Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by jonnyo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 13 years ago

That's what I like about opinions. I'd take LOTR over MM every day and twice on Sundays! Much better software and less repetition. As far as the licensed pins not being worth as much as originals, just look at TZ, TAF, MB, IJ, SS, SM, Creech, etc. Most of the big money titles are licensed.

I can understand your reservation if you are concerned about future values. MM is almost a sure bet that it will continue to rise in value, whereas LOTR and Avatar LE are more of a risk if you are worried about holding/rising values. Personally if it were me I'd trade away the MM for those titles, but then again I don't really like the game that much. It really comes down to how much you like MM. If it's one of your favorite games and you play it all the time, by all means keep it! If you are getting tired of it and you would rather have some new games to play, then trade it away!

#15 13 years ago

Yeah, that's what my buddy thought as well before he sold it. MM isn't a bad game by any means, but you can get a lot better games for far less money. I'd even argue that "The Shadow" is a better playing Bryan Eddy game. At least it has a unique layout, a rule-set that doesn't require you to shoot the same shots over and over, an upper playfield and 3rd flipper. MM is just too similar to so many other games in both rule-set and layout. I'm with you on the Stern thing as well. Stern has the best rule-sets in pinball, and some really fun games! I've played a ton of Avatar already and really like it! The game is absolutely beautiful, and it's pretty challenging to play too. A LOTR/Avatar combo offers a lot of pinball bang for the buck compared to MM.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 39.50
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Flagstaff, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mm-for-nib-avatar-le-and-lotr?tu=mikes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.