IMG_0971-131.JPG
IMG_0971.JPG
IMG_0970 - A.JPG
image.jpg
mm.JPG
65.jpg
MM.jpg
monkey_feeding_frenzy.gif
There are 264 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 10 years ago

#1211 from Pinball Sales. Wonder if I'm good or if they're gone already.

#202 10 years ago

Well based on if you just ordered, they are selling about 100 an hour by my guess. That might not include phone orders. Gotta be getting tight. I'm not too far in front of you.

-Jim

#203 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm barely in front of you. So, if you don't make it I'll sell you mine for the Automated price of $9500

#204 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

In the same boat. Probably time to step away from the computer and stop checking my order for Payment Confirmation so much...

#205 10 years ago

Until I see that 1k out of my account, I'm nervous as crap, and I'm (DELETED DUE TO PPS PEE PEE SLAP).

#206 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

:?Until I see that 1k out of my account, I'm nervous as crap, and I'm 1063.

That's more than 100 better than my number, you should be fine.

#207 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Number 1072 here. Ordered at about 11:45 MST.

#208 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Arn't you at Expo? Couldn't you have reserved one there? Well, you can play mine, I'm order#1040

I think there will be enough to go around, but might sell out by end of day, who knows.

#209 10 years ago
Quoted from copperpot:

In the same boat. Probably time to step away from the computer and stop checking my order for Payment Confirmation so much...

Probably won't get sorted out until next week. I got an e-mail with the invoice, but it's not a confirmation. They may not even know their allocation yet. Rick is taking orders at the show. It's a big mess. Very much like the METLE débâcle in the making.

#210 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I wouldn't worry about. You can always buy one when they announce the AFM, CC, or MB. People will sell to buy those. And if you really want a NIB, I have a feeling they will be out there too. (and not at crazy prices)

#211 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

:?Until I see that 1k out of my account, I'm nervous as crap, and I'm 1063.

I don't think we're going to see actual charges until next week when the dust has settled.

#212 10 years ago

I'll add to the fray... Spoke to Jen around 1:00. She took the order but can't say if confirmed.
Sold out in less than a few hours?!?! Now this is something else hey? What a frenzy.

#213 10 years ago

Is the DMD on this a regular plasma DMD, or an LED one? No option to build with a ColorDMD from the factory? That would make a whole lot of sense.

#214 10 years ago

All this ordering on such little information. I have lots of questions (after the fact here).

1. Are they going to use real silkscreened decals (not inkjet)? Will the sides be clear coated?
2. Are they going to use a real translite -- the original photo lithography technique (not one printed by inkjet)
3. If the leds are really on one big board, and that board is on the bottom of the field, will they be color changing? Will this part be easy to remove for cleaning black carbon? How about putting a gasket around it (assuming the LEDs don't get too hot) to keep the dust out.
4. Is that driver board really attached to the bottom of the field?!? How easy is that to service?

#215 10 years ago

my friend and l got automated confirmations by e-mail- phone op said we were like 5 and 6 to call (in the first hour), sooo..looks good so far.

#216 10 years ago

Is this where I write "Told ya"?

#217 10 years ago

It looks like a couple hundred have sold through pinball sales. Maybe a couple hundred at the show in person? How many other distributors are selling them online?

Something tells me they aren't sold out yet, but probably will be by the end of the weekend...

#218 10 years ago

Oh yeah!!!

#219 10 years ago
Quoted from 2000_Alum:

I am 1137, are you sure you have an "order confirmation"? In my e-mail confirmation it explicitly states: "Note that this is not an order confirmation. You will receive a detailed confirmation message once your order has been processed. You can check the status of your order by logging into your account at http://www.pinballsales.com/productcart/pc/custpref.asp".

I also called Jen and she said she will be sending out confirmations next week once everything is sorted and nothing is charged until then. Also she said shipping is targeted to begin 4/2014

Yes, yes....sorry for the confusion. I got the same e-mail as you noted above. My guess is that those of us that ordered within the last few hours will be fine. Ordering tomorrow......not so much.

#220 10 years ago
Quoted from shanetastic:

1225! Oh yeah!!!

I am 1245 and ordered 12 min after you..wow...and yes I know I might be too far down the list to get one, but lets hope thats wrong.

#221 10 years ago

I wonder if they'll come with this on the LDB?

Pin - K

http://www.kimballspinballs.com/products.html

IMG_0970 - A.JPGIMG_0970 - A.JPG
#222 10 years ago

Or look like this in your Gameroom?

Pin - K

http://www.kimballspinballs.com/products.html

IMG_0971.JPGIMG_0971.JPG
IMG_0971-131.JPGIMG_0971-131.JPG

#223 10 years ago

board set. DMD looks like Color.

