMO. I just love the damn game. Figures I have to fall for the most expensive game out there. Now, what to sell in order to start the savings for one. OR trade toward one. Here I go again.....

#2 12 years ago

Jesus Coaster,you do have a Disease-Incurable-Terminal-Lifelong illness.

#3 12 years ago

MM is a great game but the price will make you think twice about
having one

#4 12 years ago

I loved MM too, but I'm priced out of it. For the cost of one MM I can have TZ AND TAF and still have change left over.

#5 12 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Played MM at Tat's party last year and will again Next weekend. I was able to play many games on it yesterday and a friends house and it has won me over. It is such a fun game to play. Flow, shots, and humor are out of this world. The ramps just feel amazing IMO. I just love the damn game. Figures I have to fall for the most expensive game out there. Now, what to sell in order to start the savings for one. OR trade toward one. Here I go again.....

There's a reason it is rated so high.

Just like there is a reason that it goes for as much as it does. Demand is very high for this one, and rightfully so imo.

#6 12 years ago

Price sucks but, I am willing to sell off some of mine and save a bit to get one. I had more fun last night on MM. Or make a trade deal with someone willing to part with MM.

#7 12 years ago

I had a Camaro SS in the garage that I never drove. Selling it ended up getting me an MM and an IJ. I don't really miss the car too much, LOL.

Good luck getting one Coasterguy. It's fun for sure.

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Just like there is a reason that it goes for as much as it does. Demand is very high for this one, and rightfully so imo.

I made the mistake of playing one a year ago expecting (hoping) the hype to not measure up to actual game play experience. Ended up buying one a few weeks later.

#9 12 years ago

Man,Once you say it out loud-or post it on Pinside,you have already convinced yourself that it's going to happen,somehow/someway.

#10 12 years ago

I am willing to sell an organ at this point

#11 12 years ago

I think SS is gonna be sold. Tatman has dibs on it. I am cool with buying a fixer upper MM and having it restored.

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

lol I know how you feel.

#13 12 years ago

Buy the one in Florida,if you can find and offer the operator some coin and then have it shipped to GAP.

#14 12 years ago

It only took one ball to win me over.

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Price sucks but, I am willing to sell off some of mine and save a bit to get one. I had more fun last night on MM. Or make a trade deal with someone willing to part with MM.

Your current collection suggests that you have deep pockets. How much for the TAF?

#16 12 years ago

I dunno It's a beauty. Clear coat, lit apron, lit back board, led's, New Ramp, mods..... Ugh... I can't say I am sure I want to sell that one. I will think about it. pm me though.

#17 12 years ago

It seems MM is getting more rare all the time too.

#18 12 years ago

People are finding them on route, buying from the OPS and making them shine. Tough to let go.

You are right though. I stumbled into mine (for an astounding price), thinking it would be great trade bait. It won't be though. I realize the reason why it's ranked so high. It is so fun! And a really hard, fast game.

I had some folks over for UFC/poker the other night, and most had never played it. 2 of them walked out that night declaring it their new favourite pin. The others thought it was a little too hard.

#19 12 years ago

Coasterguy, where did you get the TAF lighted apron? I have been trying to find one forever. Pinball Dreams won't sell them anymore.

#20 12 years ago

I would trade my perfect LOTR LE and my modded SS for an MM. Hell, I might part with my AFM for one - since they are virtually the same game. But MM is getting pretty tough to find these days.

#21 12 years ago

It was on it when I bought it. I know that have stopped selling them... For now...

#22 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Hell, I might part with my AFM for one

You do realize MM still books at twice the value of an AFM despite all the hype on this website that they are near equivalent in price? It only takes one shill bid auction on ebay with a suspicious repost a few days later for the final bid amount for people to think these games are apples/apples and not the real apple/orange they are.

#23 12 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I dunno It's a beauty. Clear coat, lit apron, lit back board, led's, New Ramp, mods..... Ugh... I can't say I am sure I want to sell that one. I will think about it. pm me though.

I was half-kidding about wanting to buy it. The reality of the matter is you are too far away and there are enough of them out there that I should be able to find one locally if I keep looking. However, I will be heading that way some time this summer, so if you still have it and I am still looking for one, perhaps we can talk.

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

You do realize MM still books at twice the value of an AFM despite all the hype on this website that they are near equivalent in price? It only takes one shill bid auction on ebay with a suspicious repost a few days later for the final bid amount for people to think these games are apples/apples and not the real apple/orange they are.

I do realize that MM is the more expensive machine. I wouldn't even talk about selling my AFM for less than $6500, though. I was saying that I might be enticed to include AFM in a 2 for 1 trade for an MM - since those machines aren't at all apples/oranges. In fact, they are practically the same game, with different themes. Not apples to apples, but definitely not apples to oranges.

#25 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Not apples to apples, but definitely not apples to oranges.

I was pretty much talking about confirmed sales prices of the two and not the actual design of the game. Sorry if I got snarky.

Boston pinball #'s thru 11/11. Small sample sizes here but c'mon.

Machine Name Avg Price Min Price MaxPrice Count YTD YTDCount
Attack From Mars 3,710 515 8000 63 4,019 6
Medieval Madness 6,708 1277 20100 104 9,080 10

#26 12 years ago

No biggie. I figure a really nice AFM is at roughly 2/3 the value of an average MM. I was only saying that I might consider trading my really nice AFM toward an Mm that might not be quite as nice.

#27 12 years ago

i got snarky. sorry. i edited to add #'s. Maybe i'm just mad that i decided i wanted an AFM when they were 1/2 as much and now they are 2/3, although i don't know if i agree with that statement 100%.

