• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-642.jpg

#1 12 years ago

newyork.craigslist.org link

Wish I had the money because if this isn't fake (although it sounds fake, and the phone number is from maryland), someone is getting a hell of a deal. Hope it's real and someone who actually plays and collects gets it.

In case it comes down...

Greetings,

I've just received a job promotion in Los Angeles, and will now have to abandon my NYC home.
part of that means that I need to sell my beloved collectible pinball game Medieval Madness. I was fortunate to have bought this new in the late 90s, and she has been cared for and babied ever since.
the game is a work of art. all original, no wear anywhere. willing to ship if necessary, but I leave in 1 weeks time, so first come first serve, as I'm sure you all understand. first $6100 takes the game. just please promise me it's not going into an arcade! yuk!

thanks for reading, call if interested:
BRAD

310 997 3343

#2 12 years ago

Wonder where he came up with his asking price of 6100 ?

#4 12 years ago

If I were local I would call on it just to make sure though.

#5 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

If I were local I would call on it just to make sure though

+1, You will never know until you make the call.

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

If I were local I would call on it just to make sure though.

Yeah, think about if you read on here or someplace else, about how someone else could not believe the deal they got!

#7 12 years ago
Quoted from Snurdley:

Yeah, think about if you read on here or someplace else, about how someone else could not believe the deal they got!

I still can't believe that this would be considered a "deal". No one pin is worth that kind of money to me.

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from guymontag451:

I still can't believe that this would be considered a "deal". No one pin is worth that kind of money to me.

Yea but if you paid that price and the machine was in good condition you could likely sell it pretty easily and make 1K to 2K. I think that is why Snurdley is referring to it as a good deal. I know what you mean about the price though and would have to agree that is a crazy amount to pay for one pin.

#9 12 years ago

Whether or not you think MM's are overpriced is besides the point. Many would agree with you, but the fact remains that a HUO MM in mint condition for $6,100 is indeed an absolute steal. You could flip it for $10,000 easily.

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Whether or not you think MM's are overpriced is besides the point. Many would agree with you, but the fact remains that a HUO MM in mint condition for $6,100 is indeed an absolute steal. You could flip it for $10,000 easily.

I do think 6,100 is crazy to pay for a pin. But, that is a steal on one of those, if you are looking for a MM.

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from Snurdley:

I do think 6,100 is crazy to pay for a pin. But, that is a steal on one of those, if you are looking for a MM. []

I know what you mean. I understand their current going rates, I think that it just kind of sucks that outrageous inflation has made so that many people will never have the opportunity to see, or more importantly play this great pin.

#12 12 years ago

I know what you mean. I understand their current going rates, I think that it just kind of sucks that outrageous inflation has made so that many people will never have the opportunity to see, or more importantly play this great pin.

I totally agree! Unfortunately, a bunch have been jumping in price. I'm lucky and have a friend with a AFM, but at current market value would never own one.

#13 12 years ago

I read this thread earlier and expected to come back and see that it was either sold or a scam. MM would sell quickly at that price no matter what anyone posting here is willing to pay. No offense meant..its just like that gweempose is correct. Great deal by current market prices. Maybe I am too quick to judge by just reading this ad but I am guessing it is a scam. I have probably disected, er, read hundreds of sales ads for MM over the years in my life-long quest to own it and just developed an intuition about it all. If I am wrong, and it will not be the last time, I sincerely hope that the game goes to someone who will enjoy it immensely and not just flip it for a quick dollar.

#14 12 years ago

So did anyone call to find out if it was for real ?

2 years later
#15 9 years ago

This sounds overpriced now.....

#16 9 years ago

Man that would be sweet, MD numbers are 410,301,443,240 so not a MD a 310 area code I believe is CA maybe LA area?

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from The-koontz:

Man that would be sweet, MD numbers are 410,301,443,240 so not a MD a 310 area code I believe is CA maybe LA area?

Its a 2 year old thread!

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Trouble maker.

#19 9 years ago

No normal non-scamming person uses the term "Greetings" in my experience haha

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

No normal non-scamming person uses the term "Greetings" in my experience haha

Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Its a 2 year old thread!

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Just remember your MMR will be used as soon as you open the box so that "sucking sound" you were talking about when referring to pricing of original games will also apply to your game.

Translation: your laughing at me in this shirt... but it's your shirt
image-642.jpgimage-642.jpg

#22 9 years ago

April Fools isn't for everyone I guess....

Let's get back to the real important work on pinside- decoding blurry cad photos and fighting over Metallica's post-code-update rankings....

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

April Fools isn't for everyone I guess....

Calm down Francis. I was kidding as well on that comment. Not so much on the old thread fling.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

fighting over Metallica's post-code-update rankings....

I can't agree more with you on this point. I like Met as well but, lets give that dog a rest. If it ranks 100 or number 1, who cares, its a good game and that's whats important.

All MMs are going to get hit with the remakes, just like any game that's in current production. Resell is always going to be lower than the current NIB price. ACDC is a great example, you can get them shipped to your door right now for 6500 so, modded out HUO is selling for 5500. I see MMs and MMRs going used in nice condition for around 7ish when they start shipping. We will see.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

. I see MMs and MMRs going used in nice condition for around 7ish when they start shipping. We will see.

That is what I am hoping for. I got my Grand back from PPS. I am going to wait it out and see how the build is. I have made a policy not to preorder machines anymore. The HUO market is fine for me.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

That is what I am hoping for. I got my Grand back from PPS. I am going to wait it out and see how the build is. I have made a policy not to preorder machines anymore. The HUO market is fine for me.

That is a great idea. You can save a grand or so and let the first guy depreciate it like it Used to be, no more xxxxx by Christmas crap. Ed

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mm-for-sale-in-ny-6100 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.