64.jpg64.jpg
#224 10 years ago

I'm going to the movies and forget all about this stuff for a while.....

#225 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I'm going to the movies and forget all about this stuff for a while...

+100

#226 10 years ago

Was there any confirmation of a non LE version of this?

#227 10 years ago
Quoted from digitalbytes:

Was there any confirmation of a non LE version of this?

Only consideration if and when all the LE's were sold and if demand still was high.

#228 10 years ago

Woot, I am in! Always regretted selling mine...

#229 10 years ago

If all 1000 sell out today then I guess they left at least 500K on the table because if people are this quick to pay $8,000 surely they wouldn't have balked at $8,500.

#230 10 years ago

1254 in the house! holy cow, first NIB

#231 10 years ago

deleted!

#232 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Now I just have to decide what this does to my ST-LE order. Hmmm.....

Keep it!! I'm excited for both of these amazing titles!!! It's indeed a great year for Pinball!!!

#233 10 years ago

Why so expensive? Are there color changing LEDs? New software? ColorDMD? I mean it is a good game, but it seems like it should be priced somewhere between a Stern Pro and Stern Premium. Not sure why it is priced the same as STLE or WoZ??

#234 10 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Why so expensive? Are there color changing LEDs? New software? ColorDMD? I mean it is a good game, but it seems like it should be priced somewhere between a Stern Pro and Stern Premium. Not sure why it is priced the same as STLE or WoZ??

Because people are willing to pay that much, that's why.

#235 10 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Not sure why it is priced the same as STLE or WoZ??

Demand. Pure and simple.

#236 10 years ago

Flipping fantastic in at #1242

#237 10 years ago

Wow, $8 million dollars floods into the pinball market in probably 24 - 48 hours.

Big day for sure.

#238 10 years ago

Just remember... $8K for a pin is too much money!

Oh wait...This isn't a Star Trek, Hobbit, WOZ, etc. thread.

Carry on.

#239 10 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Biggest deal was likely the re-engineering of the boards. This price point likely allows them to make back that investment. Such design work is now paid for regarding any further work they do.

Beyond that, it is priced there because people will pay it... why charge less?

#240 10 years ago

Whoohoo! MM remake!!!! Crap, why my kidz needs to goes toos coledge!?

#242 10 years ago
Quoted from Pacer:

Biggest deal was likely the re-engineering of the boards. This price point likely allows them to make back that investment. Such design work is now paid for regarding any further work they do.

If anything, the board redesign lowers their BOM significantly. The kind of SBC (single board computer) needed to run the likes of MM software these days is minimal cost. The NRE while non-zero probably wasn't too too bad. Certainly the NRE is more than made up for by the savings of using replacement WPC-95 style aftermarket stuff.

#243 10 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Just got an e-mail saying to send in a check, but no amount is given. Anyone figure this out? I'm assuming 1k, but will post if I find out for sure

Yes, $1,000.

#244 10 years ago

For those that ordered from pinballsales I just got an email from Jen saying to mail a check for 1k within the next 7 days to confirm my order. The cards will not be charged.

#245 10 years ago
Quoted from Aladdin:

Whoohoo! MM remake!!!! Crap, why my kidz needs to goes toos coledge!?

I'm in that boat. First tuition payment coming in less than 2 years. Spending it now.

#246 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Yes, $1,000.

Great, thanks!

#247 10 years ago

Anybody know what the daughterboard on the new hardware is? At first I thought it was a BeagleBone Black (http://beagleboard.org/Products/BeagleBone%20Black), which would go with the display being a fake DMD on LCD using the HDMI output, but that doesn't look quite right.

product_detail_black_sm.jpgproduct_detail_black_sm.jpg64.jpg64.jpg

#248 10 years ago
Quoted from Pacer:

Beyond that, it is priced there because people will pay it... why charge less?

Re-engineering the boards was no big deal. Even if they didn't own the rights, all of the boards have been reverse engineered by hobbyists. That CPU in the picture probably costs $25 to have spun in China. I like Planetary Pinball, so good for them. Its just surprising people are willing to jump on such an inflated price. Hopefully they will make a few thousand of them and I can get one for $6000 on the tail end of the run! Actually I would much rather have a new AFM. I might go 7K on that if they can figure out how to put a colorDMD and color changing LEDs in.

#249 10 years ago

If anyone is worried that is not gonna get one, don't. You will be able to buy a pre order in a few months for 5 or 10k

#250 10 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I wonder where all the MM bashers are now.

Ha! Ha! Cool! Ed

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 64.99
$ 9.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 264 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mm-confirmed/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.