#28 12 years ago

my numbers don't line up. oops. they did before i hit "post".

#29 12 years ago

we can follow it Dave

#30 12 years ago

I bit the bullet and picked-up my afm this summer, great game but not inexpensive. Have been playing it 2 or 3 times more than my other machines.

#31 12 years ago
Quoted from justonemore:

I bit the bullet and picked-up my afm this summer, great game but not inexpensive. Have been playing it 2 or 3 times more than my other machines.

I bet you gave more than $3710 for it, too.

#32 12 years ago

MM is admittedly a great game but no frikkin way is it a 10K game for me. An no way I would part with my 2 top pins (TZ & TAF) for one. Hell, I would still have to add cash. And not a little bit either. The small time that I have had on an MM was nice (found a nice one on route for a bit), but not better than TAF or TZ in my most humble opinion. Its out of my league (WAY WAY out of the park) and can stay there for all I care. Very cool game but just wouldnt drop that kind of $ when there are so many other great titles out there. Each to there own and best of luck to you. Thats part of what makes this hobby fun for me is the hunt and capture of a title. Good luck!

#33 12 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

How about TFLE?

#34 12 years ago

TF LE is staying right here!

#35 12 years ago

assuming all three are equal as far as gameplay goes, the fact that they made almost 4x as many tz and 5x as many TAF, i think paying 2-2.5x for a MM is a more than fair.

#36 12 years ago

i was commenting on pintastic's comment about value...

#37 12 years ago

I have to admit, I had an opinion of MM similar to Pintastic until I had a trade/cash deal that I impulse jumped on. I have to say, MM is just amazing and I now understand why it is a solid top three. Everyone who plays it just loves it, it is a true crowd pleaser.

#38 12 years ago

I have played my TZ maybe 300x and i haven't "learned to like it" like i did MM, AFM or even MB the first time i played them. Maybe i'm doing something wrong. lol.

#39 12 years ago

I just don't like the voice package at all. It's obviously trying to copy the humour of Monty Python And The Holy Grail which I absolutely adore but this 'homage' just doesn't make me laugh. Attack From Mars is much better in my opinion with it's awful foreign accents and "JACKPOOOOOOOOT!". The voice acting is much better. MM plays well but it grates on me but lots of people really like the humour so I guess humour can be divisive. I can't stand the humour in Scared Stiff either. I much prefer something like Congo which uses it's movie samples in quirky ways. "Wow, you're very quick!" and "How disappointing!" never fail to make me grin. MM just seems like local theatre comedy mugging.

Anyone feel the same?

#40 12 years ago

I feel exactly the opposite. I love the Monty Python-esque quotes in MM.

"They've taken our shrubberies!" LMAO!

#41 12 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Sell TAF & Tron

MM is a great game & is doubtful to drop unless they do a remake.

#42 12 years ago

I love the voice work in both MM and SS

#43 12 years ago

Still not convinced MM is a great game.

#44 12 years ago

I haven't played MM since it came out, and I was around 14 years old.
Since that time, I have since played it on the Williams collection, and I'm sure it has to be the greatest game of all time.

#45 12 years ago

You rated MM a 5.5? haha, seriously??? Sounds like it's just to much money for you so you hate it

MM is an awesome game, period, its' price does suck though.

kwiKimart
"Still not convinced MM is a great game."

#46 12 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

You rated MM a 5.5? haha, seriously??? Sounds like it's just to much money for you so you hate it []

MM is an awesome game, period, it's price does suck though.

It's overrated. I could get a TOTAN and AFM for the price of MM.

#47 12 years ago

It's not overrated at all, it's a great game, it's just pricey because of huge demand.

I agree I'd rather buy 2, 3, or 4 pins at once instead of MM, but that doesn't make it a crappy game.

Review the game based on how it plays, not what it costs. MM is one of the greatest pins ever made, there is no denying that. It may not be every persons top pick, but it's for sure in the top 20 of all time if you love DMD pins, and more likely in the top 5.

#48 12 years ago

Well the way I see it with my situation. I have cycled through many of the top pins already. I have experienced in my home many pins that I thought were keepers. I know now that this is part of the hobby. I always skipped over MM because of the price. Now, I am willing to sell and save to get one. Scared Stiff looks to be spoken for. I am gonna try to keep TAF and TZ along with MM at some point. TF and Tron will remain as well.

#49 12 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

tomdotcom said:You rated MM a 5.5? haha, seriously??? Sounds like it's just to much money for you so you hate it []
MM is an awesome game, period, it's price does suck though.
It's overrated. I could get a TOTAN and AFM for the price of MM.

TOTAN is one of the most over-rated games ever. Looks pretty sure but gameplay sucks. AFM is great for a reason. MM is the polished version of AFM with better rules & great multi-balls. Most people rate MM poor simply on what is costs. AFM & MM are almost the same game (AFM a little faster & MM the deeper rule set) so it crack me up when someone rates one really high & the other poor.

#50 12 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Well the way I see it with my situation. I have cycled through many of the top pins already. I have experienced in my home many pins that I thought were keepers. I know now that this is part of the hobby. I always skipped over MM because of the price. Now, I am willing to sell and save to get one. Scared Stiff looks to be spoken for. I am gonna try to keep TAF and TZ along with MM at some point. TF and Tron will remain as well.

Suprised you would move SS over Tron. I'll be getting my SS back soon & ive really missed it but dont miss Tron LE in the slightest.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 64.99
$ 9.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mm-has-won-me-over and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.